It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 175
<< 172  173  174    176  177  178 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kantzveldt
a reply to: Anaana

Well maybe, i mean i haven't even read any Harry Potter books or seen the movies, so what do i know...

Do you tell others what those books are about as well? Though, having never read them, you haven't the faintest idea what they are about, beyond what someone else has told you they are about.

You seem yet to appreciate that your search engines have you trapped in a ever tightening confirmationally biased noose. Bybyots makes a key point about the humanities, it could help shovel you out that rut, helping to explain the nature of metaphor and stop things rattling around inside your otherwise empty head.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl
Although on that note, as far as children's literature goes, for profundity I would recommend C.S. Lewis', "Narnia Chronicles" (setting aside the Christian allegory), and in particular -

Now, earlier, when you played the "but I'm just a poor ignorant housewife"....where was this?

Don't set aside the Christian allegory, that's what we call a "frame of reference". The Eleusian is equivalent to Advent. As I recall, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe covers aspects of that within the overall allegory.

You know a lot more than you think you know.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Yes i think you're right, the idea of trying to exert influence from an external perspective is pretty dumb as in traditional magic, integration is what counts, realization from within.

This is all very funny really, i'm on very friendly terms with the actual Goddess of head-hunting, met her face to face the other week, she's rather hoping i deliver her lots of heads.

edit on Kam1231346vAmerica/ChicagoSunday1331 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Did you just grace me with a complement? Awwwww shucks....

As far as whether I am "ignorant", I tend to look at myself from other people's perspective, and since many people assume ignorance in those who never attended college...well, I'll be the first to admit to getting a bit passive-aggressively 'defensive' when I feel my intellect is under attack..

Also, re: "The Narnia Chronicles", I only put in the "setting aside the Christian allegory" part, because I know some people are offended by that sort of thing, and I didn't want anyone to think my recommendation of the books was based on that aspect....

....Gee, reading back over this...you kind of got me 'pegged' with that video - I am a rather wishy-washy sort of person, aren't I?

p.s. I love the baby hedgehog - somewhere on ATS I did a post describing how it was a pair of hedgehogs in a David Attenborough special that necessitated my having the 'birds and the bees' talk with my daughter a bit sooner than I had expected to have to do it..
edit on 13-12-2015 by lostgirl because: to add post script

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

As long as all concerned are consenting adults, I don't think it is anyone else's business who you give heads to. Or tails for that matter. But, always take care how you play your cards when you have a Queen in the hand.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Did you just grace me with a complement? Awwwww shucks....

Did I? Can't be, I seldom do anything with grace.

As far as whether I am "ignorant", I tend to look at myself from other people's perspective, and since many people assume ignorance in those who never attended college...well, I'll be the first to admit to getting a bit passive-aggressively 'defensive' when I feel my intellect is under attack..

Or just plain passive. Just for a moment, # everyone else and what they may or may not think, me especially, don't you value your experience?

p.s. I love the baby hedgehog - somewhere on ATS I did a post describing how it was a pair of hedgehogs in a David Attenborough special that necessitated my having the 'birds and the bees' talk with my daughter a bit sooner than I had expected to have to do it..

When I told my son the "technicalities", he teared up. Made me realise the true dynamic of Sheelah-na-gig

David Attenborough is my pretend Grand-dad. I never knew my own, always felt that lack, so instead I sat at Sir David's feet.

I've read posts by you where you talk of being a parent, amongst other things and I don't think that you are wishy-washy at all. You did drop the ball...but then I can't throw for toffee.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

When I was eleven years old, I came home from my first day at big school and my Mum, predictably, asked what I had learnt that day. I told her. Next day, on my Mother's insistence, I presented myself to my history teacher and bestowed upon him her corrections. He, as well as I, learnt the most important lesson that day.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

edit on 15-12-2015 by boozo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

Thank you for your kind words tetra50.
I have had the most minimal effect on this thread, and that is as it should be, having little knowledge of the many and varied ideas that have been proposed. It surprises me that someone like yourself would have noticed any input I may have made though, so once again, thanks.
The idea of the light speed time dilation thing was to me one of the concrete things that could have resulted in showing Direne as simply trolling us here, perhaps not with the intention of literally laughing at us, but definitely having a laugh regardless, which is why I mentioned it really.
Happy holidays tetra50, and I hope you and yours find what they desire in this coming year.

