It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden unveils NSA Satellite SAURON Program targeting Citizens

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Snowden, who recently unleashed all the happenings behind the scenes in NSA has leaked another shocking aspect of NSA. This time around he has leaked something massive, that doesn’t only related to people is U.S., but, all the people living on this planet. According to him, NSA at the moment is spying nearly everything on this planet.

Article here

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
The more he reveals, the less inclined I am to believe him.

He is starting to sound like less of a freedom fighter and more of a bitter ex employee.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
This info was released by Snowden nearly a week ago.

Yet nothing mentioned in the MSM.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by lucifuge

A tip for next time, when your reading a blog or a website that refuses to post the source of the information ( in this case the interview ) then it'l probably be bull#.

I doubt he ever said this. Besides the NSA couldn't never come up with such a cool name

edit on 11-7-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Looking at information regarding this SAURON system, the oldest article i could find on it is from The Chronicle, which does not provide a source itself.

The Chronicle claims that Snowden had showed them slides relating to SAURON, but yet they did not provide any evidence.

Furthermore, i am willing to bet that The Guardian and the Washington Post are the only news organisations with exclusivity to Snowden's revelations.

I'm going to have to call bs on the story. As for the technology though; i am fairly sure that something similar exists.

www.chronicle.su...

EDIT:

And just clicking on the home page of the Chronicle brings up completely questionable stories:

"Snowden reveals HAARP’s Global Assassination Agenda"

"Snowden Granted Sainthood"

"North Korea grants asylum for Snowden"

"Edward Snowden killed by drone strike on Ecuadorian embassy"

"Snowden defects to Russia"

"Obama Pardons Edward Snowden"

"Intelligent Life Discovered in Earth’s Mantle"

"Julian Assange Dead at 41"

"Dinosaur mummy found in Antarctica"

"Kim Jong-Un cancels nuclear war, reveals he is K-pop star PSY"

Yeah, i think it's safe to say that this story is not legit.

edit on 11-7-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

And that not only the US has that capability, even if it may have more satellites doing the watching than any other nation, the French and Russians may have similar goggles (most nations with space lunch capability, even China, remember those targeting structures that were posted on ATS some time ago...)

In any case its a run till the end, keeping and maintaining this type of capability costs money and everyone knows that the US is bankrupt its just a waiting game for it to be acknowledged. This also does no violate international or even US national law (depending on how it is used).

Even so I find it strange that having the capability the bearded dude in the cave had to to be assassinated in Pakistan, that it took so much time to find Saddam and assassinate Gaddafi or that the "Freedom" fighters in Syria can't better place a bomb to terminate Assad leading me to believe that the functionality is not that great...

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
HOAX bin please.

This is a BS story, and Snowden would not be releasing that kind of mind blowing leak with nothing to back it up, no lengthy thoughts on it, no evidence and certainly not to some poxy third rate blogger no one has ever heard of.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

...couldn't never...

Completely hurt my brain

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Given the eye of Sauron was searching for the ring not resources it doesn't seem like they know much about LoTR

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Hmm thought as much when I saw the LOR reference. My bulls**t filter has been set to high for some time now, so whilst I'm clearing it out I thought I would run it through all your collective bulls**t filters just to confirm.

Even if this kind of high altitude, HD camera system is in place. With the constant change in our weather patterns and atmospheric pollution I can't see it being of much use, unless it's IR or otherwise.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
This story originated from the Internet Chronicles website, which is a SATIRE news site. They posted the SATIRE story on July 5. The OP's source on July 10.

The About page (edited for language):

At the Chronicle.SU, we take truth seriously. We take what we do so seriusly, untruths at chronicle.su are punishable by mutilation or death.

Sadly, chronicle.su is not of this earth. After crash landing in an asteroid December 30th, 1976, the alien husks of Chronicle editors rapidly adapted to Earth climates and bacterial flora. They are able to survive naturally in the wild and reproduce freely.

Here at chronicle.su, we take a liberal stance on drug abuse and theft of intellectual property, but that does not mean we are liberal because liberals are [snip] and I ain’t no steer-boatin’ [snip]!

Receiving tweets twice daily via fax from religious advisers impregnates our right-wing furnace of hate, enabling us to bring you the most horrifyingly sensational headlines you’ve ever seen, or your money back – guaranteed!
link

So yes. It should to be moved to HOAX or Jokes, Puns & Pranks.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

Err, ha sorry, English isn't my native tongue, sometime( most of the time ) I build my sentences directly from how I would say it in Dutch.

that and dyslexia makes one killer grammar combo :p.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
SATIRE NOT

Thank you Edward Snowden for opening the very real possibility that the Zionist inspired 'Patriot Act' will be repealed. I know that the Snowden revelations are critical if we intend to live as a free people. They are extremely important inasmuch as they have reached into the heart - and the psyche - of the American people; enough to say "enough is enough." This just might be the Patriot Act's "McCarthy moment."

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
snowden is a codename for igloo, making him an eskimo

edit on 11-7-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Since ignorance is intentional - notwithstanding any psychological aberrations - I can see why such a contribution was made to an otherwise sane discussion.

BTW.....I am concerned for you.........This - since you told us that "I'm 20 floors up in a hotel in Vancouver."

edit on 11-7-2013 by AmerigoVespucci because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Yeah, I just found all the shills by this thread alone. The ones that deny it happened that run their posts saying this was a hoax. I never thought I'd see so many flat-out denials and dissuasions persuading people to not believe that claim. There's so many socially engineered disbelievers it must have some merit.

That SAURON thing is real from where I stood. Not from a book or a movie but yeah, they did that. Not sure if it was NSA, but that's one of those authentic government flavor excited new recruits projects I saw in the ether before I knew what I was looking at. What was it, 1994-ish?

It could be a mistranslation of a word I heard, of something called sarin instead, but no, I do recall that excitedness of the college age men who understood the mythical origins of the name of the program. It could have been a program the likes of remote viewing or something, but SAURON was a real thing.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Enemy of the State Will Smith Style has come upon us.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AmerigoVespucci

& Sand....

Here's my thought. Snowden says they spy and everyone freaks.....ummmmhhhhh lets see, they've been spying since they invented mail. Since they invented the telephone back in 1906. Ummmmhhhh hello is anyone home!!! People actually have a reaction to Snowden? Like Frack me! People are actually that dumb? Get real they've been spying since the technology was invented way back in 1906 or whatever. To think this is something recent and isolated is so flippin rediculous!!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

SAURON is a satellite network having a number of low-orbiting high resolution cameras which can obtain clear picture of a matter on the land as small as a centimeter. The network is such large that it can easily cover the whole planet. According to the slides, which Snowden unleashed to Internet chronicle reporters the satellites gather all the images and gather them into one big pool for it to be seen again when wanted.

Hoax. NSA isn't in the IMINT business. It's a signals intelligence agency. One would think that was widely understood by now, but I guess not.

Of course there are IMINT satellites that cover the whole planet, that's how orbital reconnaissance works, and we've been doing it since the 60s. But they don't belong to the NSA, and their resolution capabilities are somewhat exaggerated here.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

No worries bud. Makes for interesting dialogue. I was just bored. Love your avatar pic BTW
edit on 12-7-2013 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<<   2 >>

join