It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if you found out that you were actually a Cylon???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I have seen enough of my bones and internals to be sure I am all flesh / blood - except the implants

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Wait a second, cyclons were also made of flesh and bones... watch BSG - new series for more info...

How one of new cyclons look....

Yes, we need more #6!!!

And what about if some (or all) of us are product of engineering... well, I would wonder why we are not perfect...

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

The thing about it is, you wouldn't actually be alive to begin with, you might think you're concious, or the AI is highly advanced and gives some illusion of being so, but you're actually not, so if you're shut down there's nothing left.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
First off, love the title. Totally grabbed my attention!

I guess it could be possible, especially if you look at the human body as some sort of organic robot, because we essentially are. I mean, come on, we're hurling through space stuck to a ginormous rock! So just about anything really could be possible. But I'd like to think it's actually more like Dark City out there in this crazy mess we call reality, if I would have to choose on what type of construct ''this'' actually is. I'm not sure why, it just sounds cooler lol.

At the end of the day though, I think the Holographic Universe theory is the most awesome!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Well if it was a flesh and blood Cylon from the BSG reboot, I'd dig it totally, I get to live out life like a normal human being, then if I walk in front of a bus, whammo I'm in a room full of tubs of me just hanging around in goop waiting for me to die again. All of which, mind you, happen to be at the perfect age.

As well, did you even look at those female cylons? Oh my I'd not shed a tear for my former life to wake up to a room full of those.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

dam that catch 22

2nd_______________

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
I would have loved to live on that 13th colony.

You mean the place that nuked itself except for 5 survivors and was still a lifeless, radioactive wasteland thousands of years later? Yeah, living there must've been a riot.

edit on 11-7-2013 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Since I'm pretty sure that Cylons don't have ugly C-section scars and gravity doesn't affect their fleshy parts in quite the way Mother Nature has maltreated mine I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that I'm human!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

Yes, we need more #6!!!

No way, #8 FTW

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

1 would hope the prime objectives then where complete and wait for next objective

edit on 7/11/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Wasn't this the theme of Terminatir Salvation?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I woke up groggy and sore much like I always do. I cut myself the other day and bled a little before I healed and I noted a bad bruise on my back because I felt how bad it hurt! I smelled the air after a brief rain and watched the clouds in the morning sun as I heard the birds making their songs. Moments ago I just ate a sandwich with some chips, it Tasted great.

My memories of my past are hazy as ever...

But I fail to see the difference if I was a replicant/clone/Cylon or human as I thought about writing a response...

Whatever I am I try to enjoy it.
edit on 11-7-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

I better be a T-800 model or I'm not playing!

But seriously, what could we do about it? I'd continue to live my life as I have. With the thought that I'm cooler then I thought I was and definitely cooler then you humans.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Im guessing you made this thread from the idea of the hologram reality theory?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Also would this then mean everyone encountered following the thread premise of the life data being downloaded was (AI-droid) also?

AI-droid being part artificial intelligence as well as CREATOR Creation keeping in mind those from your life who still are in this existence range, are they AI-droids as well how does/would the download work?

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I'd be cylon for sure. Since cylons are technically immortal or at least were.

Someone kills me, I redownload and I'm back in the fight.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
When I hear cylon, even though I've seen the show in it's entirety. I cannot help but think to the robot chicken episode when the creator of Battlestar Galatica is running around claiming everyone is a cylon shooting them with a shotgun. And therefor am brought to a series of mid toned chuckles.

So if I found out I was a cylon, I would look out for the creator and the barrel of his shotgun, otherwise, I'd try and find all my other same looking cylons and form a cylon gang or R&B group and dominate the music scene and tell bieber to go home and cry about it.

True story bro.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

You are a Cylon- I have undeniable proof!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

This is what it would be if man became machine
are they among us? We would not be told.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperFrog
Wait a second, cyclons were also made of flesh and bones... watch BSG - new series for more info...

Yes, that is true, one of them even leapt back and forth through time as a hologram, helping to put right what once went wrong, hoping that each leap would bring his friend home....

Anyways, Android, hmmm....would we be running on Ice Cream Sandwich or Jelly Bean?
edit on 11/7/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join