It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 174
<< 171  172  173    175  176  177 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Ok so I'm really weirded out. Like really weirded out wtf stuff. Takes a lot to do this to me but wtf ATS ???

I read this thread about 4/6 weeks ago, head messer indeed, and as much as I wanted to, I never commented, it was just a messy head thread as interesting as I found it.

So I'm here tonight just reading recent news, Turkey, Russia, Trump, news headlines, just bloody normal stuff! and I hit the back button On my IPad and it took me to bloody . profile !! Like seriously her/ his profile !! What the bloody hell !!

I've been having trouble with my computer and my iPad since reading this thread and following the links and going on the adventure, now I get sent to Dorene profile for no reason more than a month since I read the thread.

Well good on you ATS for real conspiracy, I've been around here quite a few years but it must be time to get the hell out of this site !!!

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
YOu're officially haunted.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Metropolis1927

I seem to recall mentioning something about Chaos...

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ATODASO

...i don't agree with you,

Oh, yes you do.

just as we build city walls to keep the wild animals and the lepers out,

Nay! We develop P and P to accommodate their presence. That's what cities are for.

edit on 4-12-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

As it turns out, i don't agree with you, but i do like where you went with that.

For the record, I didn't really go there with that, William Bloom did.

He gained the knowledge that led him to write about it due to performing the "Abramelin Operation" while on a spiritual retreat in the Atlas mountains and he wrote about the idea in his tiny book, Devas, Fairies and Angels: A Modern Approach.

His writing is what put the idear in my head in the first place, and my spin on it came from studying Humanities, Information Tech. and struggling through math classes all mixed up in the same semesters.

Areas that are sometimes regarded as social sciences and sometimes as humanities include history, archaeology, anthropology, area studies, communication studies, classical studies, law, politics, semiotics and linguistics.

Humanities

You might notice that the statement above from WikiPedia is disputed, but I tend to agree with it.

W. Bloom also wrote The Sacred Magician: A Ceremonial Diary, which I remember as having been an awesome read.

edit on 11-12-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I am still waiting for one of those people who know so much to tell us if the math about returning and the speed of light actually worked out. I am mathematically illiterate beyond the obvious 1+2=3 so...

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

As it turns out, i don't agree with you, but i do like where you went with that.

For the record, I didn't really go there with that, William Bloom did.

He gained the knowledge that led him to write about it due to performing the "Abramelin Operation" while on a spiritual retreat in the Atlas mountains and he wrote about the idea in his tiny book, Devas, Fairies and Angels: A Modern Approach.

I purchased The Book of Abramelin this summer, very interesting read...I'm guessing that Bloom worked from the incomplete McGregor Mathers translation though...?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Wow, I didn't even know that it was incomplete. I am going to have to catch up with you on that, but meanwhile I think that you must be right.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

Wow, I didn't even know that it was incomplete. I am going to have to catch up with you on that, but meanwhile I think that you must be right.

Quite significantly it seems...which is what prompted me to buy it...I smell a conspiracy

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
I am still waiting for one of those people who know so much to tell us if the math about returning and the speed of light actually worked out. I am mathematically illiterate beyond the obvious 1+2=3 so...

With all due respect, to your mind and all the ideas espoused, herein, Jonjonj: math is no more than a representative language, like we all agree that the definition of "apple" is a round frut.

In other words, I don't know if anything representative of "reality," whatever that is, can truly "work out," in any real way, if the words and numbers we use to represent a certain "reality," don't represent any thing such, as we're all kinda unsure what "reality" even means….

mind bending stuff, for sure. But I always enjoy your point of view, and give it as much consideration as I possibly can, within my boundaries and definitions of what "reality" may, in fact, be.
Happy Holidays, Jonjoj
tetra

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

Hi tetra50 i agree, i mean numbers can be read, heck there's even a pattern in Chaos Theory if your smart enough to do the math, think a video game....

But you can't chose your path or even create it nor does it chose you, it's more complicated then that, i learned the hard way that sometimes it's best not to dream about things....maybe not that but i would advise to not live your dreams nor even face your fears just live life learn from your mistakes and the wisdom gathered and try to do the best with what you got.....

The problem with trying to create a path or live a dream is others to be honest, there your dreams and others trying to aid in this or create tests and obstacles ruins the dream, i saw a bunch of my dreams start to look like they were going to happen and then someone tries to step in and ruins it, they were things that were suppose to happen for me and now it's just nothing.....sad but true...

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: King Seesar
The problem with trying to create a path or live a dream is others to be honest, there your dreams and others trying to aid in this or create tests and obstacles ruins the dream, i saw a bunch of my dreams start to look like they were going to happen and then someone tries to step in and ruins it, they were things that were suppose to happen for me and now it's just nothing.....sad but true...

Don't give up on it Honey, sometimes you have to be observant for such things coming back around again but aware that it/they, and ideally you, will have changed in the meantime. And, learning acceptance, and letting go, is all part and parcel of any path, if you're doing it "right", so make sure you're remembering to smell the roses as the opportunity arises. Perhaps something else is "supposed" to happen instead.

Chin up

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: King Seesar
a reply to: tetra50

Hi tetra50 i agree, i mean numbers can be read, heck there's even a pattern in Chaos Theory if your smart enough to do the math, think a video game....

