It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 167
<< 164  165  166    168  169  170 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: HerbertAshe
I want to send them a gift basket and a thank you note.

I have to say, I am inclined to feel the same. I don't watch the videos, started to once or twice but nothing really to my taste...but anyway, point being, I cannot comment on any potency they may have one way or another, but, I do, when prompted sufficiently or the opportunity exists, copy and paste the English sections of their writing into Google, as a direct consequence I have read (or tried to) some amazing theoretical papers that have at times caused sparks to fly as the cogs try to grind their way through it. Whatever else they may be up to, they have a very strong creative edge which I appreciate even if what they produce is not to my taste. The Queltron stuff, that I have been catching up with, has some great links out of it.

Somewhat disappointed that I didn't get a note telling me off

I feel our interactions have been mutually beneficial, if a little bound in friction (which perhaps is why it has been so productive, all those sparks!). I personally hope that they'll come back and play again soon.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Agreed.

Trying to "figure out some purpose" to what they are doing was an exceptionally small part if my interest in the thread. I think the entire topic is a lot like asking someone what the goal of Minecraft is lol.

It's cool, lots of good links, interesting conversation topics brought to the table. Pity it went south.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit

Agreed.

Trying to "figure out some purpose" to what they are doing was an exceptionally small part if my interest in the thread. I think the entire topic is a lot like asking someone what the goal of Minecraft is lol.

It's cool, lots of good links, interesting conversation topics brought to the table. Pity it went south.

Are you sure that you know what you are talking about?
This is not FUN, mate....definitely.
edit on 19-9-2015 by xoenneox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: xoenneox

Darn it...clearly I must be doing it wrong but...

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

Funny. In a weird sense. My Grandmother came from Austria while under French Regime.
She used to say that Indo Europeans were akin to Native Aboriginal Americans in both Canada and the USA.
Which she got from her Chinese Mother-In-Law who married an Austrian Man who had lived in the Ukraine, whose Mother had been Mongolian. My Father's Paternal Grandparents.
My Father's Chinese Grand-Mother would call her Mongolian Mother-In-Law a," Stupid European Indian." Meaning, " Stupid European Native Aboriginal."
My Grand-Mother, Austrian under French Rule, had also known and understood Germaic, and Gailic.

Some of what is in 1st post, seems a mixture of Germaic & Gaelic.

My Austrian Grand-Mother also held the belief that there were non humans amongst Austria, Germany, Ireland and Scotland.

To her, Aboriginal Native Scottsmen mostly, to be more presicise.

She would tell me she believed some of the above mixtures also immigrated to Canada and the USA and lived amongst the Aboriginal Native Canadians and Americans.

Whom still hold the beliefs of Shift Shapers .

To my Austrian Grand-Mother, Shape Shifters were," Stupid Aboriginal Native Europeans." Of which that belief came was from her Chinese Mother-In-Law.

So she would always tell me to carry a pure silver pin that could be hid in clothing cuffs or hems where they would be unoticable, easily accessible and not usually pricking the wearer.

The purpose for that, was the idea that if one of the non human originally Aboriginal European Natives, would come to one's window, door or approaching a human at night, one would be able to quickly grab the pin and poke the beings with canines and retstore their humanity until help arrived or they'd go away confused.

She passed, but I'd seen a few Weirwolf movies at the Theater with my now late Father. ( Scared my now late Mom ).

He'd say he thought the Weirwolves were akin to the non humans his Mother & Paternal Grand-Mother had believed in.

Stranger yet, my late Mother's Paternal Grand-Father, was from Paris who'd married a Roma Italian/Jewish Woman who followed Roma Italian customs and of Roman Catholic Faith.

My Maternal Grand-Mother's Father was from England and married a woman from the USA. This woman, my Great Maternal-Grand-Moher's Mother was the Daughter of a French Man and Wife from France. She kept having Children from an African Slave on their Plantation.

Her patents sent the children, who looked African in any way, to an
Aunt and Uncle in Canada. They kept the children who looked white. Until they gave permission to her French Mother and African Father to marry in a quiet clandestine ceromony in Canada with their promise to remain in Canada and never return to the USA.

