It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freaky Webs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vegemite
Daddy Longleg venom isnt toxic and there fangs can penetrate human skin and playing music to plants does make them grow faster. Just watch the Mythbusters people

Daddy long leg venom has to be toxic all venom is if it is lethal to humans is another story.

I saw that Myth buster and they didnt not even work with the right types of spider.More then one spider bares the name daddy long legs and they only worked with one.

Dont even get me started on their plant myth test they messed that up pretty bad so all results from it were pretty much junk.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I have hear that the 'writing' spiders do that to attract prey.....Of course it doesn't hurt that it makes the webs easier for clumsy humans to see before they walk through them!

I have observed the yellow and black garden spiders for years, being rather facinated by them as a child, but in the last few years their numbers have seemingly gone down. They used to be quite a bit larger in size, even the ones where I do not use pesticides seem a paler version of the ones I recall from years past. This may be due to natural changes, or outside intrusions of pollution and weather changes...whatever the reason, I miss the impressive ones I used to see in my Grandmother's flower beds.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
frayed1 it was a black and yellow one I saw that got me interested. It was quite big, bigger then any one I have seen make a web. I cant say I have seen many to compare the size too though.

It made a web outside my slider door man it was cool to watch it catch and eat.

[edit on 20-11-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpenMinded

They came to recognize me as I approached and would jump out in the middle of their webs, awaiting their snacks!

This is simply amazing. Spiders actually posess the cognitive ability to recognize a friendly human?! It makes you wonder how much we don't know about the sencient abilities of the animal/insect world!

I sometimes thought spiders could see and recognize people. Although, OM, your observation is waaay cool.
Like the spider would be walking up the wall, and stop as I approach, and it's as if it was looking at you.
(PS I do not kill spiders in my house unless they make the unfortunate mistake of landing on me. I figure a few spiders is better than whatever bugs they eat,)

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I dont know about a spiders ability to recognize a human through sight. Web-building spiders have very poor eyesight they can pretty much tell light from dark and thats it. Pretty amazing since they have 8 eyes. The mainly use their sense of touch to feel vibration in the air and along their web.

Hunting spiders on the other hand have good eyesight at short distances and their eyesight allows them to form images of their prey and mates

Perhaps there is some way they remember the way he breaths on the web or something. But I doubt they can tell by looking at him.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Hey just FYI .. this is Snerdey and I've never seen ballooning spiders before. So I misspoke about them having wings.. it was spreading out it's legs.

No tricks and sure the tree was young but it looked so old with all the webs.

When I was video taping the webs in the sky, the sun was really showing the webs 1,000's of feet in the sky. It was truly a site to see.

I placed the video on our website cause it was related to what we do.. websites.

LOL

Believe what you want.. but, truth is the sky was full of webs.

Thanks,
Snerdey

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The 'spider webs' are probably a product of chemtrails. Clifford Carnicom found these mysterious fibers to be much smaller than real spider webs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join