It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 141
<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Indeed, this link is about harnessing brain activity as a source of power used to control a computer. If one thing can be achieved, then it can go the other way, too. A line in, is a line out, and so on….Link

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
And finally this link: Report Claim IBM Has Tested Brain Implants Link
The really good news, is it can reportedly control criminals….sarcasm out.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Direne
a reply to: ATODASO

atodaso, that is pain relief, not mind control. Mind control has to do with the control of volition. So, I ask you again: do you know of any implant that is able to control volition? Obviously treatment of Parkinson, depression is not mind control.

since "volition" has no neurostructural corollary that I know of, no, i would not expect that an implant which controls it exists. you can transmit muscular impulses, but that's not what you're talking about i think.

Your definition is okay with me: use of a brain implant one mechanically alters the way the brain processes information, in order to achieve perceptual, behavioral or affective outcome if we change your last "or" by "and". So, is there any implant that you know able to do all that?

narp.

k, since i'm a pedantic prick i'd like to make sure we've got our definitions hammered out. we are discussing the possibility that brain implants which can remotely override consent, desire, intention and whatever other concepts you'd like to bundle into "volition" exist.

if so, you can expand your list of the guys holding the remote to include a butt-ton of other state entities, privately funded outfits and time travelers.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Actually, those implants exists, atodaso. They are called "neurons" and these neurons are connected by synapses. There, your implants.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

No, I'm afraid I don't agree. For one, as already stated, perception and emotion are directly linked to behavior.
Brain chemicals alone alter perception and emotion, and therefore, behavior.
Certainly any affect on neurotransmitters, directly affects behavior, which I am using in place of "volition."
Any affect on behavior is definitely a control mechanism.
Lastly, ATODASO, I hope you read my last two links.
tetra

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Actually, those implants exists, atodaso. They are called "neurons" and these neurons are connected by synapses. There, your implants.

keep moving the goalposts, bud. no one's scoring anytime soon.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Lastly, nano microchips. Link which can be used to surveil the patient. And:Link
And, The Mind Has No Firewall. strategicstudiesinstitute.army.mil...

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The harnessing for energy article really interested me, as it sounded a whole lot like what As23# was talking about on the black triangle thread, which I believe you were on, as well, ATODASO?
The use of our brain waves as an energy source.
tetra

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Seeing your selfie as an avatar says all... anyway, wake up: implants do not modify behavior. They are used to modify neural activity using an external source , usually EHF or mmW radiation.

Neurosounding

EHF Radiation-Induced Anosognosia: Next Generation Force Multiplier Weapons

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Seeing your selfie as an avatar says all... anyway, wake up: implants do not modify behavior. They are used to modify neural activity using an external source , usually EHF or mmW radiation.

Neurosounding

Wow. Another reversal. We're back to you saying brain chips aren't mind control, then, right?

What did this mean on pg. 90 of the thread?

Posted by Direne
"Cassini Diskus is not a language. It is a device to encode information using sound and images and transforming that encoded information into a signal, that is then transmitted at a frequency 27 Hz and/or 12.704 GHz. "

So….you can alter brain chemicals which affect perceptionn and so behavior, but…..and that's not mind control?
And at least one of my links, if not more, say the direct opposite.

And please stop personally insulting people. And you say one thing, and then provide information to the opposite, so there def appears to be subtext, between the line, communication going on by you.

edit on 7-6-2015 by tetra50 because: insults

edit on 7-6-2015 by tetra50 because: question

edit on 7-6-2015 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

i still maintain that achieving specific cognitive or behavioral effects by that method would be like performing microsurgery with a set of golf clubs.

Neurosounding

not that i wanna deprive you of the web traffic or anything, but would you be kind enough to link the original studies? or do they come from a secret non-jstor database the pleebs don't get access to? or are they just autogenerated titles used to give the appearance of academic authority to the credulous?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

tetra50, yes, you are right, except that Cassini Diskus is not "ours". That is what you was missing. I don't know what made you think it was ours. We simply found it. Now, I leave you, it's been a miscommunication pleasure. I hope people here stop insulting people they do not know and never met.

You are free to comment whatever posts you like about our site, but insulting or chasing people is not allowed. And by the way, lostgirl registered here just one month after me, so I guess she has no right at all to believe she is more ATS than me.

