It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Nice thread. I'm certainly interested in continuing RPG campaigns, this may help, if not just for horror stories in general.
edit on 11-7-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
ANYTHING WORTH SHARING IS LIKELY TO BE FOUND IN BOLD PRINT.

People can stick their decoder rings where the sun don’t shine. No secret worth keeping is ever kept.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
OK then, I am gonna email these folks tomorrow.
But I am not sure these guys are "vampires" at all.
They seem to be a group of masterful linguists/psychologists.
General academics. The entire site appears to be an academic endeavor of sorts.

I will update.

ETA: I found an article written entirely in English. A good deal of it as above my feeble vocabulary
, but it seems they are trying to build a phonetic type of language, but visually. Where a single symbol can be strung together on spatially relevant terms over and over to create phrases, sentences, etc.

I think this is all an exercise between a group of high-intellect linguists. A collaborative effort.
edit on 11-7-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Anybody can make up a language, I would not take it to serious. Its all gibberish, however you would have to be prone in understanding gibberish to understand it. Anyways, ever wonder why we write left to right? Or why in certain other cultures they write right to left such as in Arab or Muslim cultures? In fact everything about our western languages in fact all languages is just so prim, cut, and dry.

What if you wrote in circles or in pictures? Or what if it was up to down, or down to up, or in any direction you so choose. The way you write is prone to be the way you think, in something like the English language its pretty much constrictive not that much different then a wind up bot like doll, at the very least its predictable sometimes mistaken for dependable. You have your beginning you have your middle and you have your end. And there in lies the tale. But what if the tale lied elsewhere but in the binging middle or even the end.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

We write left to write cuz most folks are right handed. They don't get crap all over their hand that way.
I am not so lucky.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

I found a video on the site called Leaves Sons of Sem.
Check it out under that title on YouTube.
You will find your own avatar...
edit on 12-7-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
This site is plugging entire books on subjects like how some linguist realized that verbs such as cause, effect, and commit are used primarily in a negative way. Such as, "the cause of her disease", "the effect was disastrous", etc.

And entire books on how to lie effectively.

I am beginning to sense a conflict of interest here, OP.
Are you plugging a site you are involved with??

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

We write left to write cuz most folks are right handed. They don't get crap all over their hand that way.
I am not so lucky.

So your saying left handed people get crap all over there hand. I mean sure, why not, we write left to right because most folks are right handed. But why do you also think left to right?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

That isn't my avatat, sort of similar though, but certainly i'm not linked to that group in any way, i did link to the member videos in the OP, i didn't direct link to any though as they're disturbing, though this one's not so bad;

Certainly they appear to be very gifted linguists, but the vampire theme is definatly present as amongst themselves they write in Affel which is Romanian vampire dialect according to them, the names they take are vampiric name types as indicated form an Affel notebook.

There's no indication i'm aware of that any of its gibberish, that's just what Google translate makes of it as they do not write in current language forms.

reply to post by AfterInfinity

If you look at individual member contributions you'll see they are highly productive and organised but not really showy in any way, these are seperate from the main articles and quite extensive, for example

Dwyrne index

It doesn't appear in any way to be just for show or to create a facade, those articles are written in an earlier from of Welsh it seems.
edit on 12-7-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Thank you for taking the time to put all of this together. I do not participate in this site any longer other than to read but this thread deserved a login. I am absolutely transfixed and intrigued by the videos and music I found at the site and even more so at the way the site is put together. So casual like its a normal thing yet doesn't strike me as being for the sake of art. My mind races with speculation as to what it means, if it means anything at all. Given the possibility of really being true physical vampires I think I'm curious enough to want to make contact despite what ever potential risks might be involved.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Pretentious goths with lots of money. Case closed.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Who also by their activities appear to be the worlds greatest linguists....

This is a given basis for the Cssini Diskus language they refined, it's supposedly carved on basalt, by i don't know from when or where, there does always seem to be a basis for their interests.

reply to post by StratosFear

You're welcome, it wasn't easy knowing how to approach presenting this as due to the nature of the unknown language content it's difficult to say anything for certain

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   

If I were pretentious, rich, gothic, and thought I was a vampire, and didn't have a day job because I was too busy being wealthy and weird, I'd probably invent a secret language with other people of my ilk too, and convince myself that I was set apart from others.

People do it all the time. Bright, perfectly sane people even do it. I shudder to think what individuals who actually believe themselves to be the immortal spawn of Cain are capable of with enough time and money. Apparently this is it.

Personally I think it would have been cooler if they'd just channeled all that money and time into a few nerds and a V:TM mmo.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Nice Thread! Posting so I can come back later. S&F mate!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
Pretentious goths with lots of money. Case closed.

This is the most logical answer.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Have you looked closely at what they have on there?
These people are gifted.
This is high level academic stuff. Very high level. On all sorts of topics. Physics, psychology, linguistics, religion, you name it.
It isn't as simple as pretentious Goths.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Just thought I would ask.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I did find some books or papers on the site that dealt with reviving dead languages...
But most of the description was written in a weird language itself.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

For at least four years you would carry on learning languages that only can be spoken amongst a dozen other people? If you were a rich kid, you would be sitting down at a computer hashing out dissertations in languages that only involve dots and squares? You wouldn't be oh, I don't know, bored after a year or two doing this? Not buying it DeadSeraph, not at all.

I am not saying it isn't something easily described away, such as several professors getting together to try and compare knowledge. (Though why vampiric I wouldn't know.) But I do feel like it is a little deeper than a bored young kid, learning, typing in, and translating, 6000 long lost languages.

If your not interested in getting to the bottom of it, that's fine.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

That's true, consider these;

The Overall Statistical Structure of Language.

Advanced Methods in Glottochronolgy

Their investigations into language are at the highest level of current research , it isn't about watching Buffy and pulling Emo expressions lol

The greater question for me is what is behind the popularization and promotion of vampires in popular culture, does this group suggest a highly competent force behind this rather than being merely symptomatic of it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join