It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Steganography at forgotten languages

Linguistic steganography is the scientic art of avoiding the conception of suspicion in covert communications by concealing data in a linguistic based textual cover. The goal is not to hinder the adversary from decoding the hidden message, but to prevent the arousal of suspicion in covert communications. Fundamentally, when using any steganographic technique if suspicion is raised, the goal of steganography is defeated regardless of whether or not a plaintext is revealed.

The NORMALS ensures that the communicating parties establish a secure covert channel for transmitting the hidden message covertly. In other words, NORMALS naturally camouflages the delivery of a hidden message in such a way as to appear legitimate and innocent.

The conclusion of NORMALS' experiment of word frequency is as follows. Since NLGS is based on a domain-specific subject, then when applying Zipf's law, NORMALS Cover should be similar to a Zipfian slope of its domain-specific subject (the unaltered authenticated data of the same domain that contains no hidden message), and it is not required to fully obey Zipf's law. To emphasize, if the Zipfian slope of the NORMALS' domain-specific subject (the unaltered authenticated data of the same domain that contains no hidden message) is equal to N value, then NORMALS Cover should be either equal or close to that N value.

Wiki Please read the bold text as it is very relevant to the research we are conducting in my opinion.

Steganography From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Not to be confused with stenography. Steganography (Listen) is the art and science of writing hidden messages in such a way that no one, apart from the sender and intended recipient, suspects the existence of the message, a form of security through obscurity. The word steganography is of Greek origin and means "concealed writing" from the Greek words steganos (στεγανός) meaning "covered or protected", and graphei (γραφή) meaning "writing". The first recorded use of the term was in 1499 by Johannes Trithemius in his Steganographia, a treatise on cryptography and steganography disguised as a book on magic. Generally, messages will appear to be something else: images, articles, shopping lists, or some other covertext and, classically, the hidden message may be in invisible ink between the visible lines of a private letter. The advantage of steganography over cryptography alone is that messages do not attract attention to themselves. Plainly visible encrypted messages—no matter how unbreakable—will arouse suspicion, and may in themselves be incriminating in countries where encryption is illegal.[1] Therefore, whereas cryptography protects the contents of a message, steganography can be said to protect both messages and communicating parties. Steganography includes the concealment of information within computer files. In digital steganography, electronic communications may include steganographic coding inside of a transport layer, such as a document file, image file, program or protocol. Media files are ideal for steganographic transmission because of their large size. As a simple example, a sender might start with an innocuous image file and adjust the color of every 100th pixel to correspond to a letter in the alphabet, a change so subtle that someone not specifically looking for it is unlikely to notice it.

I think we need to be paying more attention to the images lol.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

ok, so you made contact....care to share?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brotherman
reply to post by voudon

I liked this one

"Today, American
writers of lesser stature and talent are translated into the various
European languages, for the same reasons that Disneyland was brought to
France."

Yeah I stopped reading for a while after that one.

TIP:
To find English text I figured out a relativley efficient method.

Google Search>
Type in something like [ site:forgottenlanguages-full.forgottenlanguages.org/ "and the" ]
Note: Add a generic English phrase at the end in quotation marks, this will pull up some articles with the English phrase in the article. At the very least you will get an all English in paragraph, in some occasions a full English article. The Google snippets also help determine how much English will be in the article.

edit on 13-7-2013 by voudon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

No, as requested. Light is being shined in places its not wanted. I am done here, keep following the rabbit hole people, just be prepared for what you might find at the bottom.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
So a side note I picked one page, I clicked view a random post and its now my hobby page. I'm working on translating/ reading it. I have one word figured out
. Its the word that represents asia. I've only been cracking at it for a few minutes.

I know the languages themselves are not the main point anymore but its definitely a fun puzzle to solve.

[edit: I have two words figured out , the second being South] not so sad

edit on 13-7-2013 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

I would love to see it in a u2u if you don't want to share it here.

