It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if you found out that you were actually a Cylon???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
It would be rad to be an ancient cylon.

One that has been there and done that.

One that couldn't remember his past.

But once he heard a song.

A song that made him remember.

I would have loved to live on that 13th colony.

Row, row, row your boat.
Gently down the stream...
Merrily merrily merrily merrily,
Life is but a dream!

Awaken, number 7!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I found I was a Cylon, the first thing I would want to know is ...
... am I still under warranty?
... what dealership can I take myself into to have warranty-repairs done at?

If am a Cylon, I am definately an older model.
So, hopefully they don't practice Apple-style planned-obsolescence.

edit on 2013-7-11 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Splling.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
To 1 its based on perspective... For could an actual well designed, detect its actual features or builders? for example in relation to thread OP why if some wished to fit others within a society would they not have similar genetic makeups (body inside and out) as to remain undetected especially with all the sensors...

Again perspective because the understood characteristics of real are subjectively based on the individual perceiving themselves and their surroundings, or what they understand is themselves
and so material self understanding. Out side usually but in also.

If organ cloning facilities-tissues and bone regenerative facilities existed (in open) as well as advanced AI system that transferred actual Soul-Spirit-Internal Energy from one body (environment suit) to another actual body transfer tech -detach from original body or even mind moving techs that still require original body -attachment were to exist after so many cycles (playing in these techs) how long do you think it would take until you forget who you were/are keeping in mind computer ability advancing over time and so tech better, harder to perceive or detect self or YOUs.

And even further mind scape capture temp holds ? (inhabitant conscious systems) where conscious can be embedded into mind scape or land scape made from collective of interests minds until tech or AI detects conscious re implantable zones where material for new environment suits has been evaluated and observed to fit to Continue/grow/live from last STOP/damage point/negative activity causing need to seek new scapes.

Perspective, this is hypothetical

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by spartacus699
What if it was revealed that actually many humans were actually just andriods, but that it was not revealed to the rest of the public because tptb were trying to integrate andriods into the human society and didn't wan to alarm people. So you got checked out or it was made public that you were infact a Cylon. And so you go checked out and sure enough.

You still doubted it because you had memories of your childhood, (you found out they were implanted) so you freaked out and jabbed a knife into your forarm, cut it open a bit and you found steal tendens and metal bones. That's when you realized that you actually were a Cylon!!!

But all along you were very spiritual, and you say always believed you had a spirit and soul. You believed in a "creator" and you believed in the next life you'd go to heaven and stuff like that.

I know this sounds strange but really this could happen in the future. What would you do? Or what do you think would happen if this kind of event went down???

Your thoughts?

reverse psychology. you are a cylon if you forfeit your creative faculty (the ability to think for oneself) and rely solely upon logic. this is what a robot is, it takes instructions, does not question, because it cannot think. this is what society is trying to do to u. power hungry men are trying with the help of monsanto and others to destroy man's creative ability, yet harness it for use at their will and purpose. this is the moral of the story in bladerunner.

my advice, you're not a cylon.. yet! hopefully. try not to become one.
edit on 11-7-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-7-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

If I found out that I was an android, presumably and hopefully an evil one, I would track down the OP of this thread, and strangle him slowly and joyfully, until he was dead.

As an evil android of a proud and superior race, I do not like to have our existence even slightly exposed. No loose ends. eeeekh...!

edit on 11-7-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

AN ANDROID OKAY goshhh! They're all the same to me. lol

I was afraid that you would say that.

In that case I would go for the "C-3PO" maneuver: outlive everyone so that someone is around to write it all down and tell the story.

There certainly is a difference.

Thanks for a fun idea for a thread.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
What if you found out that you were actually a Cylon???

I'd find me a nice Sharon.

She was Hawt for a robot.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Ohh... busted... >.<

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
If I found out, that under my flesh, was solid steel bar, and nano fibre mesh, I think I would be forced to crack the knuckles, and force my hands through the sternums of a few thugs every night, just as a work out, plus removal of several power structures which do not need to exist on a national level.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Oh how I miss the old days......................

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Incognitum ergo sum.

S'all I'm sayin' yo.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Incognitum ergo sum.

S'all I'm sayin' yo.

how true !

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
To be honest I would be very, very happy. I have a strong dislike for a majority of people throughout the world. People are destroying this beautiful planet and refuse to take responsibility in making this world a better place. I would be one of the first people to transform myself into a machine if I had the chance.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
If I found out I was a Cylon like the Battlestar Galactica kind i'd be extatic.... living essentially forever so that would be a very great thing.

I watched a movie on Netflix called "Doomsday Book"....I recommend you watch it if it's still on Netflix. It's three stories in one movie. One of the stories (the best one) tells the tale of a Buddhist robot who was sentenced to be dismantled and he and his fellow monks were sad about it. It was an interesting look at what I think could be plausible in the future.In my opinion anything can learn to love, to feel, to believe in more than just itself.

I'd be freaked truly to find that I was robotic but it wouldn't change the way I feel I don't believe so anyhow. Would be interesting.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Cylon, Replicant or some generic android....thinking that this discovery would MATTER to a non-human being...thats the 1st problem. Any of those prob wouldnt be thinking like a human so none of it would matter to that pers...er...entit-...ah..repli...oh...android...if it aint a REAL HUMAN...this all wouldnt matter to it...ah...them..er..those.

Whatever....I got a chip in my capacitor....

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Brings to mind the Simulated Reality Hypothesis that tells us we could be living in a computer simulation. There is a lot of debate at the moment around how to prove or disprove the theory, to the extent of trying to simulate Quantum Electrodynamics on a supercomputer.

The idea is, if we can create a perfect simulation of the Universe in a computer then, in all likelihood, we ourselves are living in a simulation, because otherwise we would be in the special (anti-Copernican) position of being the 'hardware' layer instead of being just one of a long and maybe infinite series of 'software' layers.

So if we are living in a simulation then our minds are ultimately software, which is a bit of a downer, but on the other hand it could mean our consciousness is transferable, maybe immortal.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots

AN ANDROID OKAY goshhh! They're all the same to me. lol

I was afraid that you would say that.

In that case I would go for the "C-3PO" maneuver: outlive everyone so that someone is around to write it all down and tell the story.

There certainly is a difference.

Thanks for a fun idea for a thread.

but wait the org trilogy c3po was obi's
then the vomitiligy little annie made him
wouldn't c3po remember that little annie made him in the next ( org ) trilogy?

I'd do r2 instead he remembers and everyone understands his beep boops
that little dude has some bolts to do what he did
hes the yoda of droids

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
well I know I am quite human now as I have gotten to see my leg torn open up close and personal. Car accidents can be a bitch when intrusion crushes your legs. if I found out I was a droid, I would probably just self destruct in the process of attacking the enemies of the public.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Would make the last few moments of my ending life count. also would look around for answers to see why this happend

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
I woke up groggy and sore much like I always do. I cut myself the other day and bled a little before I healed and I noted a bad bruise on my back because I felt how bad it hurt! I smelled the air after a brief rain and watched the clouds in the morning sun as I heard the birds making their songs. Moments ago I just ate a sandwich with some chips, it Tasted great.

My memories of my past are hazy as ever...

But I fail to see the difference if I was a replicant/clone/Cylon or human as I thought about writing a response...

Whatever I am I try to enjoy it.
edit on 11-7-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

only a cylon would notice that much crap when they just woke up. The rest of us need a few cups of coffee first. So you MUST BE A CYLON!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join