It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

Fascinating explanation, and the best way of looking at it as far as FL. I've enjoyed your comments, for my part, and certainly meant no criticism of them. That really is the question, in a sense, and you've nailed it. It's what I tried to address coming from a slightly different point of view than you: the walls or boundaries and how we perceive and share around them.......

I understand completely your explanation about autism, and would say your son is very lucky to have you as his mother.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50

Fascinating explanation, and the best way of looking at it as far as FL. I've enjoyed your comments, for my part, and certainly meant no criticism of them. That really is the question, in a sense, and you've nailed it. It's what I tried to address coming from a slightly different point of view than you: the walls or boundaries and how we perceive and share around them.......

I understand completely your explanation about autism, and would say your son is very lucky to have you as his mother.

Thank you Tetra, I'm blessed to have my boy!

( I've modified my post since reading your earlier comment today to thank you for your mention of my words...)

And boundaries - they are both what keep us sane, and what keep us isolated and potentially misunderstood.
I understand your concerns about "blending into the hive" or having no boundaries or filters for sharing ourselves. (It's like that guy you get stuck next to on an airplane that says whatever comes into his head in a constant, unrelenting stream-of-consciousness flow until your own boundaries are battered and bruised! Nobody wants to be that guy, really!!! LOL!) Thanks for giving my ideas a second look...

peace to you,
AB

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I want to clarify something here: I'm always on alert when certain subjects come up. This one from DARPA--that has been mentioned here previously--for example:

Why do people accept and act on certain kinds of information while dismissing others? Why are some narrative themes successful at building support for terrorism? What role can narratives play in causing—and helping to treat—Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)? These questions deal with the role narratives play in human psychology and sociology, and their answers have strategic implications for defense missions.

DARPA launched the Narrative Networks program to understand how narratives influence human cognition and behavior, and apply those findings in international security contexts. The program aims to address the factors that contribute to radicalization, violent social mobilization, insurgency, and terrorism among foreign populations, and to support conflict prevention and resolution, effective communication and innovative PTSD treatments.

Narratives may consolidate memory, shape emotions, cue heuristics and biases in judgment, and influence group distinctions. To determine their influence on cognitive functions requires a working theory of narratives, an understanding of what role they play in security contexts, and an examination of how to systematically analyze narratives and their psychological and neurobiological impact.

Narrative Networks has three parallel tracks of research and development:

Develop quantitative analytic tools to study narratives and their effects on human behavior in security contexts;

Analyze the neurobiological impact of narratives on hormones and neurotransmitters, reward processing, and emotion-cognition interaction; and

Develop models and simulations of narrative influence in social and environmental contexts, develop sensors to determine their impact on individuals and groups, and suggest doctrinal modifications

www.darpa.mil...

The following from USC Institute for Creative Technologies is just one small slice of the study and is an example of how academia is funded and recruited for DARPA projects. Interesting website to check out. Word.

The neuroimaging aspect is particularly interesting to me as it has come up in my MIB(OPs) thread/research and, yeah, there are folk out there that want--and are on the verge of--reading "minds" so-to-speak.

The Narrative Group investigates storytelling and the human mind, exploring how people experience, interpret and narrate the events in their lives. We pursue creative research at the intersection of computer science, psychology, and communications. Our projects range from basic science research to advanced prototype development.

Project: Neurobiology of Narrative Framing

Narratives often include appeals to strong, sacred values in order to evoke an emotional response in the reader. Does the structure of value-laden narratives vary across cultures? Do these difference matter in cross-cultural communication?

To investigate these questions, we are conducting a large-scale analysis of personal narratives in American, Iranian, and Chinese weblogs, coupled with cross-cultural behavioral and neuroimaging studies of the reaction that readers have to narratives framed using sacred values.

This DARPA-funded effort is a collaboration with the USC Brain and Creativity Institute.

narrative.ict.usc.edu...

