It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten commandments of tyranny

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
What's the bible have to say about the authorities?

Romans 13
1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

Hear that? Don't fight the authorities, or god will send you to eternal hell! Just let them do what they want, everything will be fine in the end. They're doing it for YOUR good anyways.

How convenient for the authorities.

There's lots of verses that also talk about corrupt g-v. And tyrannical leadership. You can't just go by that one verse. If so then Pol Pot who killed approximately 30 million is justified. Nazi's who killed perhaps 15 million is ah okay. And if the nazi told you to march to the gas chamber, well you better do it because they know whats' best for you since they're the authority. A tyrannical g=v is not to be blinded obeyed. And you can't just take one verse out of the bible and say "see this explains the who bible". Resistance to tyranny becomes the Christian and social duty of each individual.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

So you're calling Constantine a liar. Alright. Well, I can't argue with that any more than you can prove he lied. Well then, I'm calling Jesus and every one of his apostles a liar. I can't prove it, but hey, as long as I feel that way, it's perfectly valid, right?
Let me think, maybe Constantine sweet-talked his subject to go fight wars for him? Maybe tyrants and dictators beg for their people to obey?

Newsflash: Emperors kill their own children and parents to gain and maintain their throne.

Mr. Gullible, he lied.

As for Jesus, that's another thread.
edit on 18-7-2013 by ThinkingHuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingHuman

Let me think, maybe Constantine sweet-talked his subject to go fight wars for him? Maybe tyrants and dictators beg for their people to obey?

Newsflash: Emperors kill their own children and parents to gain and maintain their throne.

Mr. Gullible, he lied.

As for Jesus, that's another thread.

I do hope you'll excuse me if I don't take your word for it. After all, that's how rumors are started. And only a fool carries rumors. I have an historical account by way of a man who was closely associated with Constantine, and I have no reason to disbelieve his account considering every other version meshes with it to some extent.

If you have proof that Constantine lied about his vision and subsequent dream, then I will gladly have a look. At this point, however, you have nothing but your personal opinion and an apparent willingness to believe that Constantine was an immoral warlord who would gladly use religion to his advantage with or without the instruction of any divine being. Which, quite frankly, just isn't enough to convince me of anything except you have an axe to grind against Constantine or whatever you believe he stood for.
edit on 18-7-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I do hope you'll excuse me if I don't take your word for it.

If you have proof that Constantine lied about his vision and subsequent dream, then I will gladly have a look.... just isn't enough to convince me of anything except you have an axe to grind against Constantine or whatever you believe he stood for.
Of course I don't expect you to take my word for it. In all my posts, my approach is always, don't BELIEVE what I say, also don't BELIEVE what the other guy says, verify for yourself. If it cannot be verified then recognize that YOU DO NOT KNOW one way or the other.

I just wonder, I am amazed, why you would choose to BELIEVE what somebody said whom you know nothing about (because everything you read has been rehashed through many hands - and you don't even know which hands).

I don't have 'an axe to grind' with that guy. I'd have said the same thing about Ceasar, Pharaoh, King, Kaiser, Czar, President.

They all exploit the public for their personal advantage. Power corrupts. In order to do that they need to lie, pretty much on a regular basis. And occassionally murder.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
reply to post by fastbob72

please stop spying on my computer accessories/browser history please.

I know you and your arrogant port sniffing buddies are looking into my computer.

please stop.
edit on 17-7-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

I don't particularly want to derail your thread as I've read a number of them and I normally find them interesting n well observed but you silence at my response is no better than the original remark.

Nor did you reply to my pm asking for an explanation.In the real world it wouldnt be worth bothering with,an accusation with nothing to back it up speaks for itself but on here with talk of government trolls,spys n the like common currency i'd like to hear what your remarks are based on in regards spying.

The part about port sniffing arrogance just shows you havent a clue what you're on about.

Don't bother appologising,back up your outburst with a little proof or an explanation instead of talking out your rear !!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by fastbob72

Tyrannical Commandment # 14

Never out shine the tyrant.

Tyrannical Commandment # 15

Truth is whatever the tyrant says it is.

Tyrannical Commandment # 16

Bread and circus. Race and Politics. Sex and Violence.Love and Hate.
edit on 27-7-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join