It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is snowden still alive?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

He didn't wake up. He was eager to be 'them'. But he decided he'd be more important by being a leak.

My god, now he's christ?

You really do worship anyone that is in the spot light, unity, dont you.

From child killers with innocent eyes, to mung bean hackers with sad eyes. They're all innocent and being persecuted by the new bogeyman.

As long as they're in the spot light, you only see an angel. I don't get this at all.. the only way I can even contemplate such overly eager desire to see good in people accused of wrong, leads me to utter frustration at the sheer ignorance of it all.

???

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Because if he was killed it would draw more attention to what he has done and more attention to the content of the leaks.

I think you're right there. It's called the martyr clause. One bullet will legitimise everything he's said.

Plus, he's in Russia. Last, there's a lot of quiet protection for people in his field. The US gov is not the most powerful military force in this field, just the loudest.
edit on 11-7-2013 by HiAliens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vrillion
You can't be killed for this. He would first have to have a proper trial and he would probably be put in jail. He should hide in an embassy.

I believe the question was outside the scope of the normal American justice system...

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
He's a super agent. He's probably the kind that can float past suspicion and whitewash people's minds so they don't see him. Probably can do things like, walk in the astral dimension and hypnotize masses of people. Maybe he's the kind that can walk through walls.

Kind of makes me think, is this all part of the plan? Then I go what plan? The plan to make a Snowden Superstar.

It's a sick gimmick from Skittles. They're chasing the rainbow of Prism. It's a big masonic brand label ritual. It might be some sort of reverse spelling to counteract the occupy attendance. In the middle of his name is "ow" which reminds me of occupy wallstreet. The protestors want a fresh reason to protest, give press gave them Snowden.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

1. He's on foreign soil with the eyes of the world on him.
2. Killing him would make Obama look 100X more like an evil dictator and would destroy his credibility worldwide, with millions of people demanding their government break ties with the US.
3. Snowden has already stated that he has an insurance policy, he has shared locked information with others and if anything happens to him it will be released - killing him will not stop the information from coming out.
4. Using any force in any way to try to silence him while in Russia would create the circumstances for at least another cold war.

Just look at the fracas caused by the US trying to block that flight from leaving. The image of the US has already been significantly tarnished all over the world. No one trusts the US government already, from citizens of other nations to governments. The US has to be extremely careful with this, or risk turning the whole world against it.

Some foreign governments might look like US puppets, but the people are not. The US can expect significant boycotts over the coming years already. If they did anything to Snowden, that would happen immediately and with considerable impact.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sandalphon
He's a super agent. He's probably the kind that can float past suspicion and whitewash people's minds so they don't see him. Probably can do things like, walk in the astral dimension and hypnotize masses of people. Maybe he's the kind that can walk through walls.

Snowden > Chuck Norris

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
So Snowden is stuck in Russia (we assume he's still there, anyone have EYES on him? didn't think so) and lately, the US and Russia have been applying pressure through proxies. Here's a scenario I'm a little surprised hasn't been floated yet. Russia kills Snowden. Sets up a patsy, maybe another CIA spy they catch? Blames the US and laughs all the way to the bank as the administration scrambles? Maybe Snowden gets killed in a random robbery?

Really though, as someone mentioned, the mass population has a short attention span, keeping him alive will allow them to move on to the next story, killing him will keep him present and relevant for a long long time, not a good move at all.

At this point, do the details of the leaks even matter anymore? It's out there, you might as well assume EVERY company is cooperating, every telco is working with them. There's no point in silencing him.

Domestic (within the US) telcos are working with the NSA either by choice, or government mandate. The trunk links that make the internet and telecommunications systems global, those massive bundles of fibre cables, are being tapped. Governments outside of the US are running their own domestic spying.

Does it really matter what specifics Snowden has left?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
my opinion is that he could have been the spark that woke all of us up and set things up to "take the power back" but since he totally screwed up, mainly seeking refuge in what we deem enemy countries he lost all clout with patriots because you can't back someone seeking asylum in an enemy country.

the government knows this and is why he's no longer a threat so they're not interested in killing him, otherwise he would have been dead long ago.

anyway.. that's my 2 cents..

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

He didn't wake up. He was eager to be 'them'. But he decided he'd be more important by being a leak.

My god, now he's christ?

You really do worship anyone that is in the spot light, unity, dont you.