The study has caught the attention of all kind of commentators:

(PhysOrg.com) -- Sometimes you just don’t know whether to laugh, cry or be alarmed when hearing about what the boys in secretive back rooms are doing in the name of antiterrorism, or homeland security, or whatever else they wish to call it. This time it seems, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), the semi-secret agency charged with coming up with new and cool ways to protect the citizens of the United States from foreign bad guys, wants to hire someone to figure out how vulnerable some people are to “narratives” (oral stories, speeches, propaganda, books, etc. that cause people to think) and then, supplant such messages with “better” messages to head off the path that for such people might lead them to becoming a terrorist…

…At first blush, such a program would appear to be scary as all get out; after all, if our government gets its hands on technology that could reprogram people who have come to feel things the government doesn’t like, it seems like a really good way to control them, including its own population...

…On the other hand, the folks at DARPA seem to think that new advances in technology might have changed the game a little bit. New types of brain scans can, for example, can actually show a brain being changed due to a received message. And new highly sophisticated electronic sensing devices are able to pick up even the slightest nuances in facial expressions. If the two technologies could be brought together, the thinking goes, perhaps people could be scanned without their knowledge and found to be either vulnerable to messaging or already changed in some way by messaging from a suspect source.

In such case, they could be targeted for specialized messaging that has been shown through research to be effective in overriding what has occurred in their unknowing noggins.

Each phase is supposed to go for 18 months though there doesn’t appear to be any component of the project that calls for publicly publishing results found or describing product deliveries after completion.

phys.org...

Just search "darpa narratives study" and follow the academic links--rather than the commentaries--to understand the depth and implications of this topic.

So, understand, I agree that there is a continuing possibility that the above relates to our topic here. I keep my antenna out and twitching. BUT, so far, I personally can find no smoking gun as relates to FL.

I've awoken more than once in the last 2 weeks feeling that--barring such a smoking gun--I personally have no right to make such an assertion as fact.

Doesn't mean I'm not keeping my eyes open as regards this thread AND other subjects that aren't related to FL. I also want to reiterate something I referenced in my last post: Playing with one's deep psyche and/or with Daemons (who very-well might be just a part of our psyche…or not) is, imo, rather dangerous and foolhardy. Most who go there with any depth of success, never seem to quite come back.

At the same time, I wanna live and let live…unless I have reason to believe it's come down to kill or be killed.

My mind is still open and my antenna twitching, but I hope my heart still is, too.

edit on 30-8-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Exactly, AboveBoard. Your analogy of that guy on the airplane is a really good one.

One thing I'd like to add, though, to some of the concerns I stated in some of my earlier posts, is also about where, perhaps, an anti language could lead, with no boundaries, is towards a more judgmental state about human and other life, and its value. Simply put, this one is smarter, this one more functional, etc.....

I don't think we are all equal, meaning the same, but nevertheless, I strongly believe our value (unless one does something so antithetical to life, and even then, I am not willing to be the judge because our ways of knowing this now may have been quite corrupted) as living beings is intrinsically important to each other's.

I complemented you, and said your son was lucky to have you. Like many mothers of children who are different, you recognized immediately how lucky you are to have him. I used to teach, for instance, and found my students taught me so much more than I could ever teach them. My daughter taught me just as much, if not more, about life and helped define it for me, in a way that I never would have grasped were it not for her, though we are quite different, in many ways, especially how we process and react to information.

Thanks so much for your comments. I enjoy them a great deal.
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Very good information, Gut, and I agree with your assessments, as usual. I don't think anyone who knows the posting history of many of us involved here don't know that many of us have discussed DARPA's collection and study of individual narratives in other threads.

The only "smoking gun," I found in terms of Darpa and FL, was the bit I posted several pages ago about DARPA's involvement with Nodespace, and then FL using it in their research. And I am wary of the agency and their research, vis a vis information you just posted.

If you can read my mind, just as my modem allows my computer to talk to other computers, then it's a two way street. I've said this enough now on other threads, I'm sure people are sick of hearing it from me. However, it is a warning I think profound enough I will keep repeating it.....not that that will get me anywhere.

Tetra50
edit on 30-8-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

tetra50
reply to post by The GUT

Very good information, Gut, and I agree with your assessments, as usual. I don't think anyone who knows the posting history of many of us involved here don't know that many of us have discussed DARPA's collection and study of individual narratives in other threads.

The only "smoking gun," I found in terms of Darpa and FL, was the bit I posted several pages ago about DARPA's involvement with Nodespace, and then FL using it in their research. And I am wary of the agency and their research, vis a vis information you just posted.

