It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 142
<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATODASO

originally posted by: Direne
a reply to: tetra50

tetra50, yes, you are right, except that Cassini Diskus is not "ours".

141 pages in and we finally get the money shot. take your pick of implied narratives to be spun out of "not 'ours'." you guys are decoding data from an oopart? that's where this was headed all along?

anyone else feel a little let down?

I had assumed that the Cassini Diskus was related to the Cassini mission. Is that not the case?

www.esa.int...

On that assumption, I'd have guessed that it belongs to the Planck Institute.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

that's a good interpretation (and a very generous one i might add), but then you factor in all the archeology-related content inserted on their end, and you get oopart.

i dunno, all that n400 stuff posted ten pages back pushes the story toward your interpretation some.

/shrug

edit on 7-6-2015 by ATODASO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

that's a good interpretation (and a very generous one i might add), but then you factor in all the archeology-related content inserted on their end, and you get oopart.

/shrug

Well no, I didn't, you may have, but I took it to be a language issue, since that was what they primarily seem to express interest in. Extraterrestrial simply means outside of Earth, and therefore can be interpreted as being applied to meteorites, which is how I chose to interpret it. Meteorites are relatively common and may be involved in facilitating life on this planet in a variety of roles, from bringing water to impacts that generated the heat in the core to start everything off by bringing a rock to life. Microscopic lifeforms, amino acids and other building blocks of life on Earth also could have arrived via this apparently effective delivery system. Iran is a hot spot for meteorites. It seemed logical to me, there is nothing else, that I can see from the information provided, that says to me that anything is out of place, personally, I did have a wee paradigm shift myself, but I think it was only my mind that got blown.

Much of this is open to interpretation and I don't expect agreement, I understand that I choose to believe but I do try to make informed choices, sometimes I simply choose to accept other people's reality, at others I choose to forge my own.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

i can dig it.

to re-re-interpret then, i gotta say these two passages add up to a very cool story. cooler than ooparts anyway.

During a chance encounter with an unusually strong blast of solar wind arriving at Saturn, the international Cassini spacecraft detected particles being accelerated to ultra-high energies, similar to the acceleration that takes place around supernova explosions...

Under certain magnetic field orientations and depending on the strength of the shock, particles can be accelerated to close to the speed of light at these boundaries. Indeed, very strong shocks at young supernova remnants are known to boost electrons to ultra-relativistic energies, and may be the dominant source of cosmic rays, high-energy particles that pervade our Galaxy.

www.esa.int...

Advanced technology means basically this: the control of speed. Faster than light, the speed of light. Speed is the main difference...

Communication is also speed-bounded. The N400 is key:

The N400 is a component of time-locked EEG signals known as event-related potentials (ERP). It is a negative-going deflection that peaks around 400 milliseconds post-stimulus onset, although it can extend from 250-500 ms, and is typically maximal over centro-parietal electrode sites. The N400 is part of the normal brain response to words and other meaningful (or potentially meaningful) stimuli, including visual and auditory words, sign language signs, pictures, faces, environmental sounds, and smells

Also:

There is still much debate as to exactly what kind of neural and comprehension processes the N400 indexes. Some researchers believe that the underlying processes reflected in the N400 occur after a stimulus has been recognized.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I found the following, very interesting link, in pdf, so I can't quote here that may link DARPA's Narrative Collection, Nodespaces (the program FL was supposedly using to develop Cassini, before the latest was admitted, of course), the study of language within the narrative collection programs, and a cognitive a.i.:
www.cognitive-ai.com... The Synthetic Intelligence, illustrated with a Leonardo Da Vinci painting of woman and child…..

Also just searching Nodespaces v2.0, linked with DARPA got me FL, which the search engine said could not be searched because of "its bots." I have found this to be the case with many DOD websites, to get this same message.

Perhaps this is also about colonization, with something more durable than humans, but with narratives which are human/like and runnable in programs…..

Interesting, but still scary to me, stuff.
tetra
edit on 7-6-2015 by tetra50 because: additions

edit on 7-6-2015 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
What I wrote above taken with this:

FL-140912 Joint Human Exobiological Defense Program, JHEDP/45. 2012.

