It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama administration urges federal employees to spy on each other to avoid leaks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Obama administration urges federal employees to spy on each other to avoid leaks

rt.com

President Barack Obama has asked that federal agencies launch an unprecedented campaign requiring government workers to monitor the behavior of their colleagues and report potential leakers under the threat of prosecution.

McClatchy reporters Jonathan Landay and Marisa Taylor wrote Tuesday that the “Insider Threat” program mandated by Pres. Obama utilizes methods that, while meant to identify security threats from within, actually provoke co-workers to spy on one another.

The program is unprecedented in scope and hopes to prevent future instances where government secrets are spilled.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Through the program, employees are asked to monitor the behavior of their peers, and could face hefty penalties if they fail to alert higher-ups of a potential breach.

What is this North Korea?

My deal with this is either,

A: They have something to hide and too many people know about it.
B: Obama is just super paranoid right now and he feels like he's losing his grasp.

Maybe a little of both. What do 'ya think ATS?

rt.com
edit on 10-7-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Hmmm, where have I read something like this before? Oh yes, I remember -

A culture of fear and force was everywhere. German civilians were encouraged to spy on each other in order to fulfill their duty to the state.

TOTALITARIANISM AND NAZI GERMANY UNDER HITLER

politicalpathologies.wikispaces.com...

I'm pretty sure Obama has a lot to fear!! He's got so many skeletons in his closet it's bigger than Imelda's shoe shack.

edit on 10-7-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Obama has some many skeletons right now he prolly lost count of how many he's been involved in. Not to mention it happened in a pretty fast time frame...

Such a fail administration and I knew it from day one.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
'The most transparent administration in US History'.

Sun light is the greatest disinfectant!

I have to tell you Obama whoops I meant de Furher, I have seen your work, it has been weighed, it has been measured, and it has been found wanting. Daniel 5:27
edit on 10-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure every employer, everywhere, private or govt., requires all employees to report behavior that is illegal or against company/service/employment rules, codes of practice, etc.

Why on earth is this news, and why on earth would the Russians be crowing about it since they pretty much invented having people "spy" on each other??

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Obama implemented this in 2011 ...

Insider Threat was authorized in October 2011 after Army Private first class Bradley Manning sent classified intelligence to the website WikiLeaks, an action that government prosecutors argued in court this week aided al-Qaeda by indirectly providing them with secret documents.

By no means am I supporting the current Executive / Legislative / Judicial branch of the US govt, but this is nothing new, or breaking in that regard..

If the citizens of the United States don't already know this, or have ignored it, we collectively deserve whatever our elected feel they can do to us.

The very things that were granted us, with "the Grand experiment" seem to mean as much as the wrap on a Christmas present... tossed on the floor, stepped on, and trashed, in order to see what the prize is...

Never knowing that the wrap was the key....

The lock unopened is...

Freedom...

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

So it was implemented in 2011 to stop people like Manning

Guess Snowden never got the memo which pretty much proves it was virtually ineffective

But hey they are still spying on each other to 'prevent' more people like Manning, no wait, Snoiwden no wait til the next reality tv star comes along.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
For those who aren't fans of RT: tv.msnbc.com...

"Loose lips sink ships."

"See something, say something."

"What you see here, what you do here, what you hear here. When you leave here. Let it stay here."

Straight out of the 50's indeed. I thought we grew out of that stuff somewhat but I guess they just stopped making kitschy posters for it and turned it into executive orders instead.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The intent of that initiative tells me that the govt wants the folks within govt (if they want to remain employed .. or move up the ladder), is to report their fellow coworkers who may question anything they seem wrong...

It's like the govt sponsored anti whistleblower initiative...

Nothing like a comfortable work environment

I laugh only because the other option is to cry...

Folks need to wake up, realize the left right black white gay straight deal is all an intentional effort by TPTB to increase the decibel level to the point that they can do things like this with very few folks seeing the shredding of the Constitution.

Freedom isn't free doesn't only apply to soldiers on the battlefield, the folks at home should be the one's who defend it on our soil...

