It is impossible to know for certain at this point what lead up to Michael Hastings fiery crash. What we do know is He was traveling at a high rate of
speed through a 35 mph semi-residential area.
The last known sighting of Hastings was at the intersection of North Highland Ave and Santa Monica Blvd. as he speed through a red light. Minutes
later His Mercedes-Benz C250 left the road in a fatal accident.
Where was headed at 4:30 in the morning? Why was He driving so fast? We may may never truly know the answers but may I suggest this?
Was Michael Hastings trying to get to a Foreign Consulate and died while trying?
1. Michael Hastings researching Jill
case before death
2. Email from Michael Hastings before crash mentions
3. Michael Hastings contacted WikiLeaks lawyer
just a few hours before he
died, saying that the FBI was investigating him.
4. Michael Hastings crashed on the 400 block of North Highland Ave. heading South.
1. A mile and a half further to the South on North Highland Ave. is the intersection of Wilshire Blvd.
2. There are 6 Foreign Consulates on Wilshire Blvd. Three of which are Latin American.
a. Consulate General of Bolivia
b. Consulate General of Bangladesh
c. Arab Republic of Egypt
d. Consulate General of Argentina
e. Consulate General of Turkey
f. Consulate General of Brazil
3. From the Crash site the furthest Consulate is right at 3 1/2 miles.
ATS Big Picture
Blue triangles = Direction of Travel
Red Cross = Crash site
White Arrows = Foreign Consulates
Is it possible Michael Hasting was trying to make it to a Foreign Consulate for an unknown reason?
After contacting WikiLeaks lawyer Jennifer Robinson was He seeking to "Go off the radar" concerning the FBI probe and the story he was working on?
Was it His work on his book about John Brennan (John Owen Brennan), the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency and former chief counterterrorism
advisor to U.S. President Barack Obama. ( Contributed by WanDash...Thank you! )
We may never truly know the all the answers, but there are many great minds here on ATS.
Contribution of Consulates in Los Angeles on Wilshire Blvd. by JBA2848 ....there's a bunch...Thank you!
List of diplomatic missions in Los Angeles
edit on 10-7-2013 by miner49r because: Credits and Contributions