FL-030213 Joint Human Exobiological Defense Program, JHEDP/43. 2013.

FL-300114 Joint Human Exobiological Defense Program, JHEDP/05. 2014.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

i can dig it.

to re-re-interpret then, i gotta say these two passages add up to a very cool story. cooler than ooparts anyway.

I agree

Sooooo...if we look at it from a different perspective, what could the count down imply do you reckon?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This was discovered pg. 7 by JayinAR, no longer here:

So I was curious about the physics equations.

Cassini Diskus is a language for aliens.

Some members of the group are physicists within quantum gravity field. Additionally, most of the math needed to 'recreate' a natural language is based on topology, fractal geometry, and non-linear dynamics. However, the posts you hit on physics are our discussions on how to encode math and physics information to non-humans, should the case arise.

Cassini Diskus is our encoding of all the 100 most cited papers from CERN (2006-2012). Most of them having to do with superstring theory. The idea behind is this: how to encode all of our current knowledge on particle physics to non-human civilizations, should the need arise in a near future.

Yes, you have our authorization to publish all the information so far.

Yours,

Ayndryl Reganah.

So, perhaps both ATODASO and Anaana are correct...

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
perhaps some disclosure of intelligent life?
tetra

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
And there is this pg. 8, from Frog:

I did a little looking and found a thing or two..

On the NodeSpace Patent you'll notice the original assignee is "Object Reservoir". It looked like they may have a few other fluid modeling patents out there as well.

So I decided to find out what I could about Object Reservoir Inc

Notice in the last bit it says...

As of June 29, 2012, Object Reservoir, Inc. operates as a subsidiary of Landmark Graphics Corp.

What about Landmark makes them so special?

I'm glad you asked. They are a part of Halliburton

Landmark Software and Services,External a Halliburton External business line, has acquired the assets of Object Reservoir, Inc External., the leading provider of finite element reservoir modeling technology Object Reservoir’ technologies significantly improve Landmark’s workflow offerings for unconventional reservoirs and will offer new capabilities for the exploration and appraisal phases of asset development. This transaction also benefits Halliburton by providing two key technologies for our work in unconventional assets: the Limits® software solution for unconventional reserves estimation, and the Resolve® software solution for hydraulic fracture modeling.

So, this may very well be where the "defense" aspects mentioned earlier come into play.

Now we have a Halliburton connection. Fascinating. Many layers to this onion it seems.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Direne

I'm worried that I might be too late and you might not be signing back on here (not that I would blame you, considering the ridiculous squabbling and random accusations you've endured thusfar) but I've wanted to ask this question for some time, and you seem like you might be a person who has some answers:

To what extent is music a language in itself?

is it useful to think of spoken language, music, art, etc, as all different "colors on a pallet" on the same spectrum of expressive vocabulary typically available to the human being?

..and if so, do you think that this language will eventually be able to be taught and treated as a fluid vocabulary, to where music and art can be made with such direct intent that "the message" of the creator of the art won't be lost on the audience? I understand that certain esoteric artists and composers have attempted (and occasionally accomplished) this in certain ways, but without initiation into the symbolic vocabulary of the artist, "the message" cannot register consciously in the mind of the observer. (though I do think that certain "symbolic vocabularies" can register certain concepts in the subconscious, because we all share many internal archetypes)

I would love to hear your thoughts!

thanks for your time.

-ST1

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

It's not miscommunication, you're simply misunderstood because of emotions.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: HyphenSt1

I'm worried that I might be too late and you might not be signing back on here (not that I would blame you, considering the ridiculous squabbling and random accusations you've endured thusfar) but I've wanted to ask this question for some time, and you seem like you might be a person who has some answers:

To what extent is music a language in itself?

is it useful to think of spoken language, music, art, etc, as all different "colors on a pallet" on the same spectrum of expressive vocabulary typically available to the human being?

