It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's dawn

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I'd like to hear some of your opinions on what our military would do in the event of a revolution.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by stutteringp0et
reply to post by firemonkey

Originally posted by firemonkey
tell me one right I no longer have

Let's just go down the bill of rights - one by one

1st: www.washingtontimes.com...
2nd: Please, this is under constant attack. Do I really need to provide a link?
3rd: Not yet
4th: One word - PRISM
5th: Supreme Court says Silence = Guilt
6th: soitgoesinshreveport.blogspot.com...
7th: lawsquawker.blogspot.com...
8th: "Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted." - When has the government not required excessive bail, imposed excessive fines, nor inflicted cruel or unusual punishments?
9th: "The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people." - HAH, the Government believes that the only rights we have are those they allow us to have...
10th: We fought a civil war over this - and lost it.

Oh, you only wanted me to name one right you no longer have... Sorry, I had 9...but I'm sure they're working on a way to violate the 3rd.

edit on 11-7-2013 by stutteringp0et because: fix formatting

Here is the thing, and my entire point in this thread. Those are rights YOU think you have lost...not me. I could counter each one of those and show you how I have not lost those rights, but that is my opinion versus yours.

But my point is that YOU and the OP think the government is tyrannical and taking your rights away...and yet you are doing absolutely nothing about it. I am doing nothing because I don't see a problem....but YOU claim there is this huge problem and assault on your rights and yet you still just sit there doing absolutely nothing.

I'm morally intact, I don't see a problem...so I have no need or desire to do anything. However, you, the op, and others in this thread are crying about how oppressed you are, how your rights have been stolen, and how the government is the bad guy...and you do nothing about it except whine about it on the internet. In my eyes, that makes you and the others so outraged by all this morally bankrupt.

So I stand by my statement, don't preach to me about "not being awake" while those of you that are claiming to be awake are sitting on their hands doing nothing.
edit on 12-7-2013 by firemonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
We all know who runs this country from behind the scenes. We all know who the trolls are on here that put out false info. Anyone that has done even mild research knows that Rockefeller started the CFR and their connection to the Federal Reserve. We all know about his tax foundations and how they "nudge" education and policy. For those of you that don't know here are some links to hopefully peek your interest and start your own research.

Hillary admitting she is "told" what to do by the CFR
www.youtube.com...

Norman Dodd on tax exempt foundations
www.realityzone.com...

Brad Thor on the Fed.. I know he's a thriller writer but he is correct when he says the Federal Reserve is not part of the Federal Govt. It is a private bank that charges us interest to use "their" federal reserve notes (money).
www.nbcnews.com...

Abraham Lincoln's thoughts on Bankers.. he was speaking of Central Bankers, not the local family owned branch on the corner.
notnumber.wordpress.com...

No country will have peace until the private central banks are dissolved. The ECB, the Fed and all other private central banks dictate policy to the politicians they own for their own interests, not the peoples.

I started with this back in 2006:
www.iamthewitness.com...

Didn't know if that time line was accurate or not so I started reading the source material and double checking those out as well.

One interesting quote from Spartacus Weishaupt in the late 1700's in Proofs of a Conspiracy written in 1798 on page 109.
"We must acquire the direction of education-(Norman Dodd's investigation above)-of church management-of the professorial chair, and of the pulpit. We must bring our opinions into fashion by every art-spread them among the people by the help of young writers. We must preach the warmest concern for humanity-(my favorite lie)- and make people indifferent to all other relations. We must take care that our writers are well puffed, and that the reviewers do not depreciate them; therefore we must endeavour by every mean to gain over the Reviewers and Journalists; and we must also try to gain the book sellers, who in time will see that it is their interest to side with us."

If you controlled the money of a nation and were not accountable to anyone do think you could spread some wealth around and create say a newspaper and/or a reading society that got promoted in your paper? A group that reviewed the, so called, best writers like the Pulitzer or the Noble Prize for your other endeavors? My guess is yes, back then anyway.

sorry if the links have to be copied and pasted, not sure how to inbed or quote from outside sources.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Another interesting quote I found:

