It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 140
<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Direne
a reply to: ATODASO
I think we should discuss about brain implants, their feasibility, whether the claims of people having been implanted has any truth or not, etc.

I don't think there's any point going down that road unless you've got pertinent information (along with links) to bring to the table...
...It seems to me that merely discussing the validity of some people's 'belief' in brain implants would be an exercise in 'opinion' resulting in a consensus that we can't really know until there's evidence - so why waste thread 'space' on it?

I'd be more interested in learning the reason that you so suddenly came back to the thread and started posting so prolifically...

Because in re-reading the pages since you rejoined us, I can't help feeling there's some kind of subtext between the (many, many) lines in your posts...

....Or maybe it's just that you got laid off from your job and have a lot of time on your hands now?

edit on 7-6-2015 by lostgirl because: spelling

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

a reply to: tetra50

Be it then.

We will discuss about implants and mind control. We have 3 options:

a) implants do not exist,
b) implants do exist and aliens are responsible for them, and
c) implants do exist and the NSA is to be blamed.

The last two options are based on one fact (NSA exists), and one hypothesis (alien do exist). We need to accept both as valid to start a fruitful discussion. Anyone sees any other options?

Be what? When?
I've never brought up implants on this site nor posted about them. I have no opinion at all as to this matter at this point. Please do not attach my name to such when you are bringing something up no one has here, to date, that I know of. That's your discussion to have or not.

Please, again, exactly what have I done in regards to you that requires forgiveness? I am even protecting our personal communication, as best as I can, but you disingenuously claim to be crying over condescension toward me, and forgive me, for exactly what?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Anyone sees any other options?

Yes -
- How about we 'not' discuss it unless (as I said in my previous post) you've got something 'concrete' to bring to the table?

And you know what?

It's starting to 'look' as if you're just trolling poor Tetra, so maybe you should just let it go...
edit on 7-6-2015 by lostgirl because: addendum

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Direne

The last two options are based on one fact (NSA exists), and one hypothesis (alien do exist). We need to accept both as valid to start a fruitful discussion. Anyone sees any other options?

I wonder if critical hit will see this….subtelty about what to talk about and who, without expecting repercussions?
LOL , this is truly funny, except it's just too strange to almost believe.
tetra

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Be it then.

We will discuss about implants and mind control. We have 3 options:

a) implants do not exist,
b) implants do exist and aliens are responsible for them, and
c) implants do exist and the NSA is to be blamed.

d) implants definitely do exist, and are definitely used in a clinical setting to help people. here are some articles that could freak you out a little if you feel as pessimistic as direne apparently does about the odds this # is being used ethically.

Military Funds Brain-Computer Interfaces to Control Feelings

DARPA Cortical Modem connects brain directly to computer for 'electronic telepathy and telekinesis

Study shows direct brain interface between humans

Neuroscientists reverse memories' emotional associations: Brain circuit that links feelings to memories manipulated

and my personal favorite:

Direct brain-to-brain communication demonstrated in human subjects

from that last one:

"We wanted to find out if one could communicate directly between two people by reading out the brain activity from one person and injecting brain activity into the second person, and do so across great physical distances by leveraging existing communication pathways," explains coauthor Alvaro Pascual-Leone, MD, PhD, Director of the Berenson-Allen Center for Noninvasive Brain Stimulation at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) and Professor of Neurology at Harvard Medical School. "One such pathway is, of course, the internet, so our question became, 'Could we develop an experiment that would bypass the talking or typing part of internet and establish direct brain-to-brain communication between subjects located far away from each other in India and France?'"

It turned out the answer was "yes."

In the neuroscientific equivalent of instant messaging, Pascual-Leone, together with Giulio Ruffini and Carles Grau leading a team of researchers from Starlab Barcelona, Spain, and Michel Berg, leading a team from Axilum Robotics, Strasbourg, France, successfully transmitted the words "hola" and "ciao" in a computer-mediated brain-to-brain transmission from a location in India to a location in France using internet-linked electroencephalogram (EEG) and robot-assisted and image-guided transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) technologies.

eta a lot of your members are in the same neck of the woods as the starlab barcelona branch, right? great, let's talk about implants lol.

edit on 7-6-2015 by ATODASO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

If you happen to read my post again, I wrote "implants and mind control ", which automatically rules out the clinical setting to help people. Unless you think mind control is healthy for the one being controlled.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Interesting, that you are suddenly representing my position, completely.
And your middle finger is called the bird.
Read you loud and clear. I'm not sure I forgive you, however, for your continuing personal insults.
tetra
ETA: Just so we're clear about these personal attacks, I've alerted a moderator I trust to help the two of us deal with this problem. The memory of a fish? Bullying? Wow. Who is being bullied? This is increasingly an ad hominem attack. All I did was to repost what you had, Direne, about Cassini Diskuss, on pg. 90 of this thread. How is that bullying you? In what way have I personally attacked or insulted you?
This, increasingly, seems like an ad hominem attack, and a reversal of stance on issues dear to FL re cassini diskuss.