Hope you the best.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Direne, Please accept my sincere apologies - I am truly sorry that you took post as bullying and feel ashamed for not choosing my words and sentence structure more carefully...

a reply to: lostgirl

Perhaps you are short sighted. Or your short memory is that of a fish. I came back because:

a) someone started talking about us, again

b) I am free to post whenever I please;

c) T&C's of this site says nothing on what time must pass after someone posts

I do remember your b) and c) answers, you posted them to Abeverage...

...but as those explain your 'right' to come back and post here, rather than your 'reason' for doing so, I was still curious about what your 'reason' might be -

- granted it is none of my business, but you have been so forthcoming in all your posts since returning (for which, if you remember, I have expressed sincere gratitude) that I thought you wouldn't mind answering...

...and now you have answered, and I thank you.

The remark about "having a lot of time on your hands" was also not an attempt to bully or even offend - it was simply a very poor attempt at, what we call 'tongue in cheek', humor...

Honestly, I just truly apologize.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

tetra50, yes, you are right, except that Cassini Diskus is not "ours". That is what you was missing. I don't know what made you think it was ours. We simply found it. Now, I leave you, it's been a miscommunication pleasure. I hope people here stop insulting people they do not know and never met.

You are free to comment whatever posts you like about our site, but insulting or chasing people is not allowed. And by the way, lostgirl registered here just one month after me, so I guess she has no right at all to believe she is more ATS than me.

Hope you the best.

Fair enough, although I wish that you would not leave, but stay and clear up the "miscommunications." Where did you "find" it? And I thought you were using a special program to produce it….
About the insulting, and chasing…..you, in fact engaged in much of what you claim to be a victim of, and you were quite personal about it, particularly in my case, where you used some personal information given to you in confidence, to insult…..
tetra

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

tetra50, yes, you are right, except that Cassini Diskus is not "ours".

141 pages in and we finally get the money shot. take your pick of implied narratives to be spun out of "not 'ours'." you guys are decoding data from an oopart? that's where this was headed all along?

anyone else feel a little let down?

edit on 7-6-2015 by ATODASO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Somewhat. Direne was hurt by the lostgirl's getting slightly caustic (likely over the turn the thread was taking, in general), though I am not trying to lay anything, whatsoever, on lostgirl. But also and really worthy of note, here, lostgirl apologized for any offense.

I feel after all the time we deserve some more direct answers as to this last admission. That is certainly not the way it was characterized in the beginnings of this thread, either.

But you are likely right.
tetra
ETA: But just where they found it, and how they know what it's intended to be via her post pg. 90 of the thread….i'd like more answers as to that, specifically. Wait, after re reading her last response to me in which she says I'm right…the last thing I said to her was about her reversals in positions, giving articles which said the opposite, and that this indicated she was communicating with subtext and between the lines….If I was right about that, then we must consider that she is telling us some other things with giving information quite different than what she originally gave us, about FL and Cassini Diskus and whom they are involved with, etc.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Well, yes, I am truly sorry for that -

- it just seemed to me that we were about to be taken down yet another blind alley (which looks to be affirmed by Direne's ending up equating brain implants with "neurons")...

...and, unfortunately, I allowed my frustration with that to make me rather hasty and unthinking in my posting...

BTW Tetra, some really cool looking links you brought to the table back there - am looking forward to reading in depth..
edit on 7-6-2015 by lostgirl because: addendum

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

She was giving much more, IMHO, than she was getting, replete with not so nice gestures, and doing exactly what she was objecting to….
Who was "chasing" her, btw?

There was no doubt she was condescending to all of us, and even said as much in a post to me.
But all this, to get this half answer, and it's not at all what was said in the beginning about CD. FL said they were linguists trying to develop an anti-language, described for use when they were in a group of people not them, of the same species, for communication only they would understand amongst themselves.

And yes, I caught that in her reply to ATODASO, "….they're called "neurons." LOL But then also said, they were "implants." A lot of conflicting answers, if you ask me, that don't add up to making cogent sense.

So now, it's they "found" it. Hmmmm. Wonder where?
tetra

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I don't know - learning about decoded Oopart data could be a bit amazing...

...shame we've unintentionally intimidated our source of info into leaving.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I, for one, am betting she'll be back.
She'll never communicate with me again through email, LOL, though I hasten to add I did absolutely nothing to her, nor asked her for anything. Still wish she'd explained what it was she "forgave" me for…..complete with a tear, and condescent. An obsolete, fairly word, at best, for a linguist to be using…..
But she'll come back to ATS. Especially vis a vis her last comment about your sign up date, and hers, lostgirl. It connotes an attachment to the website, and a sense of belonging or not, here.

new topics

top topics

<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join