"This movement amongst the Jews (the Russian Revolution) is not new. From the days of Spartacus Weishaupt to those of Karl Marx, and down to Trotsky (Russia), Bela Kuhn (Hungary), Rosa Luxembourg (Germany) and Emma Goldman (United States), this world wide conspiracy for the overthrow of civilization and the reconstruction of society on the basis of arrested development, of envious malevolence, and impossible equality, has been steadily growing. It played, as a modern writer, Mrs. Nesta Webster, has so ably shown, a definitely recognizable part in the tragedy of the French Revolution. It has been the mainspring of every subversive movement during the Nineteenth Century; and now at last this band of extraordinary personalities has gripped the Russian people by the hair of their heads and have become practically the undisputed masters of that enormous empire. There is no need to exaggerate the part played in the creation of Bolshevism and in the actual bringing about of the Russian Revolution by these international and for the most part atheistic Jews. Moreover, the principal inspiration and driving power comes from Jewish leaders."
Winston Churchill Feb. 8th 1920 Illustrated Sunday Herald

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I am not saying this a Jewish thing. I have no issue with Jews just their fake leaders and their central banks.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
You are correct, this IS Americas dawn. At no time since the revolution have we as a republic been in such a precarious spot, and the very future or our God given liberty be at stake. There have been many many true American patriots speaking out for years now about the erosion the true American way of life that have been labeled as conspiracy theorist or hate groups. We are seeing the waking of the American people to the atrocity's of our so called Government. So, now we see it, but what to do about it? We must rise! We must speak out now or forever be silenced. If the Egyptian people can assemble 14 million than why can't the people of a republic whose very founding was born through protest?

YOUR life, YOUR republic, YOUR choice. RISE!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe - "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

I

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle
I do believe in secession because we have no standing to change any existing laws. That's the way they set it up when in fact the united states is nothing but a huge conglomerate of very different people sewn together like a patchwork quilt, the only thing binding them together being federal legislative stitches that clash, sometimes violently, with the fabric that is us. The seams bind too tightly and there is no give.

We are not the United States of America and we never were, we are living in the contiguous states of pros and cons. So why go on pretending otherwise?

The difference between special interests groups and freedom loving types is that special interests are bonded by mutual accord which gives them tensile strength, while freedom lovers will happily allow others to live according to their special interests even though they would choose not to be sewn next to them in the quilt. They are given no choice. Being united means there is no escaping the stitches that bind unsightly plaids and stripes together short of ripping out some seams and making a new quilt.

We the people, taken as a whole, have no common interests, we have no shared devotion to specific principles, we have learned to expect nothing from anyone and they seldom disappoint. But most of all, we expect nothing from ourselves except to get from one day to the next while avoiding a personal catastrophe. Its hard to explain why I think that is and the quilt thing is probably a bad analogy, but while we are joined together by outside forces, we are separated by laws and ordinances that prevent us from designing and making our own quilt.

I don't really recall asking for an explanation or reason for secession, but I can definitely understand where you're coming from.

The main point of my post was that if the 100 thousand Americans(you included?), who signed the secession petition, did not immediately storm the streets in protests after being quickly written off than I don't think we can expect to see any kind of real change in the future.

Obviously everyone here can see that America is slowly weakening, and deteriorating. I don't know if its an age issue or what, but I've noticed this trend for at least a couple of years. The main reason why I don't believe in secession is that the very notion almost always seems so culturally bias, and racially separatistic. Even your post seems to suggest that as well with your very understandable patchwork quilt analogy which just seems to explain segregation.

Regardless of how I feel about Secession I do find it absolutely odd that there was no congressional hearing or anything in regards to the petition. In my mind I thought if we were truly supposedly this free, democratic country that is influenced by the people than wouldn't congress at least hold a hearing or debate perhaps? It might have been unpatriotic, however I think it would have at least made sense and showed some kind of empathy to a group that may feel marginalized.

On the other hand, I thought WTH is wrong with these people to expect a country to just willing give up land? Like where does that happen? I can get past the racist undertones, because I live in Texas and secession is a topic that comes up every 10 years and fails. The main difference here is that there was actually a huge amount of support for this proposal.

And the kicker is this if it was really such a big deal to secessionists than why didn't they protest and march?
Each day I view various issues and events that happen in America and people love to take to the internet and express their outrage, and rant and rave in the comment section. However nothing ever seems to change. Its all fun internet fodder, but nothing more. Personally, I dislike some things about America, but I don't feel like any of it will ever change so I suck it up and focus on the things I do like. I think that's what everyone does. They drown themselves in social media, and entertainment and laugh at sucky creations like 'Sharknado' and go about living their life.