edit on 7-6-2015 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

lostgirl has no right to ask anyone why she posts. People register and is free to post. Is that clear?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

If you happen to read my post again, I wrote "implants and mind control ", which automatically rules out the clinical setting to help people. Unless you think mind control is healthy for the one being controlled.

in a clinical setting with specific therapeutic goals, yes, mind control can definitely be helpful. pluck the reductive mote from thine own eye, varlet.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Oh yes, it's clear. I would encourage you to read my edit to my post, above. Just wanting to be fair, and let you know I edited it.

But it's also clear that you are becoming personally insulting, and no one is bullying you. I merely stated on the thread that you abruptly ended communication with me, as I apparently couldn't be "helped," though I never asked for any "help." You asserted I needed help, as though I somehow do not understand my own life, when this began because you asked what personal experiences I had which made me distrust transmitting signals into the brain. And clearly I gave you some of the reasons my personal life isn't going so well, and fully understand how harmful these circumstances are without you telling me. It's why I answered by telling you them.

You're a linguist. I don't think you are the least uninformed about how this communication continues to be misrepresented, or how you are taking advantage of that. And since I reposted your definition from pg. 90 of FL's CD, you are now taking my own stated position on mind control. Interesting turn of events, after insulting me ad hominem, and this after I refused to publish our private communication.

And why in the world, now, bring up the NSA?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Specific therapeutic goals... can you write down three or four examples, please? One maybe? One example of therapeutic mind control would do. Try.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATODASO

in a clinical setting with specific therapeutic goals, yes, mind control can definitely be helpful. pluck the reductive mote from thine own eye, varlet.

Reversals of positions are happening so fast I'm dizzy.

of course it can, to the subject.
so can most anything.
But do the risks of how bad it could be outweigh that? And shouldn't there be shielding available, generally, before something so potentially invasive and life changing is invented, to begin with?
tetra

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
tetra50, you got laid off from your job and have a lot of time on your hands now?

That's what lostgirl wrote. Go tell the moderators.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
No, I didn't get laid off from any job. You insist on attaching my name, as though this was something I had anything to do with. You did the same with a discussion you started on brain chips, and the NSA, which everyone knows draws attention from crawling bots….

This is exactly what you are doing with this. Incredibly disingenuous of you. Just as having a tear and feeling condescending towards me and saying you forgive me, while refusing to provide why I need your forgiveness, how I have supposedly hurt you, or bullied you…..

I might add you have reversed your position for damage control yet again, and lostgirl wrote nothing really personally insulting to you.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

let's settle on a definition of "mind control" as it pertains to brain implants. if by use of a brain implant one mechanically alters the way the brain processes information in order to achieve a perceptual, behavioral or affective outcome, they are controlling the subject's mind. this definition can also be applied should recreational use become feasible. you be might holding the remote for your implant, still counts as mc.

deep tmi implants have been successfully used to treat depression.

the types of implants being developed by braingate help people to enjoy lost mobility and function again.

deep stim has also been successfully used to treat parkinson's.

i'm counting on my fingers, and i just got to the middle one.

edit on 7-6-2015 by ATODASO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Specific therapeutic goals... can you write down three or four examples, please? One maybe? One example of therapeutic mind control would do. Try.

I can, supposed ones, anyway:
1) For soldiers on the battlefield, terrain or otherwise places unfamiliar where risk is high.
2) Undercover police operations
3) to help a schizophrenic perhaps deal with their other voices, assuming they really are mentall ill and not made that way, and assuming all else has failed. And, of course, assuming that once it's seen it isn't therapeutic, it is ceased and desisted.

Just because I can come up with some ideas about this, does not mean, however, I would ever think the benefits here outweigh the risks of harm.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

atodaso, that is pain relief, not mind control. Mind control has to do with the control of volition. So, I ask you again: do you know of any implant that is able to control volition? Obviously treatment of Parkinson, depression is not mind control.

Your definition is okay with me: use of a brain implant one mechanically alters the way the brain processes information, in order to achieve perceptual, behavioral or affective outcome if we change your last "or" by "and". So, is there any implant that you know able to do all that?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This is a very fine line, you've both outlined, in fact.
Changing brain chemicals alters perception and therefore, behavior. That is, controlling behavior.
That is mind control. There is no mind/body biological separation. Emotions are very much a physical experience. Brain chemicals very much inform perception and therefore, behavior.
And here's another link, with some 'history…:' Link

new topics

top topics

<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join