I don't see it, all I see is apathy, or desire to fight each other on issues that while important to whatever side you choose, in the long run, without the freedom to have those discussions, those issue become moot.

/soapbox

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
And so the witch hunts begin once again.

The fear of fear, becomes the fear.

What a ridiculous and pathetic country America has become.

He may as well have just stood up and announced to the world; "America is scared of its own shadow". He is displaying weakness to anyone smart enough to see it .. Which would be every other superpower in the world.

My how the mighty have fallen. What an IDIOT!
edit on 11-7-2013 by BornOfSin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

The intent of that initiative tells me that the govt wants the folks within govt (if they want to remain employed .. or move up the ladder), is to report their fellow coworkers who may question anything they seem wrong...

That sounds like 'hey let us know if the wrong doings are getting out so they can do a better job of hiding it'..

It's like the govt sponsored anti whistleblower initiative...

But that is where the 'transparency' comes in if they never made it an issue.

Yep freedom isn't free as this generation is the most 'un free' in this entire countries history.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Should be interesting (I am sure, as an employee of the Federal Government I am at least flagged). I will report; as I always have, abuses to the system. Call it my military bearing to call out fraud, waste and abuse. I can care less if I am scoffed at; ridiculed or even fired. If my co-workers or even myself am doing something wrong; speak the hell up.

Now, this doesn't mean going out of your way to find classified information so you can leak it and gain your 2-weeks of fame on the Internet. I am talking day in, day out bull that I see all the time. I am unpopular. I make people groan when they want to do something that is "grey area". Don't care.

Will I go out of my way to gain access to information I normally don't have access to? Nope. Will I speak up if I see someone do that? Absolutely as that is our normal procedures for OPSEC.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
1 big joke. Its almost like I'm having a nightmare and will wake up soon............only this is real life.

Now i need to consider which other country can a man live in peacefully without fearing their own Gov.

Or stay here and get ready to help the masses do something about this once we reach that critical mass.

Had dreams about this as a little boy, all of us standing up to this crap, together, rebuilding, starting anew, fresh, clean slate.......

It keeps getting closer...........

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Reporter Obvious on the scene, reminding the viewers at home that government workers have gotten the memo about the national security measures. You know they have a whole portion of government dedicated solely for looking for leaks, and their agents hunt down the haunts of the departments and bureaus. Creepy skills, as though they can see the leak as a deflating balloon around a person and lines of vapor trails of people as they enter and leave their workplace.

They spy on each other you say? That's called the business of climbing the corporate government ladder.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I wish people were awake. We would never stand for those crooks in office. Talk about leaks, first of all they'd be stripped of their income and pensions and medical and imprisoned. The documents would be examined for details of crimes, corruption and what they've been up to and alot more people would be stripped of all assets.

In addition, all their bases would be itemized, down to the last item and all the people they've kidnapped and tortured freed.

OBAMA grow up before its too late, for you are not off any cosmic hooks. You have no authority over sovereign free people and are but a pimply faced mcdonalds worker.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
All the leaders need to become whistle blowers and actually inform the public as to who they have met with, who is threatening their family, who is pulling their strings, name names and show their crimes. I want all the shadow government arrested.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

Through the program, employees are asked to monitor the behavior of their peers, and could face hefty penalties if they fail to alert higher-ups of a potential breach.

What is this North Korea?

My deal with this is either,

A: They have something to hide and too many people know about it.
B: Obama is just super paranoid right now and he feels like he's losing his grasp.

Maybe a little of both. What do 'ya think ATS?

rt.com

RT may seem to think this is a new thing and I know how much you all hate Obama, but this has been going on since at least the McCarthy years - are you all really so naive?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Well, how very Hitleresque of him.

not saying that others have not been like this... Just that the current administration is making great attempts at leading the line of villainous dictators.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

That was my initial thought of this was it sounded very Nazi Germany like or even North Korea like in the way it was worded.

I know this has been going on for decades, but I think the paranoia is reaching new highs...

-SAP-

<<   2 >>

join