..and if so, do you think that this language will eventually be able to be taught and treated as a fluid vocabulary, to where music and art can be made with such direct intent that "the message" of the creator of the art won't be lost on the audience? I understand that certain esoteric artists and composers have attempted (and occasionally accomplished) this in certain ways, but without initiation into the symbolic vocabulary of the artist, "the message" cannot register consciously in the mind of the observer. (though I do think that certain "symbolic vocabularies" can register certain concepts in the subconscious, because we all share many internal archetypes)

I would love to hear your thoughts!

thanks for your time.

-ST1

Where Mathematics Comes From
Pythagoras is alleged to have said "All is number."

Music
The creation, performance, significance, and even the definition of music vary according to culture and social context. Music ranges from strictly organized compositions (and their recreation in performance), through improvisational music to aleatoric forms. Music can be divided into genres and subgenres, although the dividing lines and relationships between music genres are often subtle, sometimes open to personal interpretation, and occasionally controversial. Within the arts, music may be classified as a performing art, a fine art, and auditory art. Music may be played and heard live, may be part of a dramatic work or film, or may be recorded.

To many people in many cultures, music is an important part of their way of life. Ancient Greek and Indian philosophers defined music as tones ordered horizontally as melodies and vertically as harmonies. Common sayings such as "the harmony of the spheres" and "it is music to my ears" point to the notion that music is often ordered and pleasant to listen to. However, 20th-century composer John Cage thought that any sound can be music, saying, for example, "There is no noise, only sound."[2]

Music and maths IMO, go hand in hand. Combining the two with the right pitch (not absolute pitch) and numbers may be a missing language all in itself. Music IMVHO, seems to be more of a link to all languages than maths. You can not only hear music...but even the deaf can feel its vibrations which, may have mathematical values.

Just my thoughts.

ETA
I forgot this other opinion I have...actually it's a speculative fact...geometry be it sacred or obvious is very well defined in "music writings". The obvious "writings" because once one "writes" the music it has now turned mathematical based on the notes placement and durations/time/length.

The writing of music is the most important part of designing sounds IMVHO. One can always use a computer program now a days to assist or do the writing for them, but the actual knowledge of writing music from an understanding and arranging said sounds are of very great importance and integrity. It is sacred geometry in my very high opinion.

I'm musically inclined and I very truly believe what I write about music.
edit on 6/7/15 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
A reminder to what FL are working on:

No, it is not a hobby. Perhaps a passion. We simply consider that speaking out words is the last step in a complex process, a step that can be removed (and should be removed) if we wish to communicate in those situations in which language collapses and is of no use. If the brain adopts a given specific measurable configuration milliseconds before opening your mouth to pronounce a word, why pronouncing a word at all? Couldn't be better to 'read' that neural configuration somehow? And, wouldn't be wonderful if you could read that neural configuration at a distance? Same for images. If your brain takes a particular, measurable, configuration when exposed to an external image, wouldn't be better to learn how to read that configuration in order to 'see' the image your communication partner is seeing mentally? We feel that's possible. At least, we feel that's where evolution is leading us.

What is Cassini Diskus?

Cassini Diskus is an experiment to cope precisely with those scenarios in which language collapses. We noticed that each time you change the scale of a problem, language should change accordingly. Otherwise, it proves useless as a means for communication.

"Cassini Diskus is" not a language. It is a device to encode information using sound and images and transforming that encoded information into a signal, that is then transmitted at a frequency 27 Hz and/or 12.704 GHz. "

On frequencies: 27 Hz is a high beta brainwave, mostly associated with anxiety and compulsive behaviour. The 12 Ghz has to do with sonochemistry (inducing chemical reactions using sound).

I wouldn't dismiss RV as a viable sounding technology. Actually, is the only one you have. Inside your brain.

A hint to their Agency, perhaps?

2. We have no employer. I guess the applications would be mainly

Research
and

Defense
. But the system we are working on is not for sale. .