From child killers with innocent eyes, to mung bean hackers with sad eyes. They're all innocent and being persecuted by the new bogeyman.

As long as they're in the spot light, you only see an angel. I don't get this at all.. the only way I can even contemplate such overly eager desire to see good in people accused of wrong, leads me to utter frustration at the sheer ignorance of it all.

???

Circumstances creates heroes just like it is meant to be. If he is awakened or not is not important. He did the right thing.

Most heroes are unsung and unknown.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by HiAliens

Because if he was killed it would draw more attention to what he has done and more attention to the content of the leaks.

I think you're right there. It's called the martyr clause. One bullet will legitimise everything he's said.

Plus, he's in Russia. Last, there's a lot of quiet protection for people in his field. The US gov is not the most powerful military force in this field, just the loudest.

US is very good at propaganda but are underneath only a bully. They clearly learned from Joseph Goebbels and became even better at misleading and controlling the opinion of the people.

If their was any balls in the goverments in EU then all trade with the US should be suspended and all visum for the US citizens should be rejected. Maybe if the world around US react harshly and impose sanctions the voters will finally wake up and throw out the greedy and corrupted.
edit on 11-7-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Says who he's still alive? Nothing recent coming out, no pictures (in a public airport), no sightings, no live interviews, no radio interviews...

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
to be fair i think the USA are still evaluating the situation, he says he has alot more important stuff he can share, memory sticks sent to others etc just incase...

Also in the news now it says he maybe on his way from russia! little news or proof yet though..

Good luck to him

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I still disagree with you, if all he did wrong was to tell information I would have no issue with his actions. Still he can not even be in comparison to Christ. The dude stolen information too, and went to another country.

Why did he need the information in the first place?
Why did he keep it?

There had to been another reason to keep that information. He downloaded it to use it somehow. If he was just speaking out that is one thing, but keeping information and going to a different country is another.

There is nothing Christ like in his actions.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

If their was any balls in the goverments in EU then all trade with the US should be suspended and all visum for the US citizens should be rejected.

L by L, I agree with the first part of your post.

The EU are just as corrupt.

Honestly I dont think its a good idea to suspend trillion dollar bilateral trade. Imagine what'd happen to all those small business owners. They'd get punished cos of a political spat.

Its up to the people to expose this... The guy's on Twitter.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Banquo

There is this thing called reality. We live in it. Well I do. That is why Julian Assange and David Icke are dead right? If they were really gong to kill him they would have hired someone else to do it that has no link to them whatsoever. Which is nearly impossible to do.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrillion

I guess you have not been keeping up with the news. Obama has stated that he can and will kill anyone anywhere in the world, including US citizens, without a trial simply on his say so. I forget which Representitive, maybe Rand Paul, started a filibuster to force the Executive branch to state they will not kill a US citizen on US soil unless there were exigent circumstances.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

That is my theory as well. I suspect he does not want to destroy the US government, just clean it up, but has the capability to do so and has let the gov know about it and that info will be released if he dies.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostingmiranda
I am not so sure if the U.S. wouldn't. ... How would we know if the United States doesn't kill traitors or create "accidents" in which the person dies.?

Bradley Manning, Robert Hanssen, Aldrich Ames, Katrina Leung, Ronald Pelton, Jonathan Pollard, Phillip Agee, John Walker, the Falcon and the Snowman, countless others I would have to look up .... The US doesn't murder foreign penetrations/defectors. Not even when they could easily get away with it. That's movie logic, it has more in common with Jason Bourne than reality. It assumes that Snowden is somehow different than everyone who has come before, and the US will violate long-standing behavioral norms because of him. Snowden isn't new or special, he's just the latest in a long line of betrayals. Unless he grows a real beard and starts doing YouTube videos calling for Jihad, he's perfectly safe.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerk_Idiot

Source or hearsay. You choose bro.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

This interview released today with the journalist of the guardian that is releasing info explains it.

"Snowden has enough information to cause harm to the U.S. government in a single minute than any other person has ever had," Greenwald said in an interview in Rio de Janeiro with the Argentinean daily La Nacion.

"The U.S. government should be on its knees every day begging that nothing happen to Snowden, because if something does happen to him, all the information will be revealed and it could be its worst nightmare."

If something happens to Snowden, the SHTF for the US government.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join