It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 168
<< 165  166  167    169  170  171 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: StormyStars

It has been my experience that getting your thinking out of the box is not the difficult task. The mind that thought inside the box, is still the mind that thinks when it finds itself outside of the box because it was conditioned and structured within the box, and it's ability to perceive the what, whys and hows of all that is outside that box has to be re-developed and recalibrated, learnt from scratch, from the bottom up, in some instances. There are no short cuts to that, otherwise you're just laying stuff on top, a new add-on to fix the bugs in the app when what you need is a complete rewrite.

Hitler didn't do any genetic engineering. The Nazis like most other practitioners of Eugenics, at that time, didn't have enough understanding of genetics to engineer anything or anyone. Their beliefs about racial superiority were fermented on pseudo-science developed as a means of justifying white colonial superiority, for the purpose of putting down and subjugating native peoples and exploiting them economically and physically.

With the exception of those experiments carried out on Auschwitz inmates by Bayer as part of the IG Farben Group, which led to the development of modern anesthetics, and the inhumane extreme conditions experiments conducted on Dachau inmates that enabled rapid post war development of the US space programme, the Nazis were just playing with disposable populations and exercising personal expressions of sadism and prejudice. The Nazis did not remove genetic groups, they removed cultural identities. It was all about appearances, nothing about what was on the inside. We have been, collectively, stuck in that particular box for what seems like forever. Which brings me to another point.

Red-headed Scots aliens. Since Bybyots brought it up and because coincidentally my brother came to me yesterday afternoon having been doing some reading up on the dispersal of red heads in the global genetic populations. We had been talking about it last week and come up with a few possible hypotheses about where, how and why red heads might occur, so it was an extrapolation of that. Red heads are, at best guess, the result of a fairly localised mutation that was, as a result of reproductive isolation was bred into a group, and subsequently was a trait that was sexually selected. We thought it possible that the increased ability to absorb vitamin D due to the loss of pigmentation would have increased their strength and longevity. In the northern regions, as the glaciers retreated, life got very competitive for those groups who's economies had depended on hunting and for a people already adapted to harsh conditions, that change included a need to control reproduction, they most likely did this, archaeology suggests, through competition for reproductive rights.

Long story short, when the first farmers arrived in the South of England, these little people whose genetic heritage was in the East, eventually met with the local red headed giants. All the farmers, as they spread across Europe did, and parts of India too. These people liked each other and made lots of babies together, it seems it was that way with the Neanderthal and Denisovians too, us humans aren't as fussy as we've been made out to be.

Side bar, my brother was explaining to me the Denisovian-AMM genetic diffusion. He was on a roll and describing where he saw the contact points etc, and then how such and such would have gone in, raped and pillaged etc. I asked if I could just stop him a moment, and pointed out that more often than not, sex occurs because both parties want to have sex, particular when social and moral guidelines are dust in the wind. Rape is also far less likely to culminate in progeny and not often progeny that is wanted, or invested in.

To conclude, we all, animals, insects, even bacteria, come from the same mixing pot and things get interesting when it's stirred.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana
I see! So my late Oma was wrong about what was done to HER? Her and her 6 sisters? She was born and bred in Vienna Austria. My late Dad too. My late Grandma and her 6 sisters were Austrian. Related to Marie Antoinette. My Oma's brothers were not tested or experimented on. Just the girls. The were not Jewish. When Hitler found out who they were, he had it stopped. For them anyway. But they'd been through, heard and seen enough to know I would believe.
On that note. This is about writings. Languages.
Hitler himself took the 4 which had been a Majickal symbol for good, and turned it into a Swaztika, he had his soldiers were crosses at the bottom of their feet. Took a large metal cross to a gathering, keeping it upside down and chanting spells backward.
Imo? That is more on topic.
The rest is not.
Who really cares?
Had only been stating how text, no matter how old or how new, have histories. Hence, trying to establish true ancient script over made up ones. Yes?
Then again, along with in the box thinkers is close mindedness, lack of creativity, etc.
I'm an Artist as were my late parents.
Only their Artistic abilities were far extended from my own.
You also can have such a thing as too open minded.... Those that believe everything.
I am not THAT open minded.
But I am not close minded enough to rule out everything.
As previously stated, I nurse in both physical and psychiatry.
Extending my teachings to Nurse Practitioner and Psychologist.
I'm old. 51.
I have seen and experienced too much of religions ( Theological my ) and experienced enough cultures and languages ( Multi-Culturism ). To be close minded in regards to any kind of scripts, real Ie not, they are still extremely interesting.
Which drew me into this post which I am thankful to the OP for choosing the topic.
It is to me, ALWAYS interesting as well as learning.
Thank you very kindly for YOUR opinioin.
Have a great day

edit on th302015Sat, 26 Sep 2015 04:09:52 -05000915th30amSat, 26 Sep 2015 04:09:52 -0500 by StormyStars because: Correction.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: StormyStars

You misunderstood me (which is totally on topic). I didn't question that people believed that genetic experiments took place, or even that the experimenters (often not qualified in any way at all) may have believed what they were doing was "genetic engineering", all I was saying, and I admit I probably wasn't clear enough about that, is that whatever they may have believed they were doing, in actuality they were only committing tortuous maiming and murder. Even the work of the T4 unit, which aimed to eradicate what it saw as hereditary diseases by killing the mentally ill or physically infirm in the name of Eugenics had little to no impact in terms of genetic engineering, but much in terms of social engineering.

