It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA Approves New Big Pharma Pill Solution for Prescription Drug Addiction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Yes, that is correct. Big Pharma's solution to prescription drug addiction is . . . another prescription drug.

NaturalSociety.com [source]

According to Reuters, the drug Zubsolv is designed to treat addiction to prescription opioids like codeine, oxycodone, hydrocodone, fentanyl and methadone (which is ironically the prescription solution for heroin addiction). Together, these drugs are responsible for about 75 percent of prescription drug overdoses each year. They are all highly addictive, and they were all created, marketed and “sold” to the American people by Big Pharma.

But, of course, it gets even better:

The prescription addiction epidemic has led to the creation of mass prescription databases, where your pharmaceutical habits are tracked by doctors and pharmacists alike in many states. The legal crack-down has made it difficult for many to obtain the drugs they are addicted to. In an effort to lessen the wave of prescription opiate addiction, the legal system has pushed many already-addicted people to a cheaper, easier to score opiate high—heroin.

Orexo is hoping for $500 million in sales. I find it difficult to remark any further on this. Life is indeed stranger than fiction....

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
These two drugs are already currently on the market separately, the only difference here is it is combined and it has a different delivery system.

The only other treatments are so called "natural" drugs, (which are still drugs whether or not they come in herbs) *note, the one I am speaking of is legal* and the prescription drugs which have been used for ages now.

Some are just maintenance regimen drugs to help people ween themselves down and get their lives so they are manageable.

I recommend you don't use NN as a news source. They manipulate the facts on everything, and they are always pushing their views on people.

Opiates have been used for thousands of years now as medicine. They are also addictive. If drug companies come out with something that helps people using the addictive opiates decrease or cease using them with less impact on their daily function and social life it is very useful, not only that very humane.

There are many cases where people are in severe pain, get prescribed something for it and by the time they are recovered they are inadvertently addicted to the medicine. It is truly disgusting that there are not more programs readily available to help people as they ease out of this part of the treatment. Whether or not they abused it.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Well: Some love Western Medicine . . . and some don't.

There's nothing wrong with the source except that they have strong opinions. Doesn't necessarily make them either more or less correct in their views. But when you're fighting monsters it may be good to have strong opinions.

IMO.

edit on 7/11/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
That's like having sex for virginity.

Brain neutering drugs, blocking capabilities. The website says it was mostly made with an intention to stop addicts from using it in an abusive intravenous fashion like the other kind is used. Wow this is news to me, reading the Orexo company website claims; being reminded of the compulsive lying of addicts, I never knew they could abuse the other kind of opioid-blocking pill.

Their competition made 1.5 billion dollars in 2012. That's a lot of addicts; what is wrong with the nation? I wish the companies weren't such capitalists and could hand this stuff out without the layers of costs associated with recovery, like hospitals and doctors. That's a stack of obstacles for someone wanting to get out of an addiction loop.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I have read that megadoses of sodium absorbate Vitamin C is some kind of miracle cure for opiate addiction.
It is supposed to reduce the severity of the withdrawal by 70-90. % . Allow the addict to stop taking the pill/drugs
Without going thru the agony of withdrawal. I am not sure if this works or not . There are tons of information
All over on the Internet.

I myself after trying cold turkey, ween down using other prescriptions, like subutext found my savior in a Ibogaine clinic ini Mexico.

I won't go any further in because I don't wanna violate and TandC . But there are ways to get clean and stay clean
Addiction is truly a horrifying disease that cAn destroy your life and the life's of the ones you love the most.

There are definatly ways to make getting off easier but no miracle cures well none that I have been able to find .

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
reply to post by boncho

Well: Some love Western Medicine . . . and some don't.

There's nothing wrong with the source except that they have strong opinions. Doesn't necessarily make them either more or less correct in their views. But when you're fighting monsters it may be good to have strong opinions.

IMO.

They are being hypocritical, they complain about treating a drug with a drug but they also complain not giving drugs is causing people to use illegal ones, all the while promoting "natural" drugs.

Sorry to say, but opium is natural, and nearly the entire Asian continent was flooded with opium during the Opium wars, and all of them addicted.

There is no need for the hyperbole.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Boncho, perhaps you've noticed that I agree with you most of the time--perhaps you haven't. When I disagree with others, I prefer to do so diplomatically--and that's what I was trying to do.

But to be truthful, I'm not even sure I did disagree (except on the source). I didn't understand exactly what you were getting at in your post, and I'm not sure what you're getting at in the post I'm responding to now. Who's being hypocritical--about what? I don't really follow what you're saying.

Anyway, star for participating, as always....

ETA: Okay. Upon re-reading I do understand what you're saying. Yes, NaturalNews/NaturalWhatever is capable of hyperbole. Whether they're being hypocritical depends on how your parse what they're saying.

But let me come at this from another angle: All journalism is "advocacy" journalism. I undersand that. I don't take everything they say for Gospel; I temper it with my own personal views and common sense. But what they're up against (Big Pharma) is, in their view, one of the very Hydra-headed monsters that's destroying this nation, its economy, its physical and mental health, and the very foundations of our liberty and pursuit of happiness.

Some people like their style. Some don't. But I think we can safely leave it to other adults to make up their own minds....

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The entire OP fails to notice the fact that Zubsolv is the EXACT same formula of buprenorphine/naloxone as Suboxone (which is currently on the market) but with a much better (8 out of 10 participants in clinical trials preferred) taste

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

ETA: Okay. Upon re-reading I do understand what you're saying. Yes, NaturalNews/NaturalWhatever is capable of hyperbole. Whether they're being hypocritical depends on how your parse what they're saying.

Here is the problem I have with this issue.

On one hand, you have corrupt drug companies (this is documented fact as nearly all of them have received criminal convictions in the court of law) and on the other hand you have natural news, (which lie or manipulate information to make it as though the drug companies are the only bad guys on the stage).

NN, and all the rest like them, usually push "natural" remedies whether or not they are proven effective, just as hard as the drug companies do.

They are wanna be drug companies.

When I hear these stories I want to hear them relating to the consumer level.

Is this new drug a profit making ship for the drug companies? Yes. If there is wide access to people will it be beneficial? Yes.

Is a "natural" answer the key? No. Is the drug companies' answer the key? No.

Are there natural answers that can be as beneficial as the drug answers? Yes.

There needs to be reform in our very fundamental thoughts related to the issue. And instead of someone to clear away the hyperbole, we have NN, making it worse. Dem vs Con wars passing over to a new stage.
edit on 11-7-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

I agree all those drugs are very addictive. Especially methadone. People who use methadone to get off heroin are trading one high for another. Suboxone is less addictive than methadone and it is also used to treat addiction. If your on heroin I would suggest you try suboxone before methadone. One 5 mg methadone will make you high. Suboxone dissolved under your tongue as prescribed will not make you high but will take the physical effects of withdrawal away. The psychological part will always be there. Unless your getting your fix from methadone. Corrupt drug companies make me sick.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Also I'm glad I can agree with you boncho.. Reform is needed. See you round the forums

top topics

join