If you can read my mind, just as my modem allows my computer to talk to other computers, then it's a two way street. I've said this enough now on other threads, I'm sure people are sick of hearing it from me. However, it is a warning I think profound enough I will keep repeating it.....not that that will get me anywhere.

Tetra50
edit on 30-8-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

Since you are going to use computers as an analogy, I wanted to correct you slightly and add to it.

A computer can communicate with another computer and while that computer recognizes it has a connection the "user" may not. This is why hackers are able to do what they do so well, the "users" do not know their computer has been hijacked. Now there is protection like firewalls or severing the link or knowing where that connection will come from an blocking it. A computer must also be given access or learn how to access that other computer (web address, IP addresses etc)

So let's bring that back over to telepathy. Let's say I am able to have access to your Dreams you may not be consciously aware that I can see or scan them right?

Your mind/brain is likened to the computer and your consciousness the "user" enabling that computer. Ever drive your car and you "zone out" for a mile or two? You are awake and functioning, but you are not completely aware. In those moments perhaps your mind is more accessible, sleeping even more so right?

Now let's visit that two way street. Do you know how to snap your fingers, or whistle? Sure it is easy! Right? But this is a learned process if nobody taught you how to snap or whistle perhaps you could figure it out on your own but it would take time. Being very self aware of how your mind and body work might speed that up a bit. Being shown how to do it however, you might pick it up quickly! Take that a step further, if telepathy were indeed possible sure it could be a two way street but first you would have to be aware of it, then you would have to learn how to do it!

Now that you have learned how to use Telepathy you can communicate or view the other persons thoughts right? Well remember in that computer example there are protections? I would have to think someone with the ability to turn it on could also turn it off or block signals with a mental fire wall. They might also know tricks you have yet to learn or ways to disguise themselves in your thoughts.

Funny we go to this direction I just re-watched Dreamscape the other night cheesy but profound. It would start in a lab with devices until the person learned to do it innately and then they might even teach others...
edit on 30-8-2013 by abeverage because: pesky details!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Curiouser and Curiouser

The latest FL video now contains a warning (AND personally I WOULD HEED IT!) about being designed for OBE (Out of Body Experience?) experiments!

Now I have no idea what a D-brana is but...a D-brane is dimension point within cosmic string theory

*CORECTION* I was correct D-brana is Spanish for D-Brane named after mathematician Johann Dirichlet...
~headslap~ I should have known better...

Of course it could also be an homophonic pun of the D-Brain...
edit on 30-8-2013 by abeverage because: of my brain!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

abeverage
The latest FL video now contains a warning about being designed for OBE (Out of Body Experience?) experiments!

Houston: We have achieved communication with FL! I think you might be right, yet again, AB...it seems we may have influenced one another.

Alerted and/or alarmed is, admittedly, also a possibility. But I also suggest that a careful approach to any assertions is, at this point, a fair and noble stance.

Like I stated earlier: As I dig through their historical posts, I really get the feeling that the FL folk are "conspiracy theorists" much in the same way we at ATS are.

ETA: Sorry if my edit negated whomever gave me a star for this post. Didn't mean--if I did--to "jack" you!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Don't wanna hijack Kantzveldt's excellent thread, but I need your help and/or honest opinions. Hard for folk to discuss Syria and the important developments with the new ATS format being rolled out today:

Couldn't give an EFF on stars/flags. Word to your forefathers! Check this out though and lemme know what you think.

Syria, NSA, and Blackmail? Do the Math

Stupid or on target? You be the judge.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

All right. But let me add, once again, to your very positive portrayal of what you describe as telepathy. Where is the firewall? How would that work. You see, some of us (and I am one of them) claim to have experienced having outside influences, at the least, perhaps another persona, join with our minds. For me, it has been an experiential, day to day, sometimes second to second, nightmare.

This, I don't feel, is the correct thread for a discussion of this on a personal level. Nor do I really want to begin the providing sources for the technology that make it possible, and Ii do have those sources. And can tell you just what it feels like….. And I could tell you that before ever having read an article or source about what that feeling is, and knew immediately, almost, or at least after a very short time, that there was something profound going on with things being in my mind which were not a product of my thought.

Having said that, I've also experienced what it is to know, almost, what someone else was thinking....sometimes it could be quite uncomfortable socially, as people aren't at ease around someone when they sense they know you know what they are thinking. Might sound crazy, but indeed it is true.