I am sorry that your relatives were the victim of such activities, and deeply sorry at the thousands of lives lost when they took the gas vans around the orphanages and asylums, at least your relatives lived to tell the tale. From what you say, I presume they lived because they had the "right" appearance, so I would be very interested to hear more details about those experiences and why they felt they were the subjects of "genetic engineering", as it is not a perspective that is particularly free flowing, for understandable reasons. Many of the women, for example, who were recruited for the Lebensborn, many "Aryan" women were recruited to baby farms, or as SS Prostitutes ...another of their pseudo-genetic "experiments"...an excellent application of mind control though...but details are scarce, it not being something people want to talk about, once the smoke clears.

So, to be clear, I know they thought they were conducting genetic experiments and that those who were experimented on were given that understanding, but in terms of what they did, there was no applicable, or useful data garnered because those experiments had no foundation in science, let alone specifically in genetics. Using the language of science validated those practices, but saying something is so, doesn't mean it is, that requires others to believe it is, or not to know any better, or simply just to do as your told, and never question anything.

You have a great day too. All the best.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
As of now, Seems like demons run that site.

Beware. Don't fall for the trap.

edit on 14-10-2015 by joshint because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: joshint
Sweet!

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

You have anything else to say?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
DP

edit on 14-10-2015 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Yeah, I've been trying to locate a member from there to see if she wants to work on another art project together, since you say demons or whatever are there it means they are still active, sweet!

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Hi joshint,

Can I ask what exactly makes you say that? I went over to their site and couldn't see much different except format changes...

You can PM me, if you don't want to post stuff...thanks

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl
Oh no format changes 😨 must be the work of witches and demons *gasp* now its officially Halloween season 😃

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I just wanna say, that I don't think their # has ever been better since we started ignoring them.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Stupid FL. Stop pretending you're not reading me.
edit on 20-10-2015 by joshint because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: joshint
Stupid FL. Stop pretending you're not reading me.

Wow.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

First time you encountere that? You must be primitive. Using by their own language.
edit on 20-10-2015 by joshint because:

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I really love how stupid people are here.

They keep pretending.

You should sing this Botherman.

edit on 20-10-2015 by joshint because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
A person who tells a lie is evil beyond measure. No matter what good deeds he does in Life. He is Still Evil beyond measure.

But the worst type of person is the one who believes on him who tells a lie. And keeps pretending he believes not on evil.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: joshint

First time you encountere that? You must be primitive. Using by their own language.

First time
Encounter
Primitive
Their language

I'm not sure assuming I'm primitive or in your other posts "people/ their," stupidity is a fair assumption. is this a nice thing to do?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

En fin!

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: HyphenSt1
but the problem is the audience needing to be indoctrinated into that style of communication.. because that means that it's difficult to communicate a new foreign idea to the audience who hasn't already thought of it on some level.. I agree that especially with music and art, being formulaic will not improve the quality of the art or communication either.. but perhaps if the artist knows the language of his art inside-and-out, and knows when to use what (and how), then the audience's grasp of the message (and the medium) might increase exponentially like a feedback loop...

Apologies for dragging this out from June, I do hope that it is still of interest to you because it has been playing around in my head ever since. It's very difficult and it is, I think, when it comes down to it, a matter of passion in relation to your intended audience. In the words of Roy McAvoy, greatness courts failure. Aim too high and you risk going over their heads, too low and you insult their intelligence. You need to get it just right and then, as often seems to be the case, you have to die before they take notice and realise what a visionary you were, or are simply burnt out by the process itself, particularly when passion or compulsion are fanning those flames as they often do.

That is though the artist's journey not the audiences, I was missing a point and failing to understand my own perspective. Or my perspective has changed through consideration of the question. Not sure...

So, really, I have been wondering what is missing from the equation that is preventing communication. From my own perspective, my own understanding comes from wanting to understand understanding. I see further because I stand on the shoulders of giants, giants teach you that. I don't know what short cuts might exist because I didn't have the privilege of that information, I only have my own highly meandering path to go by and that is relational to my own experience (and needs).

So, are we dealing with a situation that centres on the perceived lack of continuity? Where the line is drawn between esoteric and exoteric perhaps, so that that distinction can be brought into the focus in the present as a symbol that still has resonance?

Or something else entirely?

I was going through some photos that I took on a recent visit to London and one series, of a monument, covers at least 3,000 years of myth and meaning, and those meanings can still be related to today on various levels. Taking the photographs, talking about it with my son, asking him what he thought each feature was as we walked around, it was a revelation to me that all this information stood in plain sight for the world to see if they chose to see it. Once home, I looked it up on the internet for the bits that had evaded my understanding, but I have not even found a description that begins to adequately describe it. Now, we can safely assume that the artist knew what he was communicating but he, I can only assume, was stratifying his audience and that stratification continues apparently (though I didn't dig especially deep). That has me wondering why and it does seem to be a class issue in part, but there is also an element of the meritocratic (though still a rather narrow, somewhat social elite verging more towards an intellectual elitism these days). That has me torn in two, we have to respect the hard work that made the giants, giants but on the other hand, we need to recognise that some are born more equal than others, get better all round nutrition. The question to my mind then, is how do we even out the playing field without undermining the relational dynamic that creates meaning?

That's what I am playing with any way. Amongst other things.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Perception is such a big part of it, isn't it?

The artist has an experience to relate, but the extent of this comes down to the limits of experience itself. Something that I feel has regressed in modern times as our technology has progressed. But, importantly, that also implies it is malleable (at least generationally).

So, the limits of the artist's experience meld with the viewer's. Sometimes stimulating growth in either party, but sometimes speaking concisely of the cultural story we share. The human experience colliding with itself, I suppose.

new topics

top topics

<< 165  166  167    169  170  171 >>

join