It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Thank you! I will review this, Brotherman.
If I find anything at all useful to add afterwards, I'll chime in, otherwise I'll stick to lurking...

peace,
AB

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Well what an interesting read - this thread was doing really well until it was taken way off topic by various people.
A lot of fascinating info presented and some excellent links for further reading.
A great insight into group dynamics and people and how easily some are distracted, misdirected or even panicked.

We never did establish the truth or not about the Halliburton connection did we or whether or not they are funded, employed,under grant.......

Also we are using a language to communicate that for all the reasons above (different cultures,nationalities etc) is bound to end up in confusion and misunderstandings.

I know I for one often struggle to find the correct word to use and i have a reasonable vocabulary to draw from

Everyone here or certainly most seem happy there is no Vampyr connection in the sense of literal blood sucking entities and the thread then seemed to morph into an investigation of FL. This is where everything seemed to spiral out of control with the appearance of many new members and from FL themselves (apparently anyway).

We had members confessing they had offered to 'run defence' for them which I find a betrayal of all that ATS is supposed to stand for and why would they then admit this to the site and people you had offered to deceive. (no reply required)

FL if i recollect correctly said they were trying to destroy the language so they could get to it's basics so they could understand much like physicists have destroyed the atom to gain deeper insights into how they are built and work. They were then blending 2 languages (usually ancient/dead) to come up with a new language via their software (nodes or something) maintaining various parts (syntax...). Again i think they said they were not interested in the origin of any of these but were looking forward in time to when perhaps there may be a unifying language that everybody uses. This so that everybody understood a word to mean the same thing and not the subtle differences in use that are evident if you travel around any country listening to how people use their own languages. This then led into the hive mind discussion via instant communication from the thought rather than the word which in turn gave rise to the loss of individuality through the group mind.

Direne then side tracked many with her flower question and then even more with her mothership story. (I'm sure they found the reactions here most amusing- i know i did) there was little if any questioning of this just knee jerk reaction. If you actually look at how the question was worded it displayed incongruities - I can't find the actual post now (to many pages to look through) but it was something like if the forces lost a 'ship' they would then send another to further recon - as somebody pointed out we probably would NOT do that but use a satellite or drone to check the threat level before risking more expensive planes/pilots. As for her timeline this was checked and discussed kind of pointlessly as we have no idea of how far the mother ship was supposed to be but people seemed reasonably happy with the time frames given. But as noted earlier in the discussion if a civilisation is so far advanced they can conduct interstellar travel then why do we expect them to react in the same fashion that us primitive homosapiens would?

Anyway i've lost the point of what i was trying to say here as i keep getting distracted so to finish off thanks OP and will be looking through a lot of the links you and others have posted.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Sorry past the edit time limit of 4hrs.

Just wanted to add that the link to that russian site e-libra.ru... is the home page - if you actually bother to look at the top of the page it gives you a choice of which language to view in.

And as an aside:

News from LitRes

The most popular books this week:
The Chronicles of gouging
Paul Sanaev
119.90 rubles.

Vanished
Gillian Flynn
119.90 rubles.

Fifty shades of gray
E. James L.
149.90 rubles.

Step to the stars
Roman Zlotnikov
99.90 rubles.

The Great Gatsby
by Francis Fitzgerald
59.90 rubles.

Life on loan
Erich Maria Remarque
59.90 rubles.

Dinner
Herman Koch
139.90 rubles.

Seeing fifty shades there made me smile

edit to add that list is from the above website not completely random (in case anybody was wondering)
edit on 6-8-2013 by johnb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Shame this thread as died down. I don't mean to be spammy or anything. But im new and this thread is the coolest thing ATS has to offer. A bulk of other topics are just copy and pasted from godlike productions to here. That is where im coming from.

This video is the remix of the electrocuting brainmonster who is remote viewing your soul.
forgottenlanguages-full.forgottenlanguages.org...

lol im going to shut up now. But it's cool. Love this stuff. Obviously it's a college project of some sorts. Headed by a professor or something
A self loathing stupid indo European, out!
edit on 8-8-2013 by guardian0111 because: nah

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by guardian0111

What makes it obvious that this is a college project? I am pretty curious to know how you drew this conclusion it is an interesting thought, certainly one I didn't deduce from all things presented though.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   

You're thinking of Hogwarts right...?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Nah it's a mufti-national project. If you look on the forgottenlangue's pages in 2011, you'll notice most members have contributer numbers after their names. This leads me to believe that. One link i found that could be way off base is this.

