It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian opposition chooses Saudi-backed leader

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Syrian opposition chooses Saudi-backed leader

www.d ailystar.com.lb

ISTANBUL/BEIRUT: Syria's fractious opposition elected a new leader on Saturday but rebel groups were reported to be fighting among themselves in a sign of growing divisions on the ground between factions trying to topple President Bashar al-Assad.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com
www.ft.com

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I had noticed this news story wasn't even posted as a breaking news post i am not so surprised into why hasn't being posted.

For some others they would still like to believe that the Free Syrian Army are an actual Freedom Fighter Group rather then an organization that is financed by the Saudis and even supported by them. The matter of fact still stands is that the FSA are nothing more then salafis. And thus some people cant accept that truth.

Jarba the newly selected opposition is well known and respected among the Syrian Muslim Brotherhood. And here we had John McCain reassuring us and everyone else.

That he can find the moderate vetted Free Syrian Army brigades but with the selection of Jarba that is highly unlikely.

Has now Saudi Arabia is leading the Syrian opposition, as its voice and arms trader.

www.d ailystar.com.lb
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
That's a very long and interesting article you posted there. I did have this part jump out at me though...

As hostilities drag on and resources grow scarce, infighting has increased, both among opposition groups and the militias loyal to Assad, leaving civilians trapped in the middle.

The latest internecine clashes were in the town of al-Dana, near the Turkish border, on Friday, local activists said. An opposition group known as the Free Youths of Idlib said dozens of fighters were killed, wounded or imprisoned.

Followed a bit further down with...

The exact reasons for the clashes have been hard to pin down, but many rebel groups have been chafing at ISIS's rise in power. It has taken over the once dominant Nusra Front, a more localised group of al Qaeda-linked fighters that had resisted calls by foreign radicals to expand its scope beyond the Syrian revolt to a more regional Islamist mission.)

Now all that really doesn't sound good. So Nusra was too moderate? Is that basically what it's saying?

I feel for the Syrian people. They aren't hardcore Islamist people as I understand the nation. They won't enjoy a bit of life if these guys win, IMO.

new topics

join