Perhaps they just haven't perfected the firewall of the mind.....idk. I don't really care. My experiences with it on a personal level have been traumatic enough I want no part of it. And I have to say that the times in my life when I sensed what was happening in another's mind, they weren't all that comfortable with that, either.
Just my two cents.
Thanks for yours.
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

"With Great power comes Great responsibility" I love that line out of Comic and Movie mostly because Spiderman is so fallible.

Have you seen the Movie I mentioned (Dreamscape)? Well I do think that we may have a limited type of telepathy but I have no proof to confirm it. I have no doubts though that it would be (like in the movie) used for extremely nefarious purposes! Of this I have not misconceptions. It is one reason I feel humans may not be ready to have such abilities.

I see it much like giving a gun to a 6 year old. When I look around at so called Adults even some of the most educated, successful ones I know I do not see an Aware Adult...I see a child in control of an Adult body. Ones who are selfish or self serving, pampered and prone to childish though again in adult forms of Tantrums!

There are few oh so few with self awareness and most them are elderly which is a shame, but they have mastered themselves and their inner child. But age doesn't even bring this on for most humans.

So where am I going with all of this? If there was such a power (and I believe there is we just forgot how to use it) it would of course be abused.

As far as creating a mental firewall. In computer terms packets of information are always being sent and received by the computer. A hacker will try to disguise a packet to make the computer believe it is one of its own. Once inside the computer it can of course create all kinds of havoc. The firewall stands between the outside world (internet) and the computer. It sees each packet that comes in it then is aware if the packet belongs to the computer or if it is malicious it ignores it. After awhile the Firewall begins to see a pattern and complete discards unwanted or malicious packets automatically.

Now a mental firewall
We all have stray thoughts, impulses or thoughts incongruent of our nature or what we think we are thinking LOL I know it sounds silly but you know what I mean. Now we can take that thought just like the firewall and see does it belong to me? Would I create that thought? You would be surprised that yeah you might think example "I want to kick that dog" but you love the dog it is incongruent but you created. The mental firewall can dismiss this packet (Thought) as well, and same would be applied to anything we could deem not our own. Soon the mental firewall does this automatically.

You can condition your mind but it takes discipline, learning how to THINK thoughts seems simple but to actually control it is much more difficult. Awareness and Thinking are actually very different but both can be learned and managed.

That said if a mind is damaged or lacking proper nutrients or did not properly develop that is a whole other situation.
edit on 30-8-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Spiderman, without a doubt, is the greatest of all superheroes. Dude is real. Superman is silly fantasy.

I THINK we are on the same page and have contemplated the same thoughts. The concept has hit me that we ALL have "unacceptable" thought-impulses. It doesn't mean we would act on them, but it does bring the "hive mind" into question.

After some witch-hunts and a period of utter chaos after achieving such telepathy, would we realize that we are all the same and thusly go ahead and honor those impulses? Accept the "duality" as it were? Or would we all sentence each other to death for such thoughts?

Doesn't seem to be a middle ground. We'd either have to, STILL, make judgements of "right and wrong"…or accept said "impulses" as valid and somehow allow for their indulgence.

If one believes in duality, then the attempt to level the playing field by some "collective telepathy" is hypocritical and a moot point. If, on the other hand, one believes in an inherent "morality," then who becomes the judge?

Any valid philosophy must be internally consistent or it's just rhetoric.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Outta body experience? Everyone of those videos seems like someone ate some jimsonweed and went to the edge of reality. But i dunno if i like the idea of having all those experimental videos messing with my psyche. i emailed Darpa asking for some info into that site. Just because it's our tax dollars going towards it (maybe...?)

I know those members are native to different countries, but this is MERICA, dammit! I want to know where my $ is going.

Has anyone watched that OBE video yet? I got the direct links in-case they wanna be mean and take away those rocking tunes. It's good background music. Sorry, just wanted to throw my 2 cents in. I dunno if they will take my email inquiry seriously. (doubtful)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by guardian0111
i emailed Darpa asking for some info into that site. Just because it's our tax dollars going towards it (maybe...?)

I know those members are native to different countries, but this is MERICA, dammit! I want to know where my $ is going.

