It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Republicans: Permanently Delay the Implementation of Obamacare

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

All 45 Senate Republicans are calling for the implementation of Obamacare to be permanently delayed. The senators make their request in a letter to President Obama. "We write to express concern that in your recent decision to delay implementation of the employer mandate, you have unilaterally acted and failed to work with Congress on such a significant decision. Further, while your action finally acknowledges some of the many burdens this law will place on job creators, we believe the rest of this law should be permanently delayed for everyone in order to avoid significant economic harm to American families," the senators write.

Obama has already basically acknowledged that the ACA is an atrocious piece of legislation that is already damaging our economy when he bowed before his corporate masters and delayed implementation of the law for businesses. Now Senate republicans are finally showing some backbone and requesting he do the same for average Americans.

Under the individual mandate, the IRS, which is still under multiple investigations for unfairly targeting conservative groups, will play a central role in the implementation of the health care law in our country. Last fall, the Congressional Budget Office estimated that nearly six million Americans, primarily in the middle class, will have to pay a tax under the individual mandate, which was two million more than previously estimated. When the Affordable Care Act is fully implemented, the average individual mandate tax will be nearly $1,200, which clearly contradicts your previous statement that the individual mandate “is absolutely not a tax increase.”

www.weeklystandard.com...
Premiums have skyrocketed, while coverages have been cut. Hours have been cut for many employees. Doctors are leaving medicine in ever increasing numbers. This law is an epic failure and Un-Constitutional to boot. All tax bills MUST originate in the house, not the senate.

Do the right thing obama, repeal this law before it completely tanks the economy and kills thousands of people.
edit on Wed Jul 10 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: added source

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
How do you permanently delay something, that is a contradiction in terms.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
I would guess by just not funding it's implementation. This my just be code for repealing it altogether though. A measure I fully support.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Not very much experience with government bureaucracy I guess?

My neighbor when I was a kid had a couple of guns stolen in a breakin. Cops notified him they found them. He went to get them. They werent there. Was told they were in storage and would be pulled within a week.

Long story short my neighbor died of old age. Never got the guns back.

Government is the king of the permanent delay.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

The way I see it, they could completely stop implementing any more parts of the Affordable Care Act and just keep the parts that have already been implemented and many of thei most desired goals will have been reached other than every single citizen having insurance. As it stands now people with pre-existing conditions must be accepted albeit at a higher premium, children can stay on their parents insurance longer and hospitals may not discharge patients until they are absolutely positive that the patient will not have to come back for the same problem within 30 days. Keep those things, along with any other part already in practice, in place and ditch the rest- it's a win/win situation.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

The way I see it, they could completely stop implementing any more parts of the Affordable Care Act and just keep the parts that have already been implemented and many of thei most desired goals will have been reached other than every single citizen having insurance. As it stands now people with pre-existing conditions must be accepted albeit at a higher premium, children can stay on their parents insurance longer and hospitals may not discharge patients until they are absolutely positive that the patient will not have to come back for the same problem within 30 days. Keep those things, along with any other part already in practice, in place and ditch the rest- it's a win/win situation.

How about this. Repeal the ACA entirely, then write a new bill with just those three items. This would protect us from any further "surprises" from the bill our lawmakers never read.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

That's a good idea in theory, but if we were to give those three things up even temporarily we might never get them back. After the whole ACA debacle it may take literally YEARS to get any medical related legislation passed even in the near future- too much partisanship.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Not very much experience with government bureaucracy I guess?

My neighbor when I was a kid had a couple of guns stolen in a breakin. Cops notified him they found them. He went to get them. They werent there. Was told they were in storage and would be pulled within a week.

Long story short my neighbor died of old age. Never got the guns back.

Government is the king of the permanent delay.

I used to work for government.

Your talking about something done by stealth, I'm talking about something put into words, which frankly, is fecking stupid.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I don't understand why that's such a contradiction in terms. It just means declare it will never be implemented. They probably suggested it because it would be a lot easier, less time-consuming, and less controversial than formally trying to repeal it....

