It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama administration urges federal employees to spy on each other to avoid leaks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure every employer, everywhere, private or govt., requires all employees to report behavior that is illegal or against company/service/employment rules, codes of practice, etc. Why on earth is this news, and why on earth would the Russians be crowing about it since they pretty much invented having people "spy" on each other??
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I'm sure this type of business environment spying is going to be much more extensive than the average business. I'm sure they already do spy on their employees, but this will take it to a much higher level. I wouldn't be surprised if management would plant an employee who would be working along side other employees, while gaining their friendship and confidence just so they could retrieve their personal beliefs and thoughts.

Nothing like being paranoid at work, and having someone secretly taking notes and recordings of an employees personal beliefs, which wouldn't necessarily mean they would become a whistle blower. So if you feel that something is unconstitutional or corrupt, the NSA can charge you with espionage and being a traitor without even acting on it? They would have a free hand to lock anyone up for life based upon their own perspective. It's like children minding the candy store.

This clearly prevents any NSA employee to become a watchdog for our constitutional rights. It's not like a normal business where if you're caught doing something wrong, the worst thing that can happen is for you to lose your job or receive a possible fine. This will completely envelope the NSA and prevent them from being accountable to any illegal or unconstitutional acts.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Fantastic.
They just copied the text out of Nineteen-Eighty-Four and switched the word party with employee!

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The biggest threat to the Romulan Empire are the Romulan traitors within!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
The biggest threat to the Romulan Empire are the Romulan traitors within!

Dude, very uncool but you just brought out my hidden nerd. I did a full-on, gruff "Mnek-nra!" in response to your post and my fiance is now aware of my greatest secret ever--I know a little Romulan.
He's calling me a nerd.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join