Unfortunately my inquisitive mind isn't ready to put this baby to bed yet. (As much as I would really like to.)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Phonosemantics is a portmanteau word which suggests the meaning that comes from sounds. The idea that individual vocal sounds have meaning is not a new idea. You can find precedents in the Upaniṣads and in Plato. However it is not a popular idea amongst linguists who deny the possibility of such a relationship. Try this. Get a dictionary of English and chose a consonant - but be aware that this experiment works on sounds so the hard /c/ and /k/ are the same sound. To eliminate the confusion I will refer to a phoneme. Phonemes are indicated by being placed between slashes. So c can be /c/ or /k/; and j or g can be either /j/ or /g/; but k is always /k/. Take each word which does not have a prefix or suffix, and put it into as many categories of meaning as you need to cover the basic senses. Words typically have more than one meaning. Work through all the words that start with that phoneme. At the end of the process most of the words will have fitted into a small number of reasonably well defined categories. Those that do not fit a category are typically concrete nouns - they are names for specific things. In /d/ daffodil is just a daffodil for instance, and has no other referent. This should take 60-90 miuntes. Repeat for another sound and compare. I can summarise the results you will find because I have done this experiment as suggested by Margo Magnus the person who first performed it as part of her doctoral research at Trondhiem University, Norway. Firstly a very high percentage of words beginning with any phoneme, approaching 100%, which are not concrete nouns will fit into one of about a 10-20 broad categories of meaning. We call this effect clustering. Secondly comparing two different initial phonemes you will find only limited cross over of categories, and words beginning with one phoneme will not fit well into the categories associated with another phoneme. Thirdly more subtle patterns emerge when comparing similar phonemes such as /p/ an /b/ which are respectively the unvoiced and voiced bilabial stops. Taking a catergory - such as impacts - words beginning with different phonemes seem to emphasise different aspects of the referant. Impacts with /b/ are broad and blunt, stay on the surface; where /p/ words indicate precision, pin-points, and the impact with puncture the surface. This effect of the phoneme on the symbolism underlying a word we call iconism. If you work through the whole dictionary you will find the that, at least for the consonants, that this pattern holds true for all the phonemes in English. Vowels appear to behave in a different manner. Why should a pattern like this emerge. I know of three explanations. 1. Bounded Chance 2. verbal roots 3. Sound symbolism

Source

This theory is also incredibly relevant to the research we are involved with, this information is pretty vital to the ongoing discussion involving cassini diskus as well as a deeper understanding of the language theme propogated by this intriguing site

1. Introduction: Anatomy of a transition1 Human language behaviour relies on various cognitive abilities that are peculiar to our species. Animal communication systems qualitatively differ from ours. Attempts to teach apes various aspects of human language (Premack & Premack 1983 ; Savage-Rumbaugh & Lewin 1994 ; Pepperberg 1999) reveal that various cognitive abilities that allow us to process language seem to be absent from the tested species. One of these abilities that is often mentioned is the use of syntax. It is true that birds, nightingales for instance, are known to emit songs with several combinatorial layers (Hauser 1996:286). However, nothing indicates that the various structures they utter express differentiated meanings. Trained primates sometimes spontaneously produce utterances involving two words that are semantically related to the concrete intended meaning, with some tendency to observe a systematic order (Savage-Rumbaugh & Lewin 1994 :161). This type of performance however remains quite far away from human linguistic productions, what leads some authors to see there rather the expression of a protolinguistic ability (Bickerton 1990 ; 1995).

This is also of the upmost relevance to understanding all of this
edit on 13-7-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by voudon

yeah I noticed that same feature when searching there primary source documents in google that it will link to the site and be in english as the snippets
I wasnt ready to let that cat out of the bag yet though as I have been doing a tremendous amount of reading and apparently you have been too

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Secrets dont make friends , but friends make secrets

Nice bit of info.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenJack

Its not really a secret but if people were really going through and trying to trace the sources it would be obvious that the result snippets show up in english not really a secret more like an observation one would almost have to make if searching the information

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Well hopefully I get more time to do research, you guys are rockstars as far as I'm concerned right now. Tom is my day off. Perhaps I will dive into this rabbit hole as far as you guys have , please keep it up. Your work is appreciated.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Still yet, the eyes do not close when she blinks.

Can you perform a half blink?

Easy enough to do by dropping frames.

Perhaps if the video itself were run through a decoder?

Back in the old days of WordPerfect 5.1, using the built in file browser, I would browse the compressed binary files on my 34mbyte harddrive. Not only were there embedded texts such as "It is a far better thing that I do", but reading binary files themselves through an ascii character filter resulted in spatially arranged characters, due to the non-assigned values being filtered out, leaving many blank spaces.
edit on 13-7-2013 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Hey, I think you have something there! Good thinking. Did they just make "contact" through the video they sent me?

I like that line of reasoning....

Who can "decode" it though?
edit on 13-7-2013 by Doodle19815 because: My brain is inevitably faster than my fingers.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenJack
You could use the software these folks have created and push the progression of languages into the future.

But there would have to be a rhyme and reason to it. Not saying that this is what you're implying, but you can't just take two random languages, mix them with very advanced techniques, and expect the outcome to simulate what would have been the natural melding, progression, of the two.

These people seem to take everything into account. Everything. Even things you and I wouldn't think are relevant, they put into their witches brew to make a new language. I think at the core of it all though, they would have to start with changes in languages that have been proven to have happened. They start with one ancient language and note how many times it was morphed over time, and how. What influences came in to make the original change.

They take historical accounts like this to make an educated guess as to how another present day language will change. For example, think of the English language and how many times it has changed over the past 1,000 years. Now take those changes and accelerate them by 1,000 and you suddenly have a language that is A- Foreign to the people who once spoke a variation of it, and B- A "Foreign" language that was artificially, yet realistically, introduced to the population. If these people are getting what they're doing right, they're beating time to the punch.