Now, we have a picture.
edit on 7-6-2015 by joshint because:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePublicEnemyNo1

I'm definitely familiar with Pythagoras and the application of music in culture (these days), but like you said

Music and maths IMO, go hand in hand. Combining the two with the right pitch (not absolute pitch) and numbers may be a missing language all in itself. Music IMVHO, seems to be more of a link to all languages than maths

I definitely don't buy the idea that THIS culture that we live in (worldwide) is the climax and pinnacle of human potential haha, so I definitely have done a lot of research in terms of "music as language" in the history of various cultures and Pythagoras is just the tip of the iceberg.

The Tibetans (and the Hindus before them) seem to have developed a science of using sound for practical purposes such as healing and heavy-lifting.. and since a lot of these techniques were passed down orally and through direct-instruction, it's not hard to believe that there is little documentation of these techniques, which isn't at least buried under heavy symbolism inside the scriptures of various traditions.

I'm also a musician and I would love to learn to consciously "speak music", so I'm not just putting anything out there unintentionally.. my music is mostly a personal ritualistic practice, rather than some sort of means to "show off" (my project is intended to be anonymous and I go by Somebody and the Nobodies) although I also think it's important to not just take the "easy way out" and write easy music on easy instruments, which might result in one more new-age and/or "chill-wave" artist haha. I feel compelled to keep expanding my "pallet" or "vocabulary" with which I can potentially communicate with any other human on this planet..
This is why I paint/draw, compose music, write poetry, take photos, engage in philosophic debates, etc..: I want to be able to communicate on as many different levels as possible, and fluently..!

Math and music are equally a universal language (IMHO) and should be used as such! While there are quite a few scientists and artists (and everything in between) who have attempted to outline the "vocabulary" of Science and Art, very few have been able to convey these ideas to the layman.. they're always "preaching to the choir"...

but perhaps there's still hope..
perhaps to communicate about Science and Art, one must learn in the language of Science and Art..?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: joshint

Yes, it's interesting that in the pages from Direne's 2013 'visit' it's clear that Cassini Diskus is something developed by the FL 'people', but now she says it's something they 'found'?

I'll be very surprised if she comes back....

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

##Your attention please##

This long and dynamic thread is at risk of being derailed.

Please focus on the OP's topics and avoid posting at, or about, each other.

No more snipes or member criticism after this point.

Thank you.

(don't reply to this post)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

They did already cover that;

Gisel site is both amazing and frustrating. Amazing for the many artifacts and the five complete almost intact bodies recovered there; and frustrating because the site is located in a currently unfriendly country which makes operations hard

Some of the bodies found in the Gisel site deserve special mention for the pattern of disposal, as well as for the association with strange technological objects, in particular with the so called Cassini Diskus.

Cassini Diskus was supposedly an artifact or beacon that emitted signals and thus the implication was that their research was into the potential of such signals and what could be encoded within them.

a third and a fourth object were visible over the Gisel area showing DENIED strong bleeps centered around the DENIED GHz channel... ... remains unexplained how multiple 121.12 MHz signals were received... as if the ground were covered with hundreds of emergency beacons...

... further confusion about whether military activities carried out around Gisel in order to recover the beacon were justified within the framework of the current treaties signed with the Iranians or not..

The development of the Cassini Diskus symbolic script seemed to have its basis in something similar to Proto-elamite, suggesting similar were found on the recovered artifacts and that the ancient Iranians had developed their own script from this.

Gisel Biological specimen and artifact recovery

So there was some consistency in their narrative as an explanation for their interests and research but whether or not that's just a cover story requires consideration.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Okay, got my plate cleared a little. Catching up some. Interesting ideas tossed around by many. Direne, you still here? I been thinkin' 'bout it all. I'm still intrigued and I think I might have an idea on how we can suss some of your information without asking you to open up your life to us. Worth a try. You do present a puzzle you know.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

My garwsh...could it be the artifact of wisdom from the breakaway civilization of quantum dream catchers? I mean some of it does have a ring to it. Scripts, programs, guidelines for yer basic meme-ology and myth-structure studies. Ak...I'm a broken record and nowhere near as funny as I think I am as I have been told by folk, here and there, with very serious looks on their faces.

new topics

top topics

<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join