It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JosephPalasky

I was just thinking that buddy, I must of been

Very interesting.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JosephPalasky

"Has anyone emailed them?"
Yes.

Doubtful that they will return, I'd say.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Explored my new word on google a bit more and am delighted to discover a thing called the Kernal Mag. What it is.

Am sure you guys would enjoy it after you've read what type of mag it is. However it will be back online august 22nd.

It's amazing what made up words do lol. Enough of that anyway. Just had to share that with you

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I happen to have a list of folks...

That's good, Jay, there is nothing like a good old-fashioned ATS sock-hunt. Kinda like a witch-hunt, only with sox.

As far as as the 'handles' that the FL members have chosen for themselves, I have had a couple of ideas about that that I have been wanting to share.

What would you have if you took two sirens and jammed them together? Would you have a Diren? A siren that sings with two voices? I know, the inclination would be that we have to start with a 'monren' and move up to a 'biren', but I would not be surprised if Direne had two heads. Probably a stretch on my part, but it was nagging at me.

Now my favorite: Andryl.

Did anyone bother to go and look at the meaning of the prefix andro?

The 'yl' suffix comes from organic chemistry and refers to what is called a radical. Yes, just like a 'free' radical'. A radical has an open electron shell and is highly reactive. The funny part to me is that in a free-radical, the 'open' electron bonds are considered to be "dangling". Are you getting it yet?

Did you see the movie The Crying Game?

edit on 20-7-2013 by Bybyots because: .

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

I was just playing around, man.
I wouldn't pinpoint anyone. That's against the rules.

Blathering on much about nothing.
I mean, if nobody is talking, our little screen play ends.
So, while I stayed up til sunrise this morning reading stuff, I was taken back a little that one of our guests self-identify and the others don't.

It is strange, no?

ETA: that is interesting about the names, but I feel like there is an element of numerology with words going on sometimes. One thing is certain about this thread. I have definitely learned more about the power of words.
edit on 20-7-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

speculation is a dangerous game friend while I will steal a quote from member "the gut" avatar "suspicion is often the father of truth" let me know when you finish reading the info I posted I have new info as well when I am finished with it I will post out here as well

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Since we are at their names.

My favourite tool, the word scrambler was used with the 6 letter word "Direne" and from the 6 letter word Denier was produced.

How possibly incriminating is that

EDIT: I might as well include the other 6 letter words for fun; Reined (definition: Control and direct with or as if by reins) and Nereid (definition: In Greek mythology it is any of the 50 sea nymphs who were daughters of the sea god Nereus)

edit on 20-7-2013 by jonnyc55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by HackedAlias

There is no place called ananake in Madrid as far as I know, I live in Madrid, and I can't find that at all .

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Ayndryl, Direne & Karadne...

Clouds

Interrogate vain.
Your eyes look at the sky.
Looking behind the clouds,
footprints that took the wind.

Looking for warm hands,
the faces of those who were,
the circle where err
playing their instruments.

Clouds were rhythm, singing
no end and no beginning,
pale foam bells
turning his secret,

marble palms, creatures
turning to the rhythm of time,
life imitating
its perpetual motion.

interrogate vain
from your eyelids blind.
What are you looking at the clouds,
José Hierro?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Clouds

Interrogate vain.

Looking for warm hands,
the circle where err

no end and no beginning,
pale foam bells
turning his secret,

marble palms, creatures
life imitating
its perpetual motion.

interrogate vain
from your eyelids blind.
José Hierro?

That should have been translated to Spanish first, then into English. Great work.
edit on 20-7-2013 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonjonj

There is no place called ananake in Madrid as far as I know, I live in Madrid, and I can't find that at all .

Yeah, I'm not too sure. That was just the location associated to the Myspace it looks like:

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Oh yeah these guys are most certainly analyzed us with a fine tooth comb and microscope over there.

Check this out www.sans.org...
> One thing FL was reading or translating was something on this language. A book or magazine i believe.<

Ethnopoetics is a method of recording text versions of oral poetry or narrative performances (i.e., verbal lore) that uses poetic lines, verses, and stanzas (instead of prose paragraphs) to capture the formal, poetic performance elements which would otherwise be lost in the written texts.The goal of any ethnopoetic text is to show how the techniques of unique oral performers enhance the aesthetic value of their performances within their specific cultural contexts. Major contributors to ethnopoetic theory include Jerome Rothenberg, Dennis Tedlock, and Dell Hymes. Ethnopoetics is considered a subfield of ethnology, anthropology, folkloristics, stylistics, linguistics, and literature and translation studies.

>The languages of angels or "anglen". is a another topic of interest from them.<

Google images for cassini diskus. You guys run the search results for cassini, FL!