Just out of curiosity did you sign the petition, and if you did what did you do when it was completely and utterly ignored?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamusic

I don't really recall asking for an explanation or reason for secession, but I can definitely understand where you're coming from.

The main point of my post was that if the 100 thousand Americans(you included?), who signed the secession petition, did not immediately storm the streets in protests after being quickly written off than I don't think we can expect to see any kind of real change in the future.

Obviously everyone here can see that America is slowly weakening, and deteriorating. I don't know if its an age issue or what, but I've noticed this trend for at least a couple of years. The main reason why I don't believe in secession is that the very notion almost always seems so culturally bias, and racially separatistic. Even your post seems to suggest that as well with your very understandable patchwork quilt analogy which just seems to explain segregation.

Regardless of how I feel about Secession I do find it absolutely odd that there was no congressional hearing or anything in regards to the petition. In my mind I thought if we were truly supposedly this free, democratic country that is influenced by the people than wouldn't congress at least hold a hearing or debate perhaps? It might have been unpatriotic, however I think it would have at least made sense and showed some kind of empathy to a group that may feel marginalized.

On the other hand, I thought WTH is wrong with these people to expect a country to just willing give up land? Like where does that happen? I can get past the racist undertones, because I live in Texas and secession is a topic that comes up every 10 years and fails. The main difference here is that there was actually a huge amount of support for this proposal.

And the kicker is this if it was really such a big deal to secessionists than why didn't they protest and march?
Each day I view various issues and events that happen in America and people love to take to the internet and express their outrage, and rant and rave in the comment section. However nothing ever seems to change. Its all fun internet fodder, but nothing more. Personally, I dislike some things about America, but I don't feel like any of it will ever change so I suck it up and focus on the things I do like. I think that's what everyone does. They drown themselves in social media, and entertainment and laugh at sucky creations like 'Sharknado' and go about living their life.

Just out of curiosity did you sign the petition, and if you did what did you do when it was completely and utterly ignored?

Well I didn't mean to butt in, just expressing my opinion. And while the stripes and plaids analogy probably did come across as racist that was not what I had in mind. But I can see where you might get that impression and I apologize for it, I was mostly referring to how people want to live with people who THINK like they do, sharing common goals/ideals. To be honest there are races that I agree with more often than I do my own so I should have been clearer about that.

Meanwhile there would be plenty of people who would choose to draw racial lines and I don't know how something like that could be handled without forcing people and force is one thing I'm against.

I'm not at all saying the separate states/regions could not hammer out and agree on overall policies together, such as the protection of the whole, I just think it would be better done going from the PEOPLE of the states to the top than from DC down to the people. It hasn't worked so far and it won't.

But I agree the feds will never address anything to do with secession because they don't HAVE to, they own it all as it is and they're the only ones who would be losing land. In some western states up to 80% of the land is held by government.

Look at it this way, you can dam up a river but without constant maintenance it will eventually fail and the water will break free and seek its own course. The same is true with people. The dam is getting ready to break.

We've seen what protest and marches accomplish. Nada. So I don't have the answers but secession sounds like the only workable solution. And no, they wouldn't let us leave unmolested so .....

ETA: I forgot to answer your question

No I didn't sign a petition. Petitions are as useless as .. well, lets just leave it at that.

edit on 12-7-2013 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

I absolutely loved this post. Anyway, I think that we shouldn't lose hope yet. I just don't think that people have come to fully realize what is going on until it actually hits them. The general consensus on this thread (which is a pretty good consensus) is that it hasn't hit the middle-class or upper middle-class. I can't remember what exactly was said, BUT the point is that not all americans have not been hit yet. Give it time. Once it does I personally think all hell will break lose. I mean if Egypt isn't a model for what needs to happen, I don't know what is.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Once hope is gone, then motivation is lost and it is a failed cause. Even if you have lost hope in others, have hope in yourself!

There really are people out there who are trying to make a difference. In using the tools and systems that are in place in a different way, I think we can pull ourselves out of this.

Many will wait for it to be done for them, or wait for a single person to truly charge in first, but the reality is that we ALL have gotten into this mess together, and that is how we must get out.

I think its all about approaching everything we do with the idea of enabling ourselves and others to live in a more prosperous way. As it stands, our cultural story is to build systems that control. This manifests from the top down.