My Maternal Great -Grand-Mother would always call down my Paternal Great-Grand-Father's wife. Calling her a Savases Inhuman Stupid European Indian.

Kind of funny because when my Paternal Great Grand-Mother passed young, as did my Maternal Great-Grand-Father, & Paternal Great-Grand-Father, married each other.

So my Maternal Grand-Mother AND Grand-Father, both used to tell myself and the rest of their Grand-Childred + ++++. ( +'s meaning Great, etc.)

To wear pins, broach pins, lapel pins, hat pins, cardigian pins, bollero pins and sewing or whatever pins that were pure silver, in fashion or hidden, as well as a fairly high salt intake or pouches with rock salt to use against Vampiric, Animalistic, Savage Stupid Aboriginal Nativives. Who we might not recognize as being such, inserting themselves into our lives as friends in case they turned on us, so that we could poke them, and when they opened their mouths to yelp in surprise, get a rock salt in their mouths quickly so heir fangs would retract, and we'd have time to get away, the next day getting a Roman Catholic Priest or Bishop or not joking, a Shaman, to ward us and our homes.

I mostly lived with either Grand-Parents so I had to wear the pins, or wear the pins and have a small rock salt pouch.

We HAD to ALWAYS wear crosses or our Rosaries. And were never allowed outside at night during full moons. Especially if they looked a bit red or haloed.

I am happy to say neither of my late parents believed any of that , nor did I.

There was Romainian on both sides bloodlines somewhere. So both sets of my Grand-Parent's also believed in Evil Sorrcerors and Evil Wizards, male and female versions of, yet my Grand-Mothers and Great-Grand-Mothers were thought to be Witches but the good kind.

Both sets of my Grand-Parents and my late Father could surprisingly speak 7 or more languages as well as read and write them.

A lot of what you put up.... I am somehow a bit familiar with.

Even the so called non existing languages.

Georgio from AA would probably say it was all E.T Alien retated or Mary Ellen Guiley would say they were Djinn related although some of my late Parent's Friends were Irish, Scottish, or Celtic immigrants. They believed my Mother's family roots had Elven blood lines and that my Father's family had Fairy blood lines, given the pointed ears from my late Mother's side and the slanted eyes on my late Father's side. ( The mixed heritages )

ALL THAT, was to inform you that I believe you are onto something real, but that maybe there are logical explanations that may or could be just mythologies or long passed down beliefs to try and explain our ancestor's unexplainable occurrances or to frighten children into behaving, later down the lines, misconstrued as reality. But that is just imo.

Also, I know a lot of past psych patients of whom tried acting as such and making up coded letters, poems, etc for each other so we, the medical staff would not understand. Also a common thing between a lot of siblings sometimes along with close cousins.

( Funny: Although it hurt my feelings, I had to laugh when visiting my Maternal Grand-Parents one winter early evening, already dark, I had had severe Anemia. As well as a necklace of hickies from a boyfriend who HAD to visibly mark what he thought of as his. And for some unknown reason, angle or w/e, when I bent down to give them the customary goodbye hugs and kisses, they recoiled. I was hurt and puzzled. Asked why. They said b/c I looked white as if I had my face in flour, that my eyes, [ So high from hashese. ], looked reddish and glowy, the obvious marks on my neck as they had never liked that boyfriend, and for w/e reason, my reflection wasn't showing on the windows as usual. Only my hair and clothed areas. Lmao! )

I am usually good at decoding scripts. Also called a natural born Witch since I was six and made a BAD wish that occurred exactly as I wished it. Small Villiage mentality.....Though I've never wished bad since lol!

Just saying..... A new aspect could be looked at....

edit on th302015Sun, 20 Sep 2015 06:00:28 -05000915th30amSun, 20 Sep 2015 06:00:28 -0500 by StormyStars because: Tied to correct errors but keys are sticking badly....I trièd tho ☺

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: StormyStars
a reply to: Kantzveldt
A new aspect could be looked at....

...this...is...an one...weird post.
Are you a woman(nono, I am not a mizogin or sth...)?
edit on 20-9-2015 by xoenneox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: StormyStars

That sounds like an interesting upbringing, i've heard of sticking pins in poppets but never the actual people, though i suppose probably more effective all things considered when combined with the rock salt treatment in preventing the over familiar, but seriously many superstitions do have interesting origins.