I don't know who you are, guardian, or where you came from, but I like you already. Yeah, DARPA probably won't respond...but you remind of this cat:

See you around...

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

never mind
edit on 31-8-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

edit on 31-8-2013 by tetra50 because: no point

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Who is an expert? Someone with a signed document? Being an Amateur astronomer I know more "experts" that have no degree but know more and have discovered or added more to the field then the PhD Astronomers I have had contact with. The same applies to Information Technology...or medical fields.

And when it comes to Telepathy who is an expert in this field? A neuroscientist? A Yogi (meditation)? Someone who suffers from invasive thoughts or psychic attacks?

Who knows more?

A doctor who has had years of schooling and a degree about how the body/mind works (or they believe how it works). Or someone suffering from an illness?

It used to be that we had to rely "Completely" on the Doctor because we the uninitiated had little or no access to the knowledge that had been accumulated without ourselves becoming doctors.

The doctor makes a hypothesis based on teachings and 3rd party experience unless they have had that illness they can only speculate what it is doing to the patient. The patient being ignorant to the condition would take whatever advice the Doctor had because they had no choice a limited options.

But these days the knowledge abounds and in some cases makes us think we are more educated than the Doctor. Becoming what has been coined a Cyberchondriac, believing what ails us is worse or that we have a certain condition when it is unlikely. While this can be dangerous it is no less dangerous of giving all of your trust in one person, without any consideration to learning about what ails us. So both must work together or find a second, third or fourth opinion.

Perhaps there are others who believe like you do that there is malicious intent and have suffered through it. Perhaps they have suffered like you or worse. There may also be others who have been through it and learned how to resist it. We could argue all day about what it is external or internal or if there is a cure or ways to repel an attack ‎Ad infinitum. But ultimately it is up to an individual to believe there is a remedy and choose to believe it.

And while I am no expert I do believe in a mental firewall.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I knocked something together about a month ago on the present subject, and it is, I confess, the most compelling aspect of this thread for me.

Ishin-denshin: What the Mind Thinks, the Heart Transmits

They lie side by side, brow to brow. He kisses her cheek, tastes salt.

“Are you all right?”

She nods, “I was thinking about how there is less than an inch of skin and bone separating our brains. And *that* made me think of telepathy, and it made me a little teary. I’m not sure why. What would it be like if our minds could touch?”

He pulls back, locks eyes. “Literally? It would be sticky, and painful, and then we would die.”

She laughs, and he kisses her between her eyes and strokes her hair. She sighs.

It is exactly what she wanted him to do.

If you could have direct, non-verbal contact with the mind of another human being, would you do it? Would you fear being cracked open like an oyster, all your quintessence and grit sucked from you; or would you long to allow the shell of selfhood to dissolve, let the flow of your vital substance merge into a greater current? Would you prefer for that communion to be selective or total?

Telepathy is a recent concept, having few historical precedents outside of isolated references in obscure Buddhist texts. It first entered the popular mind in the late 18th century, tied to the concept of “animal magnetism”, an invisible force that travelled in waves from the sender to the object. Therefore, in its earliest form, telepathy was intimately linked with remote influence and control.

Current theories of telepathy haven’t departed much from the original explanation, with everything from quantum entanglement to EMF to morphic resonance standing in for Mesmer’s idea. There have been countless experiments conducted by private and state entities, and although there have been some tantalizing results, a definitive proof of the phenomenon remains elusive.

R&D is underway with the goal of developing an implant that would enable a human to transmit a pre-verbal signal- the impression of the word before it forms in your mind- directly to the brain of another human. Transhumanist telepathy.

However, the best and most consistent evidence comes from couples. The level of attunement that two lovers can attain may facilitate extrasensory transmission of information- sometimes across long distances. If this is so, it tells us two things:

1. Every human brain may have this untapped, undeveloped capacity.

2. We are terrified of the depth of that contact; of the implied peril to our sense of self, the risk of complete exposure and subsequent rejection.

Love, with its properties of understanding, acceptance, and above all, the willingness to meld with the loved one could account for the higher degree of mind-reading between couples. The desire for a shared self may be the only impetus strong enough to embolden us to stand naked before one another, mind to mind.

hyperboholic.wordpress.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

BTW: did you guys catch this article?

