It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 132
<< 129  130  131    133  134  135 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATODASO

my first thought was to take your reply apart sentence by sentence and see if any meaning could be assembled out of the parts. but then i realized that that is what participating members have been doing here ever since you deigned to engage us. it's like you're generating your replies through a software program that kicks out a string of tautological nonsense onto which the reader can project their own meaning.

to me, it looks like a textual thematic apperception test. it gives the reader no useful information while providing you with a full profile of their thought processes on the subject at hand, as well as why they might think that way. it's an extraction device, not a conversation.

jmho.

You are my favorite ape, dude.

L. Ron Hubbard was a true master of that black art. A much more powerful and true magick adept than that pretender-philosopher-dissolute Crowley. Dianetics is written in such a way that some of it almost makes sense, but then seems to go above one's head. For some souls afflicted and seeking psychological succor, this made them gravitate toward the ginger guru so they could understand and reach the brass ring of Hubbard's brand of "enlightenment."

If Direne is using an algorithm (seemed likely to me too and probably has been discussed here before I think) then at least it's good for getting some material of personal interest hyper-Googled for me. Other than that--while I respect Direne's intellect--I'm not getting much here either.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

No. You just saw the statue, not the real angel. Much as George saw shadows, and not the real thing. You are George, most of the time.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Direne

Ah yes, of course, when talking about a statue of an angel one MUST be absolutely clear that it is in fact a statue one is talking about.
Then let me clarify, I saw that particular (statue of an) angel...

Rather below your standards that.

I use "your" in the plural sense of course.
edit on 3-6-2015 by Jonjonj because: addition

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Jonjonj, mentioning Adamski was also really low standard. Add to that the mention of Hubbard by GUT, and there you are: a thread about vampyrs. Gnomes anyone? There's room for them, too.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Direne

No. You just saw the statue, not the real angel. Much as George saw shadows, and not the real thing. You are George, most of the time.

Have to probably agree on the concept, but as to "whom" they might or might not be, I, so far, prefer my own counsel.

Does bring me to a question though: Are you aware of the "new age" mega-promotion that occurred around--and through--the "contactees?" Certainly set the 60's and 70's up.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Direne

Well, I simply said what I was seeing.

You see my avatar as a statue, others have told me they saw a rabbit.

That is because they were using small screens.

Perspective, I have given mine.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Does bring me to a question though: Are you aware of the "new age" mega-promotion that occurred around--and through--the "contactees?" Certainly set the 60's and 70's up.

oh them two-bit aquarian age hustlers and their links to american naval/cia intel.

you invest that much, you're gonna collect data for a few decades afterward. you might even contract out. amirite?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

GUT, why do you talk using the past tense? That new agey thing is alive and kicking even today. It has even infected physics, by the way. Never saw Michio Kaku? The show must go on, and on this planet everything is turned into a commodity for mass consumption. Aliens are no exception. Even CERN is now a spectacle. Soon you'll have live TV shows of a run chasing bosons.

My point is this: a disordered society, what visions does it have? I am interested not in what we can say about aliens, but what your views about them tells about your society.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

My point is this: a disordered society, what visions does it have? I am interested not in what we can say about aliens, but what your views about them tells about your society.

observation is participation. even by commenting on the spectacle, you partake of it. it's not his society, it's our society. that means you, bub. there is no outsider status.

do you see disorder? i see a complexity of organization that awes and baffles me. i see systems coagulating at light speed, finding equilibrium at an astonishing rate. there is nothing to be corrected from without. all potentialities are contained within the emergent system.

profile that.

edit on 3-6-2015 by ATODASO because: "suck on that", while a sweet vamp pun, is also a little out of line.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Okay, I'm game. But I missed the part of this thread where you maybe explained that you are not "one of us?" Maybe not what you meant by "your society" above, but it seems I do remember you stating you weren't one of "us?" Apologies if I'm confused on that, and the onus of ignorance is on me.

To your question: I know our society is sick. Probably terminally. I don't spend too much time these days philosophically and rhetorically imagining "them" or how imagining "them" might fix any of this. Not in any ETH kind of a way. Thought experiments can be useful and all, I'm not dissing the entire concept.

So, how does my personal understanding of our Spiritus-Socio Decline change me is my bigger question. It's time to gather closer and to love harder those around me and those I come in contact with who allow love. And occasionally doing my cyber-duty and helping to OUT online collection, dissemination, and human-use experimentation entities such as this wonderful pool (fish bowl?) big bro has provided for us here. Peace.

edit on 3-6-2015 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ATODASO

Did you ever come across any of that TIGER-study stuff? I brought it up a few times here and there. One o' them contractors you speak of. Ubiquitous buzzards that lot. Even have an interest in finding out how to determine false memories from true memories in others. The abduction phenomena is mentioned in connection. The Chair--mebbe Co-Chair--of that study sits on the Science Board of Directors here. A lot more to be gleaned from that study, but that and just a little more digging (a smidgen I tell ya) and some of the more confused amongst us here might actually shake some real shackles and blinders loose. Knowing where we are and deciding to play anyway is one thing. Not knowing is self-crime.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

naw, bud, i haven't. could you link it, or even plug in any passages that could help us out here? no worries, if not.

sounds like it could make for a nice thread, tho.

edit on 3-6-2015 by ATODASO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

When world-class scientists are working on intelligence-rated projects seeking ways to determine, influence, and manipulate "the behaviors of individuals and groups," how do you suppose they go about that? From the TIGER study:

in developing the methodology, the committee considered the end user (analysts and predictors of the behaviors of individuals and groups), the data available to them, the desired output, and the unique aspects (if relevant) of neuroscience research. Intelligence analysts were available for consultation throughout the project in order to ensure that the methodology was realistically applied, given the limitations of the data sets.

linkwww.nap.edu...