The Celts of course had central European origins, Austria and Switzerland, bronze age Hallstatt culture, but its's the one before that in the Neolithic Balkans including Transilvania that has the best potential for actual alien contact and the generation of weirdling offspring, perhaps that would explain the origins of the otherness in those parts and associated dread.

edit on Kpm930262vAmerica/ChicagoSunday2030 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kantzveldt
The Celts of course had central European origins, Austria and Switzerland, bronze age Hallstatt culture, but its's the one before that in the Neolithic Balkans including Transilvania that has the best potential for actual alien contact and the generation of weirdling offspring, perhaps that would explain the origins of the otherness in those parts and associated dread.

No "of course" about it I am afraid, the Hallstatt culture had it's origins in Austria and Switzerland but the Celtic peoples, as we define them, had already spread throughout Europe by that time and had developed their own regional identities, they all though had their origins in Central Asia and the Near East. The Hallstatt's, having gained wealth and power through salt mining and trade, did have a considerable impact but it is generally accepted to have been a "soft" invasion, one that none the less brought with it a more developed aspirational militarily based elitism. The people of the Balkans and Carpathian ring were the same people essentially but with their own regional adaptations, and resources. The Hallstatt's would have been overlords. The Carpathians are interesting though, even the Nazis didn't invade some areas due to it's physical inaccessibility. There they still practice medieaval modes of farming, and have incredible biodiversity as a result and more importantly, they were with small effort able to maintain their cultural integrity despite proximity to overlords. By 800BCE when the Hallstatt culture rose and set out to subjugate the region, they had, as the archaeological record demonstrated, been an active part of a vast network of exchange routes for a few millenia, it is the arrival of the Hallstatt that causes them to become increasingly isolated. It is that subsequent isolation, in the face of repeated attempts at homogenising by the imperial minded, that led to their apparent "strangeness" and in the scheme of things, that is very much a modern adaptation.

However, having staid the course this long, there is gold in them there hills, and in a world made to rotate by money, they are weakening and feeling the pull in recent times which is the worst possible news for all that wonderful biodiversity.

Not sure where your alien fits into all that.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

It took a few reads to get it to sink in, but that is an incredibly interesting post. I should imagine it would take some time to disentangle them, but I see a number of threads of commonality linking your widely spread fore bearers. I'm a little bit envious, apart from a small (and disputed) bit of Spanish input around the time of the Armada and a touch of African around the period of the Transatlantic slave trade, my family stayed put for generations marrying locally and by the time it got to me had forgotten most of it's lore and what it did have was pretty much taken for granted to be just stuff and nonsense...we had been moved from the land and been thoroughly industrialised and citified by then.

Yes...quite envious.

Though, on reflection, perhaps it was for the best given my already over active imagination.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Celtic people are defined through the proto-Celtic language, religion and cultural iconography, earlier waves of migration into Western Europe are not defined as Celtic, the Tuatha Dé Danann are considered to correspond to Celtic and were considered more technologically advanced.

The Celts did develop from the culture of Old Europe which was primarily the cultural region of the Balkans and the lower Ukraine extending into Anatolia, Central Asia and having connection to Northern India, the basis for their metal working skills is Vinca culture and that's also were the Faeries made an appearance.

But anyway, what about Edward Snowden contemplating the possibilities of Cassini Discus here...?

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: xoenneox

originally posted by: criticalhit

Agreed.

What's not "Fun"

Had a friend once who used to say "People are going to trip, it doesn't mean I have to trip with them" For whatever reason (well it's Ats) some have attached a whole world of seriousness and intrigue to a website about some diverse and intellectual topics, a group of people "studying and collaborating" I found University fun too and that was a lot of people studying some crazy intellectual topics too... sure there are people in the world who would take a very serious and frightened look a such a place and demand they hand over their proprietary work, but like I said I still had "Fun" and those people would be people like ISIS and the West Borough Baptist Church lol

edit on 21-9-2015 by criticalhit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Celtic people are defined through the proto-Celtic language, religion and cultural iconography, earlier waves of migration into Western Europe are not defined as Celtic, the Tuatha Dé Danann are considered to correspond to Celtic and were considered more technologically advanced.