The clarity and publicity that the "top" receives almost creates the illusion that "they" are the sole source, but in doing so, we forsake the power that we truly have as "the people." I believe that by taking personal responsibility, we have to face some hard realizations, but at the same time, we can start to build the roads that will lead us out of this current "desert."

Regardless of "who" is to blame, each and every one of us can build a small piece of that road.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
You guys should really read about this...

noconstitutionforyou.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

This madness will not end until we act, it will not end until every American is touched by the greed, the corruption, the fear and the brutality of this government, it will not end until we put a stop to it

That's a great point. And people aren't going to act until they start losing something tangible. By that time, I'm afraid it might be too late.

One thing I've been wondering about lately is that every day we see article after article about government over-reach, loss of constitutional rights, and a general dislike of Obama. If everybody really wants Obama out of office, then who did vote for him ? Where are their voices in defense of the man that promised change ? Other than immigrants and Obama phone owners (any color,race).

Before someone gives me a lesson in how the electoral college works, how did he get enough popular votes to claim the delegates in the electoral college ? On second thought, never mind. If an illegal alien can produce a birth certificate and make it to the White House, altering the electoral college would be a breeze.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
So long as there is Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo, Internet, Movie Theaters, 60" Televisions, Cable TV, Satellite TV, iPads, iPhones, computers, Netflix, DVD players, and the likes of which take attention away from what's going on in the world, there will never be a revolution of the kind the United States had in 1775. As long as all this type of entertainment is in place, there will never be a revolution of the kind that is taking place in Egypt and Syria today.

All the corruption, in the United States government, has become so massive that it's a type of sensory overload. When you sit and think of all that is going on, it's hard to comprehend. It's even scary to comprehend just how massive and obtrusive it is to everyday life. So instead of facing that reality, people turn on their televisions, iPads, and the Xbox to get away from that reality.

Only when the Playstations quit, and the internet goes out, will the mass population come out from behind those rose colored glasses. Only then will they start taking interest in what's going on around them. However, I believe whole heartedly that our government knows how mind numbing mass entertainment is and how it is the only way to keep people so occupied that they are oblivious to the government's actions.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Here here, Marvelously well put and I commemorate your capability to voice your opinion with such dear honesty and well implemented arguments. It's about time you bloody yanks stop fussing about, form a allegiance amongst yourselves and take your country back to where it belongs, it's people.

Good things

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by putnum

Yay!!! Bravo, that needs to be known by all.

Until we know who we are ~ and who we aren't, we will do nothing to make ourselves who we should be

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

"We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

www.brainyquote.com...

Abe Lincoln.

Sounds like a hall pass to me.
edit on 12-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by putnum

that is one of the greatest and most enlightening things I have ever read.. Thank You!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by oldetimehockey4
I'd like to hear some of your opinions on what our military would do in the event of a revolution.

Our military, much like that of most first world countries is comprised of the people next door. When enough people of critical mass had formed and demanded change they would do what is right, our military are for the most part, uncorrupt despite their training to treat people of different races and ethnicities as non human combatants.

The military is not what you need worry about, it is the heavily militarized police and the DHS. The force Obama said himself was needed at any expense and a force that he himself built. The DHS....... What do they do exactly? Keep us free from terrorism? On pure numbers alone, that argument is a complete joke, their yearly budget compared to terrorism in this country in the last 10 years is shocking at best and criminal at reasonable.

Much like the TSA, the DHS is there for the sole purpose to quell domestic uprising because the federal government knows that it has placed itself beyond law and they at this time fear the people rising up in numbers. They do not count on the military to carry out unjust orders against it's own people and so we have the DHS, federal storm troopers willing to do whatever it's commanding branch of government tells them too.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

America will endure and overcome the corruption in this government my friend.
This, a country of many and dedicated patriots will never ultimately allow such brandish and blatant tyranny to sit on an inflatable throne. Though it may take martyrs, perseverance and ultimately lives, our republic will once again return to a state of freedom by abolition of unjust, unwarranted and unconstitutional federal power that has been expertly inserted to rob us all of our rights.

America will never go quietly into the darkness or fail to fight when all the cards are on the table. All that is happening now is a process by which we force the people who would betray our fundamentals and our way of life to lay their cards down and by doing so, expose to the masses their illegitimacy through their own agenda.

Ideas must preempt action because once you understand the idea, the action is unstoppable and freedom just as much as liberty is a cause we can all understand, it just takes some people longer to accept those they trust are doing their best to rob them of it in the first place.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join