It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 193
<< 190  191  192    194  195  196 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82
You know there was once a peoples who thought that writing there story in big ol blocks in the forms of buildings, and in fact there whole building process was a communication method. But anyways, they thought that if they wrote it clear as day, and in a way that anybody could see it from miles away, and an obvious straight in your face method, which would last the test of time, and in a so obvious method and manner, that is hard to ignore even if your a blind man, or deaf, dumb and stupid.

Well they thought they would be understood or even that it would be a form of communication or even that there story would be told.

They were offcourse wrong, there dead gone and dust now. And how many of you all and of all this will be understood or even be here in 10 to 50 thousand years? Much less what some people wrote on a website? You know all of this is going in the big old recycle garbage bin in some many years from now as just more junk data right?

I would say that these Forgotten Language people are more then safe in there endeavor to not be understood and having nobody drop in on there conversations about things they saw on youtube or on other sites. They have the perfect inscription method so that way nobody will ever bother them. Even there site tittle says it all... Forgotten Languages.

Now what were we talking about? Something about what is the difference between languages and communication? Who knows maybe those two things are not related at all, but by happenstance.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Direne

Halo Direne
chan eil dùthaich na h-Alba mòr, ge-tà dè an dìth meud a tha i a ’dèanamh suas ann an spiorad.
Tha mi a ’fuireach ann am baile glasgow ri taobh abhainn clyde.

Tha mi fhathast ag ionnsachadh gaelic

Im still getting the hang of the Verb Subject Object of the grammar
and learning how to say things.
But I am enjoying it thoroughly

edit on 14-10-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Whats all that mean?

Sounds like gaelic, even has gaelic in there. You guy talking about hamsters?

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

it says

Hello Direne

Scotland is not a big country , however the lack of size it makes up for in Spirit,
I live in Glasgow by the river clyde

I am still learning Gaelic

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Oh dammit. Was hoping you guys were talking about your pet hamsters.

Wrong thread.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
You know there was once a peoples who thought that writing there story in big ol blocks in the forms of buildings, and in fact there whole building process was a communication method. But anyways, they thought that if they wrote it clear as day, and in a way that anybody could see it from miles away, and an obvious straight in your face method, which would last the test of time, and in a so obvious method and manner, that is hard to ignore even if your a blind man, or deaf, dumb and stupid.

Well they thought they would be understood or even that it would be a form of communication or even that there story would be told.

All of the ancient civilisations we have discovered we have deciphered their writing and understood their languages
So Im not sure what you mean, their story has been told
The temples and stones , the sumerian clay tablets all of it

Language and communication are deeply entrenched and you cant have one without the other

language was the eventual result of communication

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
True. To some extent.

Well then if that is true. Then there is nothing left to say now is it?

I dont think this is so cut and dry like the chicken and the egg conundrum. On that both the chicken and the egg evolved side by side so nothing came first, its just a more complex version of the amoeba splitting. But what came first, language? Or communication?

Probably cant have one without the other right? Communication is something everybody and everything does, language was created for the most part, to deceive the glamour of interpretation.

And the game of life does go on now does it not?

And forget about what I said above. They were just another extinct peoples, there are plenty of those about.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   

I think Communication comes in many forms

but language cant really exist without a strong basis of repeated communication or I mean there needs to be a reason in which to communicate
and that reason is survival / evolution ?
The passing of genetic information is a communication , DNA could be considered a language
life itself seems to be communication
or a constant telling and re-telling of what life actually is , life and death sorry

maybe the matter we see before us is a language we have yet to comprehend

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Ya its all language or communications. From DNA to the that dry langue of Math, to you name it. But for the most part unless its telepathy then seems to be waste of time. Also, could be that language can be used for other stuff besides deception.

But that seems its primary usage now a days, and for a long time past. So there you go, round and round they go.

Also, maybe even typing things and everything is waste. May as well communicate in emoticon right.

And let the interpretations fall were they may.

I would say that maybe in daily life, and especially on these media sites. Nothing more need be said that can not be said in emoticon. Should also do it in daily life. You know everybody carry's a bunch of cards with them, or maybe on there phone.

Then if somebody asks them a question, just show them a picture of the appropriate emoticon.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 03:26 AM
link   

I think this is what terence mckenna is always talking about , one time in the future humanity may eventually communicate visually rather than verbally and give credence to the figure of speech

"do you see what I mean "

because we each form an idea or thought in our heads and it can appear visually and then we try to communicate that to each other as best we can in a verbal manner using our vocabulary.

