It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Butt Naked-Aka Joshua Milton Blahyi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Joshua Milton Blahyi (born September 30, 1971), better known by his nom de guerre General Butt Naked, is a former leader for the Liberian warlord Roosevelt Johnson[1] in the First Liberian Civil War known for his fierce, violent, and eccentric measures in the first years of the 1990s. He was originally a tribal priest, and since the war he has converted to Christianity and become a preacher. I watched a documentary called redemption of general butt naked and was compelled to start a thread about this man. He has done some terrible things during the Liberian civil war. He said he was responsible for about 20000 deaths. Probably exaggerated a bit but his life Is an interesting one. He commanded a child soldier brigade that tore apart villages of innocent people for no reason. He admitted using children as fighters because according to him they havent started thinking about their future. I can't give any links as I'm on my cell but look him up if this interests you. He got his name for fighting naked except for shoes and an ak47. His soldiers also faught butt naked. They relied heavily on African ju ju and many thought bullets could not harm them while naked. He disappeared when the war was dying down and he is now a preacher and he even visits some of his victims. Has anyone seen the documentary? Feel free to share your thoughts on this man and his terrible actions or his new life. However nothing can bring back the lives he has taken. Including the children that faught in the war at his command.
edit on 10-7-2013 by DarkNite because: Added info

edit on 10-7-2013 by DarkNite because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
He is featured in this..

edit on 10-7-2013 by introV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by introV

I would love to watch but I cannot stream vids on my iphone. (Cspire limits our streaming) but I will watch once I can. Thanks

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by introV

I know he is married now and I believe he has 3 children. I knew his name would draw a little attention so members could share their thoughts.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I watched a documentary in which he admitted to cannibalism, killing children and drinking their blood before a battle to give him and his fighters protection.
It was reported in the documentary that in some areas of Liberia, 90% of the population has eaten human flesh.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Yes they usually sacrificed a child and drank their blood before battle. Some ate people out of hunger and others out of craziness I guess.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this.

edit on 11-7-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The Liberian Civil War also gave us such memorables as The Tupac Army, General Mosquito, and his arch-enemy, General Mosquito Spray.

You can't make this stuff up!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

Lol that's crazy. General mosquito spray? Interesting stuff

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkNite

You guys might be interested in this. Its a blog I wrote about the making of the film.

ryanlobo.blogspot.in...

Best,

Ryan

edit on 12-7-2013 by ryanlobo because: I wanted to mention that the url i about the making of the film "The redemption of general butt naked"

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ryanlobo

Thanks man.. I see I'm not the only one who enjoyed the doc. The part that really moved me was when he visited the woman who had a little girl that he hit in the eye with the rifle butt and she forgived him. They all prayed and cried together. And right after he visited a boy who lost his whole family and he offered to be the father figure for him. He is a different man now.

top topics

join