So it's probably not supporting solely by this guy. But something tells me he plays 1/14 of the contribution of the site. Which to me, is substantial. Smart gals/guys for sure! I mean zero disrespect to anyone of that site. It's impressive! Not like we can decipher the crypto talk anyways. I'm concluding it's a college project! Probably going to read about these guys in books someday. Keep up the great work and lemme know when something is published!

Maybe the gods will return. Until then they remind me of ATS or GLP's on steroids. Seems like they are just gathering other scholarly reports on subjects. What's up with the defense section though? Defense for whom? Now that my friends, is a conspiracy.

edit on 9-8-2013 by guardian0111 because: had to add a twist

edit on 9-8-2013 by guardian0111 because: d

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I still dont understand what you mean, I really don't.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Oh sorry, i forgot to put out what gave me my conclusion..

just google alexandre direne and the first link you get. Click to translate.

This gives me all the answers i need. This person is most likely a contributor. Maybe he is the head honcho of the project. Maybe he is not. But this is what im drawing from it. No need to look further. If those guys would have just explained this is a research group.. I dunno, this dog and pony show may have ended awhile back. But it's most likely exciting to have them gauging our reaction.
edit on 10-8-2013 by guardian0111 because:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Great thread, interesting topic. I'm only able to vet it here and there at the moment because of RL and other research interests. However, I have come to the personally surprising conclusion that there are some thugs involved in the "language"...and some of 'em are still here with us. Punks, I say, and further:

edit on 10-8-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnb
FL if i recollect correctly said they were trying to destroy the language so they could get to it's basics so they could understand much like physicists have destroyed the atom to gain deeper insights into how they are built and work.

Great post, johnb. But the thought above would only make them self-important plagiarists. Deconstructionism has been around for awhile now. Not that this group is important enough to warrant much second thought. But they are spiritually careless and egotistical enough to warrant a good look-see.

Eff'em, I say. Please, those who might disagree, pm me.

edit on 10-8-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

I think you are probably right in that Alexandre Ibrahim Direne is a recruit of the Forgotten languages project, but it is certainly no college project, here are academic papers he has authored or co-authored.

Papers

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Come on come on come on FL, i like it like it...

The invasion of the Bee girls is a classic movie

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

The use of bee like references is FAR too Mulder and Scully, isn't it?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Chapel language concepts
Domain Maps
Data Parallelism
Task Parallelism
Base Language
Locality Control

Target Machine

chapel.cray.com...]http://chapel.cray.com/presentations/Chapel-LULESH-SIAM-CSE-2013.pdf[/url]D arpa and Nodespace
edit on 12-8-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
My point: Nodespace is a program developed with subcontractors through a DARPA project. Make of it what you will.
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Nice! Nodespace with the word Darpa shows lots of researchers being backed by Darpa! No wonder those guys shut up with a quickness when people started digging on this.

Reminds me of metal gear solid one where the whole story goes back into insane darpa programs being conducted right under peoples noses.

This thread was a win for getting to this conclusion!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Actually, I said this about twelve pages or so ago, and was scoffed at by a few....shrug. Took me a while to actually nail down that this is where the program came from, and they were likely subcontracted by DARPA to do "research."
Tetra

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Sad to see the thread almost totally dead now. Been a little busy myself. I have the entire site archived and saved up (in case it disappears) if anyone has any interest at any point for it.

Very weird update on their site today:

Technosignatures: Assesing long-term impact of Class-IV encounters

The fear to really contemplate the terrestrial consequences of a confrontation with extraterrestrials

Contact between a Type-I civilization and a Type-II civilization can only be made in the Type-II's home stellar system. Otherwise, the encounter will likely imply the total collapse of Type-I civilization.

Contact with Earth's civilization is bound to be asymmetrical. Wanted or not, this will be psychologically devastating for them

For them?

Radical fear is based on several anthropocentric pre-assumptions, the key one being this: they are strangers, hence, they are dangerous

Still looking through recent updates since I haven't been on for a bit.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HackedAlias

the thread is dead because they are not vampires and the sensationalism is over, communication is their bread and butter along with other focused scientific fields including xenolinguistics and sure aliens, kind of different then ATS as they have focused minds over wild speculation. Maybe you should read the dissertation from M. Magnus and come back and ask for more reading material in the language you know versus speculation over the hundred or so you and I can't hmm hmmmmmmmmmm I know I will get flamed for this but I am pretty sure I know what I am saying here. There is more to it then aliens

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join