Do they get some volunteers and set them down at tables and try various ways to get folk to believe the red pill is blue, and the blue pill is red?

No, it requires a complex project that requires an unwitting community. Thusly, and noting all we have about MJ-12, SERPO, Kit's interests in memes and such, as well as the intelligence connections of it's main figures, and the fact that there is indeed a ready-made ufological community…well, I think it's a thesis that can't be easily dismissed.

We might also look again at this sentence from the TIGER study quoted above:

Intelligence analysts were available for consultation throughout the project in order to ensure that the methodology was realistically applied, given the limitations of the data sets.

Dr. Green is a current member of the National Research Council’s Standing Committee on Technology Insight—Gauge, Evaluate, and Review (TIGER).

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Not much context there, but should be a start. I'll bring more later and get to the point. Effing off here while I have the most important project of my life sitting before me. Prolly why haha.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
whatever the outcome of tiger or related projects, this place and pretty much every other are an open-source sandbox now.

lol, i wonder if fl is stepping on green et al's toes by playing in it?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm only saying--out loud anyway--that Kit has a professional interest in ufological memes. Let's look at the following again:

In the article titled Is Uncle Sam a Closet Ufologist? by respected investigative journalist Gus Russo we find some interesting information pertaining to our subject from a fellow called by the pseudonym, "Jim" who has been identified by various researchers as Dr. Christopher "Kit" Green. You'll probably reconize him yourself by the mini-bio:

Then there is Jim, whose professional history in the subject goes back to his personal involvement in the Stargate project in the 1970’s and as a participant in the legendary “Working Group” meetings in the eighties. As one of the intel community’s most senior medical analysts, Jim frequently communicates with UFOlogists.

Chris Iverson believes that Tom and Jim clearly have differing agendas, noting, “Jim is the person I have had the most contact with over the last several months and he seems to be interested in the spreading of viral memes over the internet, particularly in relation to this subject.”…

“The whole subject,” Jim says in wonderfully measured speech, “is composed of three components: delusion, sociological groupthink, and a kernel of truth.” Jim then reminds that he is first and foremost a medical scientist. “My interest in this subject is much, much more professional than it is personal. That is, 90 to 95% of all persons who are engaged fully with this [UFO] subject are psychiatrically ill, and by that I mean that they are on medication or should be.”

Jim elaborates that “viral memes,”[see below] in which disturbed people seek validation in numbers on the web, is, or should be, a growing public health concern. That said, Jim nonetheless has a real interest in UFO’s, and seemingly with good reason.

Both Tom and Jim seem to share at least one rationale for their internet excursions: studying the frightening potential of “viral internet memes.”

Coined by evolutionary theorist Richard Dawkins in 1976 (The Selfish Gene), a meme is a unit of cultural information that evolves the way a gene propagates from one organism to another, and subject to all the analogous unintended mutations. In the view of many, computers and blogs could function as powerful meme “replicators.”

Richard Brodie, the creator of Microsoft Word, notes, “Most of these viruses of the mind are spread because they are intriguing or frightening or inspiring, and not necessarily because they're true. That's the problem.” It doesn’t take much intuition to envision an enemy creating memes that can be used to destabilize a society, or a freelance predator utilizing them to cozy up to potential victims. Caryn Anscomb writes online,

“The UFO community has been deeply penetrated by the manipulators of information, who couldn’t really give a fig whether there might be any valuable data pertaining to Aliens and contact hidden behind the deafening noise. That’s not their business; their business is information warfare.”

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

It is with GREAT PLEASURE and PRIDE that we announce the addition of Dr Christopher "Kit" Green to the AboveTopSecret.com Team.

Dr. Green is not only one of the most congenial, genuine and PLEASANT gentlemen I've ever spoken with he is without question one of the TOP Forensic Medicine, Radiology, and Psychiatry & Behavioral Neurosciences and fMRI geniuses alive on this planet.

HUGE NEWS and AboveTopSecret.com Moves To the Next Level!

Them cats is everywhere ufological memes are sold!

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Could be Kit lol. Pretty good evidence he has "socked" elsewhere and came across quite the guru. Not saying you are, Direne. Just discussing the possibilities within the sand box.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

pretty sure it's this guy:

www.inf.ufpr.br...

kit has his strengths, but he couldn't write himself out of a paper bag. probably the data collection and analysis methodology the two employ are very similar.

edit on 3-6-2015 by ATODASO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Ahh...thank you. Has that been discussed before? If that I.D. turns out correct, Direne just became a lot less hot in my imagination. Your big brains are impressive though, Direne.

new topics

top topics

<< 129  130  131    133  134  135 >>

join