However we wouldnt lose anything in translation at all if it was purely visual communication
like if we were able to project our thoughts like a hologram to each other.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Ya sounds like something a pot head or a mushroom head would come up with.

Thats how fungi communicate, well also some of the gray, even some birds from alpha draconis, and also the blue people of alpha beta gamma whatjumacallit do it that way as well. And how much of it is part and parcel here on earth as well between humans? In fact its pretty common that were there are words, it invokes imagery.

But how far is communication and language, from imagery?

Not that far indeed. Especially for anything that has evolved to see, and is much predisposed to sight.

Anyways I take what I said back about telepathy. As I was reminded yesterday. It to can be quite a pain in the ass, and very much so deceitful. That was yesterday brah were I thought telepathy was the ultimate and bestest way to communicate.

But now? A whole day latter! I have become much more enlightened on the subject, now I believe it is very so much possible that all language and communication is just misinformation, and filling in the blanks. Grasping at straws is the whole of it in its entirety. And can never be anything much more then that ultimately.

Its like fill .. that blank. See! That's all it is.
edit on 11pmFridaypm182019f5pmFri, 18 Oct 2019 23:18:46 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Iruña-Veleia in the news.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
[...]
edit on 24-2-2020 by boozo because:

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Forgotten Asshoes.

a reply to: boozo

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
So back to pictograms after a few thousand years of written language experimentation then.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

well one thing I noticed was that the FL group no longer post paragraphs in English
their days of giving away small bits of info are over !

Now its back to reading walls of text in dead languages with no clue what they are discussing accept for their own links in english at the bottom.

I wonder if using accessibility law you could force them to convert all of their posts into english as its not accessible but I dont know if this applies to private websites and forums

Oh I was wrong , maybe they just went through a small period of not giving away info .
edit on 3-6-2020 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

From hard to soft defense suppression ; space based capitalism

"The meeting was held on board DENIED oil crude tanker, anchored off the shore of Malta. Corporations sent representatives that were taken on board to meet with SV17q members.

There they were briefed about the current situation and were informed about what SV17q expects from them in the near future. SV17q explained that although the end of the nation-states was on behalf of globalization, globalization was meant as a way to ease world control in order to oppose a coherent and globally coordinated defense against The Activity, and not just as a means for corporations to increase their financial profits.

SV17q made it quite clear that they need a united one-world to face the incoming threat, and that if corporations do not cooperate, that would mean the end of corporations themselves. SV17q was quite explicit: they would put an end to worldwide economy the moment they feel corporations are a problem, and not a solution."

Looks like we are about to get into some #
edit on 3-6-2020 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
So back to pictograms after a few thousand years of written language experimentation then.

Yeah, we'd be like the mimes of old
edit on 4-6-2020 by boozo because:

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   

For someone who doesn't have time to read 193 pages can you sum up this thread please?
I remember the first few pages being cryptography?

Why do you say we are getting into some #?
I thought this was an alt. reality game?
not sure.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

well from my own understanding is that the FL group are a special interest group and they have an interest in communications , language , extraterrestrial life, robotics , AI , transhumanism , futurism philosophy of each of these subjects and mysticism and they discuss things like the advancement of military applications into communications and spy technology.

They use dead languages to communicate so that they can communicate without interference into their studies.

I think this thread originally dealt with them being some sort of blood cult if I remember correctly , hence the title of the thread

if you spend some time looking through the FL site blog posts some parts are in english and give clues to what they are discussing, many of the posts discuss events and interactions with alien probes
lots of really interesting subjects.

Then I think we created so much fuss about on it on ATS that one of the FL group actually came here "Direne" to clea up a few misconceptions ATS members had about the group and their secrecy.

Its totally worth a read on lock down for its science ideas at least , if you want a laugh then goto the flat earth thread

There is another thread on ATS by the same author I think called Cassini Diskus , and I think cassini diskus is a cryptographic language that embeds images into sound or data into sound something like that

I too have had interaction with one of the group via email , and they were very responsive to my questions.

the good thing about FL is it cites alot of studies at the bottom of their posts in the bibliography , either their own or others
so you can at least get links to scientific studies on xvis.org sometimes or a reference to look up a study

edit on 4-6-2020 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Three
edit on 4-6-2020 by boozo because: :down:

new topics

top topics

<< 190  191  192    194  195  196 >>

join