It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politicians will be handed an 11% pay hike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

amounting to £7,500 each – increasing their total pay to a whopping £74,000 a year.

Thats $111,629

The huge pay boost comes as public sector workers are given just a one per cent increase – and many private sector workers see their pay frozen. But some MPs feel victimised, saying the increase will turn the public against them while others say they will not be taking the rise.

They should feel victimised! With all the emphasis on cut backs and sacrifices the public have to make, cuts to the NHS, cuts in education cuts in public services etc etc why is more money being given to these clowns? And the ones refusing the pay rise? are just after more votes!

MPs will no longer be able to claim for their TV licences or late night meals in the Commons. The body also says it will only cost the tax payer an extra £500,000 a year.

Well at least they have to pay for their own food and the £145 a year TV license.
People have been taking pay freezes and having their pensions cut but the IPSA want to give money to the people making the cuts. Britains roads need it more than they do, just ask my car's shock absorbers!

MPs’ pay is now ten times higher than it was in 1977. The average family’s pay is only six times higher than it was over the same period.

sound fair??

At this point I feel angry and insulted, almost laughed at by these suits. Now the argument for this increase is that MP's deserve reasonable pay for the job they do. Well they already earn a lot more than the average guy with almost all of their expenses paid for on top of that. It wouldnt be so insulting if we werent recovering from the recession and having to make so many sacrifices.

But the moment I read this sentence...

Another senior party source said: “Parliament is sovereign. In the end, we can do what we like.”

I felt sick

People like him shouldn't be given any kind of power. If he was named he would be forced to retire.
edit on 11-7-2013 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I think you've missed a few key points in your little rant..

Namely, it's not the MP's giving themselves a raise, but the independent commission overhauling their whole packages.

Secondly, most MP's and all the parties have rejected the idea of such an increase, with many saying they won't take it.

Thirdly, it is only a proposal and as Downing Street said, after the backlash against, it is likely to be scrapped by the commission.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Hi op

Bloody disgusting.
I dont think that the handfull of MPs that are refusing the rise are looking for votes.

There is an mp here in coventry who is on an average workers pay (wont say who, look yourself)
This man has taken only what he thinks is a fair workers wage.

At the end of the day LONDON could not give a crap about the rest of the country.
London has raped the north of wealth for well over a hundred years.

Personally I'd love to see these posh bastards brought down to the level of a poor hard working person.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Hi there, thanks for your input...how much of my post did you read?

you said:

Originally posted by stumason
I think you've missed a few key points in your little rant..

.....patronising

You said:

Namely, it's not the MP's giving themselves a raise, but the independent commission overhauling their whole packages.

But I said:
"People have been taking pay freezes and having their pensions cut but the IPSA want to give money to the people making the cuts."

You said:

Secondly, most MP's and all the parties have rejected the idea of such an increase, with many saying they won't take it.

But I said:
"And the ones refusing the pay rise? are just after more votes!"

You said:

Thirdly, it is only a proposal and as Downing Street said, after the backlash against, it is likely to be scrapped by the commission.

yeah because the government always listen to the public..
edit on 11-7-2013 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

I can guarantee this

Stu is not a troll op, that is the only truth in this thread.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

they make it clear and ensure it goes down on record and on the news that they have refused it so we will remember it when it comes to election time

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silicis n Volvo

they make it clear and ensure it goes down on record and on the news that they have refused it so we will remember it when it comes to election time

Very much agreed and I will keep my eyes and ears peeled
cheers
dave

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
It's a cost of living increase. The cost of living for some has increased 11 percent while the majority have had a cost of living increase of less than two percent
It's not how you figure it's who you figure it. Same letters rearranged.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silicis n Volvo

And i'll still be voting for UKIP. No point voting for any of the others we'll just get more of the same, guaranteed.

Can i also say though, why are people not up in arms about local councils staff wages ie chief execs earning more than the PM ? It's the councils whinning they have to cut front line services while still paying their chief execs over 100K+ that make my blood boil
edit on 15/09/2011 by FFS4000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The trough for the pigs has just got deeper I see

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Another case of the richer getting richer...... Bunch of pricks. I can't wait until they have Karma come back around for them.

new topics

top topics

join