The Celts did develop from the culture of Old Europe which was primarily the cultural region of the Balkans and the lower Ukraine extending into Anatolia, Central Asia and having connection to Northern India, the basis for their metal working skills is Vinca culture and that's also were the Faeries made an appearance.

But anyway, what about Edward Snowden contemplating the possibilities of Cassini Discus here...?

Good grief, it's one thing to tinker with the more prozaic aspects of history to fit your beliefs, you can also be excused fiddling with political geography but not even Hitler had the audacity to think that he could change physical geography.

Old Europe is subject to the same boundaries as the current Europe.

Now that I have composed myself, and cleaned the Earl Grey from my monitor, I am trying to consider what you may have meant by "Old Europe", and presume that you are referring to the perspective posited by Marija Gimbutas??? That's what Google yielded anyway.

Gimbutas was referring to a state of being rather than a particular locality or place, although that state of being was still wholly confined to Europe, it dealt specifically with the European Neolithic experience and what she saw as a sudden transition from matriarchal to patriarchal societies. So, for sake of argument, "Old Europe" could be found in 5000 BCE in the Balkans but not at that time in Sweden, or 3500 BCE in England, but no longer in the Balkans. It's a particular social and technological tool kit...according to Gimbutas in 1974.

We have moved on considerably in understanding over the intervening 40 years since Gimbutas asked those questions. Her view is still in the mix, but it's purism is not. Thankfully one of the major changes over those years has been the discarding of out moded notions of race which continued to dominate much of archaeological thought into the late 20th century. Now that the last of those dinosaurs has gone extinct, the barriers to understanding have been falling away.

In short,I am failing to see anything unusually "alien" about the Vinca too. They were the first to smelt copper, but copper working had already by that time begun it's spread from Anatolia across the copper producing regions of Europe. The contact between Anatolia and the Danubian cultures led to a soft Neolithic cultural revolution supported by the development of economies based around farming and mining...little people are better made for that purpose...the Anatolians introduced it to Europe through trade and exchange not by colonisation. At the same time, mixed farmers were making the journey from the Anatolian coast to the islands and east coast of Greece, this was a hard cultural invasion, a colonisation. These people brought farming tools (and the skills to replace them), domesticated seeds and animals, making the journey with everything but the kitchen sink packed in with them. They brought their way of life with them and adapted it to the local environment. The Vinca adopted agriculture more selectively and incorporated it into an increasingly settled life subsidised by mining and metallurgy.

edit on 22-9-2015 by Anaana because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: xoenneox

lol! Yes, I am a woman. Turned 51 just August.
You are right. It IS weird. But real beliefs to my Grand-Parents and Great-Grand-Grandparent.
My Maternal Grand-Parents only passed 2 years before my parents.
In their hundreds.
My Paternal Grand-Parents the same ages but long before as my Dad had been 16 when my Mother was born in 1944 lol!
They used to have women going to them for love spells, weather control, all the usual hocus pocus stuff but were actually pioneer -esses in healing. So usually called healers. Also thought to be Psychic.
My Mother and I were called Healers and See- ers lol!

Everything I said is true lol!

So I believe their must be a more logical explanation to these languages that are coded or were supposedly Myth.
I was also BN Registered Nurse and BN Registered Psych Nurse.
Had to study Scociologogy, Theology and Multi-Culterism.
I also extended into a Bachelor of Science in Mental Health.
And Civil Engineering.
Dude? Honestly, the WEIRDNESS on ATS is not much compared to all I've encountered. Seriously lol!
What you have in brackets, I've no idea lol!
But this is still all very interesting.
I am not oposing the OP's thread.
Just give a bit of plausible explanations that COULD be PART of it in order for it to be more logically reasoned and maybe dissected into how real people STILL use coded writing or speach that is made up yet have perhaps unwittingly, some pieces that have ancient languages inserted.
One never knows yes?
Trying to separate the real from the made up...
lol! Thank you for my 1st good laugh in a couple of days lol!
😴🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Yes the term Old Europe is still used to refer to those Neolithic societies though it doesn't mean one subscribes to the proposals of Marija Gimbutas, there is only one question you need to ask yourself, what is the basis of Apocalyptic religion?

edit on Kam930264vAmerica/ChicagoTuesday2230 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Yes the term Old Europe is still used to refer to those Neolithic societies though it doesn't mean one subscribes to the proposals of Marija Gimbutas, there is only one question you need to ask yourself, what is the basis of Apocalyptic religion?