And of course, happy holidays to all who read this.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Happy Holidays.

I wish we and all find what we desire all the time.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: tetra50

Thank you for your kind words tetra50.
I have had the most minimal effect on this thread, and that is as it should be, having little knowledge of the many and varied ideas that have been proposed. It surprises me that someone like yourself would have noticed any input I may have made though, so once again, thanks.
The idea of the light speed time dilation thing was to me one of the concrete things that could have resulted in showing Direne as simply trolling us here, perhaps not with the intention of literally laughing at us, but definitely having a laugh regardless, which is why I mentioned it really.

Happy holidays tetra50, and I hope you and yours find what they desire in this coming year.

And of course, happy holidays to all who read this.

Hey yourself, Jonjonj:
It isn't uncommon, I think, these days for many of us to feel we have little effect, while each hanging participle and molecule probably does have some effect. Scary, for true, when you think about it like that, which is why I'm always comforted by views of the ocean and its endless horizon, letting me know how very small I am in the scheme of things…..

It was a great thing to mention. Light speed time dilation, is, for sure, a fascinating subject, and what it could possibly mean to our real lives. A physics phenomena applied directly to our slight, small and personal experiences, and how it drives what we perceive as "reality…." What could be more fascinating, really?

And yes, absolutely, I think they were all having a laugh at us at FL, But frankly, I'm kind of used to that kind of thing.
Hope you are well, and your holidays and New Year are filled with joy, my friend.
tet

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Not sure if anyone else has checked it out but I laughed my socks off at FLs latest offering. They're cheeky chappies certainly, but feedback is feedback (and round and round it goes).

There should be little doubt now that we're in pantomime season, what with both ends of the horse vying for attention.

Great stuff

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
And yes, absolutely, I think they were all having a laugh at us at FL,

I don't think that they are laughing at you, and if they are, it says far more about them than it does you. They have "prodded", possibly scaled and quantified reactions, but if that is the case, it is because you have something of value for them to scale and quantify, reactively.

And likewise, we're all part of this same situation, observer and observed simultaneously, but, if you have read the latest piece, we are also invisible, reactively, as we choose to be. Only what is online, electronically etc, can be visible. Between logging on and off and on again, potentially, we transform. Or not. And, if not, why not? Nothing is, or should be, fixed, if it is, why?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

I think, having read what you write about this, you would be amazed, perhaps, at what is easily accessible and discernible about you from your life, online. Perhaps it resides in the way you refer to it right there: what's discernible about you from your life, online, or what is online about your discernible life…..splitting hairs, perhaps, but interesting thoughts, nonetheless.

When William Gates was Secretary of State when we all flooded Iraq many years ago, he made a particularly interesting comment to me, on CNN: Anonymity is no longer possible for anyone.

Regardless, what I said to Jonjonj, was just greeting a familiar friend, really, on this long thread where many of us met…no more and no less.
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays to you, Anaana.
tetra-

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
Regardless, what I said to Jonjonj, was just greeting a familiar friend, really, on this long thread where many of us met…no more and no less.
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays to you, Anaana.
tetra-

And to you too, and I apologise for intruding, but to clarify, I am quite well aware of my lack of anonymity online, strategically so, I have the courage of my convictions, if little else.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
maybe their aliens, all the speculation of the cattle deaths in US and elsewhere and maybe the Vampires are the genetic mutation of an alien and human?

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaiouti
maybe their aliens, all the speculation of the cattle deaths in US and elsewhere and maybe the Vampires are the genetic mutation of an alien and human?

Perhaps….
And maybe "vampyr" is just code for something else, entirely.
Just a thought.
tetra
happy holidays, and welcome to the thread.
Alternative explanations, other than the obvious, are just as dubious and realistic, all at the same time. Such is the paradox of life, it seems.
Take care.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Direne

I guess the truth should be revealed about your DeceitfulLanguages, Snakes.

You can't prove me otherwise.

People should learn again the roles of females to males.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: boozo

People should learn again the roles of females to males.

Whats your take on that? I got my own ideas but I'm afraid any mention of the kitchen or sammichs and other stuff may result in me getting bitch smacked by mother clucking hens and ultra feminists lol these days woman want to go to war and kill people serving in the infantry thats the last thing that needs to go away, the difference between men and woman for the next new age to revolve.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Whatever man.
edit on 12-2-2016 by boozo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 172  173  174    176  177  178 >>

join