New research demonstrates that triggering an out-of-body experience (OBE) could be as simple as getting a person to watch a video of themselves with their heartbeat projected onto it. According to the study, it's easy to trick the mind into thinking it belongs to an external body and manipulate a person's self-consciousness by externalizing the body's internal rhythms.

www.gizmag.com...

Haven't viewed that vid, and probably won't, but I bet there's a beat your heart can dance to.

Double it up with this study for dynamite collective potential:

Objectives: This study examined whether a group of participants trained in achieving high states of heart rate variability coherence (HRVC) could facilitate higher levels of HRVC in an untrained subject in close proximity.

Design: Fifteen adult volunteers were trained to increase their HRVC. In a series of 148 10-minute trials using six different experimental protocols, three of the trained participants were placed together with one of 25 additional volunteers to test whether the three could collectively facilitate higher levels of HRVC in the fourth.

Results: The HRVC of the untrained subject was found to be higher in approximately half of all matched comparisons and was highest in cases where all four participants focused on achieving increased HRVC. A probit analysis revealed a statistical relationship between participants’ comfort with each other and trial success. Greater levels of inter-group comfort were seen to be positively linked to increases in HRVC. Evidence of heart rhythm synchronization between group members was revealed through several methods, including correlation analysis, coherence analysis, wavelet coherence analysis, and Granger causality tests. Higher levels of HRVC were found to be correlated with higher levels of heart rate synchronization between participants.

Conclusions: These results suggest that a coherent energy field can be generated and/or enhanced by the intentions of small groups of participants trained to send coherence-facilitating intentions to a target receiver. This field is made more coherent with greater levels of comfort between group members. The evidence of heart rhythm synchronization across participants supports the possibility of heart-to-heart bio-communications.

www.heartmath.org...

I am he as you are she and we are all together... in a big gooey astral blob.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
An interesting thing just happened to me well...to me and little bird.

A humming bird just got lost in my Garage. I could hear its little chirps as I went out and found it roosting on the electric cord to the garage door opener. As I went toward it, it took off and began hitting its head on the ceiling! I panicked a bit and froze for fear of further injuring this delicate creature and knowing when in doubt do nothing until I at least had some plan.

I thought, I know I will pull the lever and lower the Garage door and open the back door surely it will see the light and head that direction. Well most birds want to perch on the highest branch and when they feel trapped they will try to fly higher, so instead it now bumped its little head on the bright patch of ceiling above the door and finally came back to its previous perch on the cord.

Next I grabbed a small ladder and slowly climbed up not sure what to expect, perhaps give it my finger on which to grasp and carry it out. I am not sure why I attempted this because you would think the closer you got the more it would get wary and flee. Well amazingly I did get close to it, to the point I held my finger directly to its chest! They are such tiny and beautiful little creatures, I was beginning to get upset it would not be able to get out of my Garage. Possibly it was too tired to move or confused, I was nudging its tiny fragile body on to my finger to perch.
It would not budge...

I got down from the ladder and thought perhaps I could provoke it out with a rake hopping not to frighten it further but just guide it out. I grabbed the rake and pleaded with it. "Shoo" "Go" "PLEASE...come on you silly little bird, go to the light!" "just go to the door!". It would flitter and flit about and soon landed on the rake. I almost JUMPED! HA! I can now just carry it to the door! I slowly edged to the door and doing a limbo moved started to crouch ever so slowly down and down as not to spook it off. No sooner had we made it to the door ZIP it was back to the garage cord!

At this point I was throughly frustrated at this point! Wishing I could just tell the bird "look the door is your freedom!" I even tried some silly little chirps in a vain attempt to speak its language LOL!

Finally I thought ok I know it will land on the rake as perch, I will just open a bigger door! I reopened the Garage and again ever so slowly attempted the same maneuver that proved futile before with the rake. With bird again in tow I kept thinking to myself "It's ok little bird" "we are gonna get you where you belong" "you are gonna be safe".

I moved slowly closer this time toward the open Garage door. As soon as we got under the door FLIT! It took to the air, this time I slowly waved the rake back and forth NOT THIS WAY I said, then ZIP! It was gone...

It was then it occurred to me this all could be avoided...
If only I could have only spoken fluent Hummingbird!

Have a great weekend and remember garages are for cars not for flying!
edit on 31-8-2013 by abeverage because: I was being bird brained...

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join