But you can't chose your path or even create it nor does it chose you, it's more complicated then that, i learned the hard way that sometimes it's best not to dream about things....maybe not that but i would advise to not live your dreams nor even face your fears just live life learn from your mistakes and the wisdom gathered and try to do the best with what you got.....

King Seesar:
Good to hear from you.
Dreams and your path.
We can only hope to think we know what they are, either one.
For my part, Dreams are largely introduced, a product of where you are lead. Your path? We can only hpe to know what that is, and it may not be, really….as introduced and led as the dreams are.

Find yourself: what's important to you. Who you aspire to be, and then attempt to be that.
Otherwise, those aspirations only get in the way, between what you wish for and aspire to. "reality" such as it is, is only another dream. Do you have integrity, know what that is? Aspire to that no matter what is thrown your way, and hardly, you have any control over that. Your only control is the response to all that.

And above all, your life and life experiences are meaningful, no matter what. It's thrown at you, and how you respond is what truly matter, I think. So, it's all meaningful, in that context, no matter what you hoped, thought ,planned for…..none of that matters.

What matters is what you did in response…. And only you, really, are the arbiter of that. No one else.

My love to you, Seesar.
tetra
edit on 11-12-2015 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2015 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: King Seesar

The trick there then is to persuade others to share your dream, Abraham of Worms knew this.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kantzveldt
a reply to: King Seesar

The trick there then is to persuade others to share your dream, Abraham of Worms knew this.

You obviously haven't read the work if that is what you think he knew.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Alas i know nothing, i have not learned to fear his God, i have not learned to fear his words, i have not studied his ritual noise and fail to share his dream.

The story involves Abraham of Worms passing his magical and Kabbalistic secrets on to his son, and tells how he acquired his knowledge. Abraham recounts how he found Abramelin the Mage living in the desert outside an Egyptian town, Arachi or Araki, which borders the Nile. Abramelin's home sat atop a small hill surrounded by trees. He was an Egyptian mage and taught a powerful form of Kabbalistic magic to Abraham. He was a "venerable aged man", and very courteous and kind. He discussed nothing but "the Fear of God", the importance of leading a well-regulated life, and the evils of the "acquisition of riches and goods."

Abramelin extracted a promise from Abraham that he would give up his "false dogmas" and live "in the Way and Law of the Lord." He then gave Abraham two manuscript books to copy for himself, asking for ten gold florins, which he took with the intention of distributing to seventy-two poor persons in Arachi. Upon his return fifteen days later, after having disposed of the payment money, Abramelin extracted an oath from Abraham to "serve and fear" the Lord, and to "live and die in His most Holy Law." After this, Abramelin gave Abraham the "Divine Science" and "True Magic" embedded within the two manuscripts, which he was to follow and give to only those whom he knew well

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kantzveldt
Alas i know nothing, i have not learned to fear his God, i have not learned to fear his words, i have not studied his ritual noise and fail to share his dream.

What? You don't read books because you think that they will make you fear gods and words? While you repeatedly demonstrate that you are entirely incapable of formulating a thought that has not first been preprocessed for you, this is a whole new level of ignorance for you. You're quite surpassing yourself.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Well maybe, i mean i haven't even read any Harry Potter books or seen the movies, so what do i know...

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

You're not really missing anything with the movies - the books on the other hand...well, i'll just say this:

I think people underestimate the power of fiction to spark profound insight, both on a personal and over-arching level.

Although on that note, as far as children's literature goes, for profundity I would recommend C.S. Lewis', "Narnia Chronicles" (setting aside the Christian allegory), and in particular -

- my favorite book in all the world (over 40 yrs. later, I still have my, much read, battered and yellow paged, original paperback copy), "A Wrinkle in Time", By Madeleine L'Engle.

On a whimsical side-note:
In 2004, while I was deep into the "Harry Potter" books, I also happened to read Physicist Brian Greene's, "Fabric of the Cosmos" (an excellently written laymen's description of quantum physics) and the combination sparked an intriguing notion:

It occurred to me that if it was really possible to have psycho-kinetic abilities and a person could use those abilities to manipulate matter at the quantum level - well, what would that be, but 'magic' in the truest sense of the word...

And certainly a person who could do such 'magic' would in fact be a wizard a la Harry Potter...

edit on 12-12-2015 by lostgirl because: correction

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

A wrinkle in time!!

Ill have to go read that one again, its been so long..

I also enjoy using simple sources to gain profound insights. Though, I do not limit it to just fiction. I will even watch basic trigonometry videos with great impact. Though, it can be tricky to explain to others, as I have found. I constantly get asked "Isn't that extremely basic for you?"

One of the biggest leaps in my research was inspired by a 4th grade math book. I think it points to a real power in language and communication.

And, if someone could intentionally manipulate the quantum in such a way.. could anyone even perceive what was done? Hiding such abilities would seem to be a given, but perhaps it is innately obscured beyond the perceptual boundaries of most. In that, it might only be recognized in shared realms like language, akin to an unseen wind rustling leaves.
edit on 12-12-2015 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 171  172  173    175  176  177 >>

join