It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

I would take any photos with the copyright of fl on them as probable inventions shells. Just an opinion.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots
Folks,

I don't know if this helps or not, but XViS's videos are highly derivative. It really just depends on what's on your 'radar', I think. It's that frame of reference thing. If you don't share much in common with the artist, their work can be very alienating; sometimes that's good and sometimes it doesn't work out for either party.

This is Cremaster from Matthew Barney, you'll be glad I only posted the trailer...

Of course, I am not offering this video as singular 'evidence' of what XViS has derived his work from, I am just trying to demonstrate that there is a whole underlying aesthetic from which the people at FL draw inspiration.

As far as the music? John Butler seemed to be ahead of the game back in 2010...

I personally am not disturbed by the videos in the slightest. I'm just confused as to why I caught flack from Direne over the spawning fish when XViS's videos contain what they do.

edit on 18-7-2013 by Bybyots because: .

But, and I am asking not saying, is not the presentation of such work on the part of FL BOUND to cause such controversy? I mean, apparently we have a group of awesome linguists, copying AND re encoding all the world's great philosophical, astronomical, mythological and whateverelseical works into many invented languages, and they also put up these videos?
The word incongruous doesn't even get there in my opinion, it's so far off the scale of expected that it rebounds and smacks me in the face lol

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

I just think it's the sort of question they have on their entrance examination papers, without any hard evidence that such a crash had occured they would never have got this by us, and dealing in patterns and probabilities i can tell you the chance of seeing such would have been zero...pure hypothetical mischief.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by topdog81

True story:

My dad had a refrigerator that he was gonna just give away. Good fridge. He put it out by the road for anyone to take.

Three days later it still sat there.
So he put a sign on it: "For Sale Make Offer".

It was stolen that night.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
No use or study of Enochian? I'm disappointed. But there are references to other "angelic languages" on their website. Maybe I missed it.

It's been an interesting play. The power and majesty of words and symbols never fail to awe me. And this cruel theatre of the absurd was getting boring. Thanks for the entertainment. I hope you're all having a good time.

Is it the vampire angle or a search for meaning that draws so many to this thread? Or just curiosity? Don't be afraid. Nature loves courage. And jumping into the abyss is its own reward.

Perhaps the thread was orchestrated from the beginning because evoking the vampire mythos is a bit of sleight of hand? Bait and switch. Although the vampire myth is worn out at this point and pretty worthless as an archetype.

I figured it was a group of linguists with a bent for the hidden sciences that were disguising personal research behind steganography. But who am I to tell?

What interests me is the meaning we make from what is available. You don't need them to reply to talk about language. Why give them that kind of authority over you? Especially if they are rather unethically playing with your mind? The discussion on this thread reveals more about how you think then what they are doing. Speaking of words, privacy is a concept we won't have a word for in the future. Hopefully the Post Human will have a better understanding of and sympathy for the hell of other people.

The language of a people can be shaped by so many things. Geography, trade, chemicals, climate, etc. There are words and concepts in one language that do not exist in others. Wouldn't it be interesting to make a program where all known languages are recorded and studied? Would that give you a more accurate view of our Universal Mind moving through space and time? Would watching the rise and fall of concepts in different languages allow you to predict the near future? (History is about the clash and contagion of words and symbols.) Would it give you special insights into us?

Who decides what the global language becomes as we are all connected? Who decides what meaning is preserved and what is destroyed? Isn't religion just the contagion of meaning?

Be pleasant to each other.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
And welcome, new/old member

edit on 18-7-2013 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Delete
edit on 18-7-2013 by topdog81 because: retract

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by topdog81
reply to post by LeConnea

Welcome to our lill brain teaser of a thread. Curious, did you join because of this specific on-going topic?

ETA: Agreed, we are providing a wealth of information to FL's group. What an easy way to amass and study psychological profiles.

Also, something about how you composed and presented your post.... are you affiliated with FL?
edit on 18-7-2013 by topdog81 because: (no reason given)

ETA: OOPS I see you've been a member for several years...but you're just now posting.
edit on 18-7-2013 by topdog81 because: (no reason given)

Another lol

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by topdog81

True story:

My dad had a refrigerator that he was gonna just give away. Good fridge. He put it out by the road for anyone to take.

Three days later it still sat there.
So he put a sign on it: "For Sale Make Offer".

It was stolen that night.

Who's "true" story?
I've lost count of how many incarnations from how many different people this parable on value perception has taken in modern mythology.
I sorely doubt this comes from personal experience.

Why is the story almost always with a refrigerator as opposed to some other appliance?

Are you attempting to infer parables are of symbolic importance? Perhaps we should work in ideograms, logogrammatica, heiroglyphs? This thread is essentially about language and communication, yes?

edit on 18-7-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Ah! Now we're talking... Thank you! :-) Looks like they have a few more titles if I can get to them... I'm not sure what the site will be able to tell me but it is a start... THANK YOU!

peace,
AB

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

It was told to me as true.

Are you saying this is an urban legend?

I was only reinforcing the point topdog made about people wanting something they cannot have. Offer it freely and the same person doesn't want it.