Well that's all i was able to find about FL's interests. Oh and these guys analyze and use sites like ATS to make examples out of. To critique and play little games with based on there reasearch. I seen them linked to examples of discussion on a topic and they link to sites where they think it can relate to something. Like the disinformation book they are so interested in. Cool. Must be nice to work 24/7 on such fascinating stuff. To bad you guys are just so above and beyond us here...?

I think the first couple paragraphs here is what ayndryl was trying to say... Read the first page or so and you might get a glimpse of what these guys/gals are trying to do.
www.academia.edu...

edit on 21-7-2013 by sadybull because: ....

edit on 21-7-2013 by sadybull because: edit

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Just say the word out loud: Ananake. Then say this word out loud: Anunnaki. Do they sound like the same word?

Anunnaki
The Annunaki are mentioned in The Epic of Gilgamesh when Utnapishtim tells the story of the flood. The seven judges of hell are called the Annunaki, and they set the land aflame as the storm is approaching.[6]

Yeah, I'm not too sure. That was just the location associated to the Myspace it looks like:

Gender, Age, nationality, city, country.

edit on 21-7-2013 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sadybull

Yes, disinformation has been a heavy theme throughout this thread.
And I am quite certain we have given them a lot to analyze.

The work FL does seems to go far, far beyond linguistics.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonjonj

Originally posted by abeverage

Clouds

Interrogate vain.

Looking for warm hands,
the circle where err

no end and no beginning,
pale foam bells
turning his secret,

marble palms, creatures
life imitating
its perpetual motion.

interrogate vain
from your eyelids blind.
José Hierro?

That should have been translated to Spanish first, then into English. Great work.
edit on 20-7-2013 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

Actually it was but I only posted the english I had put the original the spanish and the english and thought it was too much and my spanish was rusty...

Las nubes

Inútilmente interrogas.
Tus ojos miran al cielo.
Buscas detrás de las nubes,
huellas que se llevó el viento.

Buscas las manos calientes,
los rostros de los que fueron,
el círculo donde yerran
tocando sus instrumentos.

Nubes que eran ritmo, canto
sin final y sin comienzo,
campanas de espumas pálidas
volteando su secreto,

palmas de mármol, criaturas
girando al compás del tiempo,
imitándole la vida
su perpetuo movimiento.

Inútilmente interrogas
desde tus párpados ciegos.
¿Qué haces mirando a las nubes,
José Hierro?

And this is why I need a nice long break from ATS. But before I go I want to also leave this...

1. Before these things Enoch was hidden, and no one of the children of men knew where he was hidden, and where he abode, and what had become of him. 2. And his activities had to do with the Watchers, and his days were with the holy ones...

edit on 21-7-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Just a correction...

Interrogate vain = Uselessly interrogate, interrogate in vain.

foot prints that took the wind = foot prints taken by the wind...erased by the wind.

other than that your translation is pretty good.

edit on 21-7-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Hi guys, these people sure do like watching, reminds me of this video, which was about bad geometry.

forgottenlanguages-full.forgottenlanguages.org...

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Doesn't the eye of providence resemble maintaining yourself in present time whilst keeping foresight?

I can't remember where I got this from, but the eye of providence symbolizes observing the future from the present and vice versa at the same time. Bit like quantum physics in its contradictions. Yet our brains can do this when we have no concern other than what we have in front of us.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
this thread is cooling down. do we know more than before ? feels like the puzzle pieces just shifted around but they still don´t match. it´s like a tricky knot that got even more tight.

even after reading a lot here and over there i´m still confused what Forgotten Languages is all about. from time to time i think- "why should i even care about it", but then there are those videos and the cryptic comments in this thread that lure me back. it is fascinating and i think this effect is wanted.

the people at forgotten languages want others to get caught reading English passages between their cryptic text passages.they want people to watch gruesome images while searching for clues... but why ? maybe the more you read on their website the more of the cryptic text and the strange images burn into your subconsciousness? just to trigger the curiosity even more.curiosity with a sense of dread i might add. it is like being caught in some creepy labyrinth unable to find the way out on the other side.guess you can always go back and just forget about it...

maybe others have more success in understanding this mystery than me. i sure hope so ! keep digging !

is there any proof that their fabricated languages actually work ? sorry if this is a dumb question.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by glowdog

Fabricated languages working? Yes, easily obvious to know why. Add a made up word to an action or feeling, tell someone what that made up word expresses and that's it. You have a language that people can learn and use.

Try pronouncing a word for your state of being right now, anyone can do it because all words are made up.

I'll describe how I am now with my made up word...Ungie. There you go lol.

Made up words are good because am not in a solid state such as happy, sad, groggy, tired, I am feeling Ungie. Get me?

edit on 21-7-2013 by jonnyc55 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join