The million dollar question is.....WHY. And why do they also claim to be doing this with advanced mathematical equations at the core of it all, in order to make a language more easily decipherable by advanced civilizations. These two different projects, on the face of it all, don't seem to have any commonality at all.

I don't exactly why these people are doing what they're doing, but this is definitely one of those topics that need daily and in-depth discussions by people "out of the loop". When they're done doing what they're doing, whether the end result is good or bad for the common man, you don't want it to take you by surprise. Because really, if there is any one thing that binds the human race together, it's language.

Words.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

They would argue that it is language that drives man apart.
And I would agree.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

OK
So we are now adding complicated hoaxes to the list yet again.

Cool.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I think that this thread has ran its course in terms of what the op title entails and what we have come to learn should have a new thread possibly in the research forum. If members would like to continue to speculate about spooky hoaxs and other misnomers they can but for those interested in harder research and understanding perhaps the research should be in the research department and not in a secret society forum. I honestly think to do that or continue intellectually on this thread that an identity has to be built upon what it is that we are all in here trying to discern, what is it we are trying to learn? What is it that we are trying to figure out. At this point it seems to me that their research is in communication deeper human intellect and the conveyence of those ideas with not only other people but to other consciousness. I think to start over we should explore the re occuring themes presented such as Node Space mathmatics, Linguistic morphology, Proto-linguistics, xenolinguistics (without star trek bs), phonosemantics and the likes and how this applies to cognitive sciences in the past and implications to the future, and delving into the possibilities of communication with the ever advancing technology world we are living in and moving into the future with. Thats just my thoughts on the subject

To add more content

Bilingual lexical representation
edit on 13-7-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Did anyone else think about Crop circles being a fractal language used by Extra Terrestrials to talk to us? Again, a language made up of fractals and symbols, that could possibly correspond to sound or frequency, and then onto colors and visuals. I don't know why, but that's what the concept of Cassini Diskus made me think of. Except it's our version of a universal language, to reply to them. The name of the language itself seems suggestive. Cassini has many possible astrological references.

24101 Cassini, an asteroid
24102 Jacquescassini, another asteroid
Cassini (lunar crater)
Cassini (Martian crater)
Cassini Division, gap between rings of Saturn
Cassini Regio, the dark region of the moon Iapetus

A disk from Cassini? Hmm. It also seems to me that they at FL, having read the progress of this thread, have sent us a 'fake video' to test us, or our understanding of the subject so far. Ayndryl has seemed very professional and formal while replying to emails so far. As is the way she has presented herself on the various other sites as well. Hard to assume she sent that video just for kicks. And what was the point of mentioning it was 'fake'? She said 'Look'. And we probably should look more closely, and find a way of decoding what I'm almost sure is some info hidden in that video. Maybe they're testing to see how far an intelligent but uninitiated bunch people can get with regards to decoding their videos. Maybe it's even a key to decode their other videos. Who knows what their intentions are. But that video was meant only for us at ATS, of that I'm sure.

By the way, I was looking at some of the Cassini Diskus pages, and found one that said: Cassini Diskus Abu Dhabi Event 280613-1807 and has some Cassini Diskus script posted on the 18th of June, tagged 'Cassini Diskus' and 'Defense'.

Assuming the numbers are a date (which i think is kinda obvious), there seems to be an ongoing event at Abu Dhabi that lasts till the 18th of this month. They also have/had one at Singapore, but there aren't any dates mentioned for that. Can this Abu Dhabi event be related to anything we know?

All this is very strange indeed...

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Also, that would stop the Google search thing as mentioned before, from finding their works. Soooo...something doesn't add up as far as them hiding things from public view.

It could very well be public as a recruitment tool. Someone showing the aptitude and skills to know what they're doing may become eligible to join if they contribute.

See the plot for The Last Starfighter, a 1984 science fiction adventure film

While working as the park's handyman and dreaming of going to college, Alex's sole activity is playing Starfighter, an arcade game where the player defends "the Frontier" from "Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada" in a space battle. Eventually he becomes the game's highest-scoring player. A short time later, he is approached by the game's inventor, Centauri (Robert Preston) who invites him to take a ride. Alex does so, discovering the car is actually a spaceship. It turns out Centauri is a disguised alien who takes him to the faraway planet Rylos. So his family and girlfriend, Maggie Gordon (Catherine Mary Stewart), don't notice his absence, an android named Beta is left to take his place.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I beg to disagree about the OP being answered.

So like i said, this group is highly enigmatic, though they put much out in plain sight, they provide no explanations and the archaic languages make them difficult to comprehend They work on something known to them as 'The Dark Millenium' project, whatever this involves, it doesn't look pretty; Dark Millenium Any help and insight on understanding this group will be appreciated, whether debunking or otherwise, as they disturb me. I did wonder if they're connected to

I still don't think we have uncovered the WHY yet. But I will let Kantz have his/her say as to the finality off it.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join