It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by NavyDoc

Have you looked closely at what they have on there?
These people are gifted.
This is high level academic stuff. Very high level. On all sorts of topics. Physics, psychology, linguistics, religion, you name it.
It isn't as simple as pretentious Goths.

Pretentious goths with degrees.

Yes, I have looked, but I fail to see "very high level." A lot of bright people to be sure and a lot of interesting topics, but not "amazing."

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Once again on your second link, more Masonic symbolism. Don't know really what that means, but I keep stumbling all over it on the site.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Yes they are interested in how Masons had secret practise and operated in plain sight.

They were forbidden to teach it to any one not a mason, even to a member of their own family. No stone-mason would work on any job except with members of the order. This language identified them.

some assert that the masons in England, Scotland, and parts of the Continent understood some of this secret language. It is a fact that some stone-masons in Germany thirty years ago had a secret trade-talk, and in Belgium a tinker class have a jargon which some have supposed may be Shelta.

the men here who speak this mason's talk best are old men. A few of middle age know some of it. But all are stone-masons who learned their trade in Ireland. Irish stone-masons who learned the craft in America never speak it, and many never heard there is such a talk.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Only a small given number of contributors, some dealing with many archaic languages across a very broad spectrum, and writing their articles in languages that google hasn't even heard of. With such a group also using what is stated as a vampiric dialect, Affel, as their 'Lingua Franca', if that isn't amazing i don't know what is lol

edit on 12-7-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

The decoder ring comment was sarcastic. Do you have any affiliation with the site?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
reply to post by NavyDoc

Only a small given number of contributors, some dealing with many archaic languages across a very broad spectrum, and writing their articles in languages that google hasn't even heard of. With such a group also using what is stated as a vampiric dialect, Affel, as their 'Lingua Franca', if that isn't amazing i don't know what is lol

edit on 12-7-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

Or, more logically, Google hasn't heard of their ancient language because it does not exist. Some bright people make up a language to use amongst themselves and/or impress the naïve and call it their "vampire" language is interesting and a sign of a bright mind, but not proof that either "vampyrs" nor this "ancient language" exist. They claim both because they get a kick out of it and, for all we know, it translates to gibberish because it actually is gibberish and they are having a little joke. "Trolling" as it were.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Trolls don't usually dissect the work of Noam Chomsky and take it a step further.
Nor do they take the time to use their made up language (Cassini diskus) and use it to express complicated physics problems.

These people are not trolls.
Maybe I will get a response to my email.

ETA: I was also quite impressed with their music videos. The music is good and the videos are well made.

These "trolls" deserve an award.

edit on 12-7-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

Trolls don't usually dissect the work of Noam Chomsky and take it a step further.
Nor do they take the time to use their made up language (Cassini diskus) and use it to express complicated physics problems.

These people are not trolls.
Maybe I will get a response to my email.

ETA: I was also quite impressed with their music videos. The music is good and the videos are well made.

These "trolls" deserve an award.

edit on 12-7-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

Even very bright people are not above pulling a hoax or two...especially those who describe themselves as "vampyrs" and claim ancient secret knowledge. LOL. Very bright people can often be deluded as well.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity." Oscar Levant.

ETA: so all it takes is a couple of differential equations to impress you?

alpha(z) M_+(z) + beta(z) M_-(z) = c(z),

Meho tyre, imtalicka seju nattry. Behows tla gratobosimouthwick.

(Sorry, the equation is explained in my secret ancient vampire language. )

edit on 12-7-2013 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Also note that "forgotten books" site which is clearly related to this site.
These "trolls" have tremendous resources available to them.
There really are a whole crap load of obscure books on that site.

Just looking through their books on "magic" is exhaustive.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

You forgot that these people also claim to work for the government.

The whole thing is crazy, man, and in my opinion worthy of investigation.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I agree. I was going to dig in, but wow, where does a person start. I can't possibly imagine a person taking the time to do all of this because they are simply bored.....and for what good? I mean they can't pull off a prank, because nobody even knows what they are hiding. And it seems to me, that they have been working on this (site) for at least four years. Copyright 2008-2013 is plastered on everything. Pictures are copyrighted, everything has the FL on it.

I'm not saying vampires......but...vampyrs! ( btw, that is a joke again for those unable to tell )

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Well, I will say this, I was intending to email them last night, but I had second thoughts because I had had a couple of beers.
I decided to wait til today to send an email when my head was clear.

So yeah, it is sorta spooky.
These people don't seem like the types to take lightly. And they seem to be quite active doing whatever it is they are doing. There are THOUSANDS of articles and whatnot on there. The last post to the site was two days ago.

I am sure they don't get much web traffic, so that seems an INSANE amount of work for a hoax that is failing.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Well, I will say this, I was intending to email them last night, but I had second thoughts because I had had a couple of beers.
I decided to wait til today to send an email when my head was clear.

So yeah, it is sorta spooky.
These people don't seem like the types to take lightly. And they seem to be quite active doing whatever it is they are doing. There are THOUSANDS of articles and whatnot on there. The last post to the site was two days ago.

I am sure they don't get much web traffic, so that seems an INSANE amount of work for a hoax that is failing.

Well, it does not take much effort to post a bunch of gobblygook in an "unkown" language and then cut and paste a few differential equations next to them, so the work could be less than anticipated.

The bibliographies after some of the articles are interesting and are true academic works.

One should raise the skeptic flag whenever another claims to have lost secret knowledge, much less that of the "vampyr" . Just the spelling alone is a clue of the pretentious mindset.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Well of course the skeptic flag is up. That's why I sent an email.
Looking for more info.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

Well of course the skeptic flag is up. That's why I sent an email.
Looking for more info.

Cool. I'd be interested to see what you find out. Good job!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

I will update the thread barring death threats or anything of that nature.

However, I actually do not anticipate a reply.
Given the post above about their thoughts on Mason secret languages, I get the feeling they may be concealing whatever work they may be doing. It makes me curious though why they have a site in the public domain though, if that's the case.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I have no idea what the site is, or could be about, but this kind of thing fascinates me.

lh4.ggpht.com...
(highlighted: img577.imageshack.us...)

I was staring at this picture for quite a while, I thought it was amazing. Then I realised... there's a man riding a bike?!
Can anyone else see him? He's perfectly standing out!

(also, does anyone else have links to more websites like these? Interesting just to look around, even if you don't understand them? thanks
)
edit on 12/7/13 by AKindChap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

They write in languages that are extinct from around the world or otherwise completely unknown

Reminds me of things we did in my high school days, go to the library and look up extinct and foreign languages to write notes to each other.

edit on 12-7-2013 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Im being completely serious here:

I call these people "Emo-Hipster-Nerds". These are just your typical Emo's who are completely Hipster going as far as to pretend they're blood suckers. Plus, these now Emo-Hipsters are modern day and have found they're inner Nerd which propels them to create fictional langues like your average Trekkie. Thus you have the Emo-Hipster-Nerd also known as a Vampire.

For the record, Im probably just a Nerd, maybe a bit Hipster from time to time.
edit on 12-7-2013 by MrSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
that website sure is the most obscure thing i ever visited. its downright creepy but also insanely interesting- made me log into ats after a long time, hoping that this excellent thread will shed some light on this. i´m not sure if i have the courage to dig deeper into this myself... looks like a deep,deep rabbit-hole, only that the rabbits promise to be not so fluffy...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join