Seriously though, I could see dad telling a BS story as if true.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Fridges are heavy, the rest of the household items are easy to walk off with.
off topic, my apologies

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

It's easy to come on here and try to appear wise after the event, for the record, Taking everything Direne said at face value, they act to me like a group based in political idealism, apparantly multi faith, but the model they have chosen to undermine the current paradigm is that of Primordial chaos patterns beneath the level of the Logocratic, they are in a sense vampires that emerge from such archetypes, and challenge the prevailing order.

That is they adopt the mythological premise but have a secular viewpoint toward it, none superstition based.

The premise then of the opening post was correct as confirmed, but they are not seeing things in terms of actual Demons and Vampres

The realm of Primordial chaos they see as the quantum, the mirrored reality, and that is were they base their research and philosophies
edit on 18-7-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Oh, I lurk. I hate speaking up though because, as I said, it's too revealing. I suppose it says something about the pull of language that I surfaced for this thread. The bait was too tempting.

Am I affiliated with FL? Nope. I'm just a (fiction) writer playing with words.

I am interested in whoever makes the videos for FL though because it shows experience with shamanism or certain mind altering chemicals. Traveling down the geometric tunnels and whatnot. The vids are like mini trips in themselves. I also see references to dualism and fractals. The play of patterns. The presence of "entities" if you want to call them that. I would hazard a guess that someone is interested in the impact of various chemicals on language.

I'm also very interested in the music but that's not my field and there's not much I can contribute there.

I'm also interested in the emotional content and the meaning surfacing throughout the thread. It's haunted by deep waters, the abyss, the search for meaning. Whenever I find Choronzon playing I'm fascinated.

Nice to meet you all.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

I didn't see that as an attempt to be wise. Her first post was funny.

This thread has to be quite humorous to people reading.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt

It's easy to come on here and try to appear wise after the event, for the record, Taking everything Direne said at face value, they act to me like a group based in political idealism, apparantly multi faith, but the model they have chosen to undermine the current paradigm is that of Primordial chaos patterns beneath the level of the Logocratic, they are in a sense vampires that emerge from such archetypes, and challenge the prevailing order.

That is they adopt the mythological premise but have a secular viewpoint toward it, none superstition based.

The premise then of the opening post was correct as confirmed, but they are not seeing things in terms of actual Demons and Vampres

iThe realm of Primordial chaos they see as the quantum, the mirrored reality, and that is were they base their research and philosophies.
edit on 18-7-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

Or perhaps they just use the word vampirism to mean parasitical, I get that vibe too. The very fact they have used this forum as a sounding board seems to point to Vampiric/Parasitic behaviour, in that they seem to have used the contributors for their own ends, fair play then. They didn't come looking for us here, we went looking for them.
edit on 18-7-2013 by Jonjonj because: Another bloody speling mistake

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeConnea
Oh, I lurk. I hate speaking up though because, as I said, it's too revealing. I suppose it says something about the pull of language that I surfaced for this thread. The bait was too tempting.

Am I affiliated with FL? Nope. I'm just a (fiction) writer playing with words.

I am interested in whoever makes the videos for FL though because it shows experience with shamanism or certain mind altering chemicals. Traveling down the geometric tunnels and whatnot. The vids are like mini trips in themselves. I also see references to dualism and fractals. The play of patterns. The presence of "entities" if you want to call them that. I would hazard a guess that someone is interested in the impact of various chemicals on language.

I'm also very interested in the music but that's not my field and there's not much I can contribute there.

I'm also interested in the emotional content and the meaning surfacing throughout the thread. It's haunted by deep waters, the abyss, the search for meaning. Whenever I find Choronzon playing I'm fascinated.

Nice to meet you all.

The pleasure is surely mine

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Now I see... The photo you posted is the title of the thread. The theme of the blog post (written by Ayndryl) is "fragmentation" in the context of language processing in individuals with autism. The other titles referenced (amidst information I cannot translate mixed with English) are interesting. (I am not promoting any of these titles, merely sharing them in case someone is interested...) Both are expensive texts.

They are:

Communication Issues in Autism Amazon Link

Memory in Autism: Theory and Evidence Amazon Link Cambridge Press

There is also an extensive bibliography of heavy-hitting academic level titles. When I can afford it I might try the "Communication Issues In Autism" book, and there are other titles by that same individual. The second book can be rented, but I'm not sure I want to go that route.

Thanks again for the link, shells!

peace,
AB

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The videos and artwork on that site make absolutely no sense in relation to what has been professed by so called "in contact" people. I am rather of the opinion that "Hidden in plain sight" is really where this thing is going. The more I see, the more evil and bad it looks.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveBoard

Now I see... The photo you posted is the title of the thread. The theme of the blog post (written by Ayndryl) is "fragmentation" in the context of language processing in individuals with autism. The other titles referenced (amidst information I cannot translate mixed with English) are interesting. (I am not promoting any of these titles, merely sharing them in case someone is interested...) Both are expensive texts.

They are:

Communication Issues in Autism Amazon Link

Memory in Autism: Theory and Evidence Amazon Link Cambridge Press

There is also an extensive bibliography of heavy-hitting academic level titles. When I can afford it I might try the "Communication Issues In Autism" book, and there are other titles by that same individual. The second book can be rented, but I'm not sure I want to go that route.

Thanks again for the link, shells!

peace,
AB

Try the forgotten books site...
ETA- Has my internet gone funky, or did they close the book site?

edit on 18-7-2013 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join