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
reply to post by smurfy

I don't understand why that's such a contradiction in terms. It just means declare it will never be implemented. They probably suggested it because it would be a lot easier, less time-consuming, and less controversial than formally trying to repeal it....

they can't repeal it, they have wasted millions trying to already.
what else can they do when it fails to happen 37 times?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Whatever that can delay this idiocy from being implemented is fine with me.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Hell yes!

Any democrat's on board with this?

The whole thing stinks to high heaven. Not to mention its even BIGGER Government in the long run!

On a funny side note, Congresses approval rating should shoot to double digits now.........

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The only reason republicans resist obamacare is because it will cost the insurance companies profits. Why in the world would anyone expect an insurance company to lose a dime of billions in profits just to get medical help for a child? That's why republicans refuse health care reform. Money plain and simple. It also goes a long way to show the republican frame of mind. "If the kid can't afford health care then let them die". That's the republican way. Feed the rich.
edit on Thu July 11th, 2013 by damwel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I think everyone has missed what has happened. No one in Congress wanted this law, not the democrats and not the GOP. But the Democrats have been promising universal healthcare forever and when they had the opportunity with a majority and super majority in Congress, they found it that it was time to deliver. and so they delivered this abortion of a bill called Obamacare.

How can you tell the Democrats didn't want it? Firstly, if the dumocrats really wanted it then they would simply have had a buy-in provisions to allow people to buy into medicare and create competition for private insurers. and Secondly, because they stuck in a poison pill into the bill. The penalty provision is completely unconstitutional. And I expect that these dumocrat liars in Congress fully expected that the supreme court would do congresses dirty work and strike Obamacare down. Then the Dumocrats could simply say see we passed it but the GOP conservatives on the supreme court struck it down.

But what happened? I suspect that chief justice Roberts flipped sides, not because of political pressure or black mail but because he sought to protect the court from eroding public confidence in government. His vote to save Obamacare was essentially him flipping the bird at congressional dumocrats, tossing the poison pill back in their faces and saying, don't use the Supreme Court as your evil henchmen, do your own dirty work.

Now we are in free fall, we have law that no one in congress wanted but that the dumocrats had to deliver to fulfill political promises. With the Supreme Court tossing the rotten potato back to congress and the president I think we are about to see the whole mess go up in the faces of hypocrite dumocrats who will now have to show that they too never really wanted it. They will have to get rid of Obamacare or permanently shelve it with endless delays. This will erode dumocrat base support for them next election and given the Obama scandals we will have a GOP congress after the midterms. And after that a special prosecutor and impeachment.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The only reason there has been any delay is because of midterm elections. It would be a landslide for republicans once the effects of obamacare are implemented and people realize who forced this on them.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Great news!!

If they can push this move publically and get voters behind this action I think there is a chance we could actually see this work! Midterms are looming and we all know the dems are scared. I could see a bipartisan vote for this if enough pressure is applied by voters. They always stick a finger in the air and check which way the wind blows....

S&F

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
My fundraiser for "Give The Senate A Spine" is paying off!

edit on 11-7-2013 by beezzer because: Obamacare sucks

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

This is a scam, they are merely seeking reelection. Some of these guys voted for Obamacare. Once the midterm elections are over these same guys will fast track this stuff.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NihilistSanta
reply to post by beezzer

This is a scam, they are merely seeking reelection. Some of these guys voted for Obamacare. Once the midterm elections are over these same guys will fast track this stuff.

Sadly, I may have to agree with you.

Though it is nice to hope.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yeah sorry not trying to burst bubbles and I will hope for the best but I have 0 confidence in these career politicians upholding their word.

I also think that they need to keep the House and Senate divided and cant allow any kind of landslide victory because then the gridlock would end and we might actually start to accomplish something.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join