That's not a question I need the answer to, and all things considered, you show little evidence of being sufficiently informed to offer direction in any sense of the word.

Thanks all the same

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: xoenneox

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

My Austrian Grand-Mother also held the belief that there were non humans amongst Austria, Germany, Ireland and Scotland.

To her, Aboriginal Native Scottsmen mostly, to be more presicise.

All funning aside, I have really appreciated your posts, thanks.

edit on 23-9-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Lmao! Giggle! 😂 Love it lmao! Perfect! 👌Thank you lol! 😀😀😂

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I would not envy it lol! Do you know how Difficult it is to just say I'm simply Canadian? Born here? 1st gen on my late Dad's side. Nope. People think you look too exotic and mysterious to just leave it at that lol! They want to know if you had an Italian Father, a Chinese Father, a Black Mother, etc lol! Or, " Come on. Just admit you're Eastern European already. ". It's like, Wh.... Eastern European? How do you get THAT? Lmao!
But that is not the least of it. Had Sickle Cell Anemia. Almost died. Had Hong Kong Flu. Almost died. Have the so called Asian/Oriental sized Pancreas, too small for American diets.
Turn Olive skinned in the summer but even in winter look slightly tanned unless anemic. On B12+ IM's forever, have slanted eyes though almost as big as so many Africans, have pointy tipped ears, don't know where that one comes from. Have reddish hair, a very odd red so always colouring. Freckle despite turning olive skinned lol! The Asian/Oriental shortness and physical appearance except when they look at my chest lol! My husband get a kick out of peoples reactions when they 1st meet me lol! Yet jealous and watchful too lol! Need I go on? 😂.

As to whomever it was lol! My late family use to call Europe, " Back home in the old Country. ". Just stating lol!

But good in 1 way. A person learns quite a bit of the Culturisms.
Such as some languages, spellings, etc. Foods. Beliefs. Thus, this language thing.
Could be others out there, is actually, born into a very mixed culture.
Hence, slangs on languages, slangs on the spellings off, how some will try implementing the languages with English and or Latin, spelling it wrongly as they pronounce it. Like, flats. Do you know how many meanings and languages that word is in, which is also a Latin prefix and or body. Flats/Shoes
Flats/Apartments
Flats/A chunk of sandy grounds too small to be called a desert or badlands.
Flats/ The heals of ones hands.
Flats/Slang for flat footed men who didn't make it in the Armies.
And too many more to think of atm but I bet more unknown to ne.
Also, spelling, it is harder to do an American puzzle as we spell Colour. Americans spell color. Shortening the original spelling of words and spelling them more how they sound than the way the actually are. Mixed with wrong grammar, used in wrong sentences, poof!
Someone thinks Americans are making fun of their language w/e language that may be.
I just believe there should be more out of the box thinkers such as the O.P, yet at the same time, try to eliminate what is known to be true myth or modern code, then find out what the rest is..... Just imo ☺

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

" And the Wall cane down. ". At least one did. Though there is talk of rebuilding it? 😐😮😱
It could not mean than Gotham City is still shiny and new as it once was either correct?
At one time a very advanced City under the Carpathian Mountains, into Romania, and even at one time a part of Siberia? Or Sieria? Can never really recall. Maybe the languages are codes from Hitler's attempts at genetic engineering. I have seen documentaries, heard people from the old Country saying that a lit if the monstrosities are from that genetic altering engineering. Right down to that movie Dogs? An army that turns into werewolves? Ideas have many stems.....
edit on rd302015Wed, 23 Sep 2015 02:01:48 -05000915rd30amWed, 23 Sep 2015 02:01:48 -0500 by StormyStars because: Correction to main opening word...

top topics

<< 164  165  166    168  169  170 >>

join