It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten commandments of tyranny

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
#1 Worship authority above all else.
#2 Authority always knows best.
#3 Kiss up,Snitch up, Move Up. Sell out.
#4 Public laws do not apply to authority. Authority is above public laws.
#5 Don't think. Obey.
#6 Authority never makes mistakes nor do they have character flaws. Only the public have character flaws.
#7 Fear Authority.
#8 Authority will take care of you.
#9 You need authority to exist.
#10 National security is the magic obedience wand. We can do what ever we want because of national security.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
What's the bible have to say about the authorities?

Romans 13
1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

Hear that? Don't fight the authorities, or god will send you to eternal hell! Just let them do what they want, everything will be fine in the end. They're doing it for YOUR good anyways.

How convenient for the authorities.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Sounds frighteningly accurate. No character flaws indeed...narcissism, is that you? I could barely recognize you under all that righteous bluster and false piety!

The fact is, no one does anything without expecting something in return, whether in this life or the next.
edit on 10-7-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Authority is grrrrreat!

Until they list you as a terrorist or terrorist sympathizer.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Until they list you as a terrorist or terrorist sympathizer.

Which really isn't all that hard to do. They just have to use one of their many, varied and highly classified assets to make something look like it's hazardous and a potential source of destruction, and they've either declawed you or given themselves reason to apprehend you entirely.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Plant "evidence", plant props, and stage the scene with blackop contractors. Censor the media and control the narrative. Spy on you enough to know about your personal life via prism and echelon then twist anything you do or say to look or sound like terrorism. Idiot public won't know the difference.

Tyrants are pretty good at tyranny.

edit on 10-7-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

"Romans" says it all

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

"Tell me, Winston — and remember, no lies: you know that I am always able to detect a lie — tell me, what are your true feelings towards Big Brother?’

‘I hate him.’

‘You hate him. Good. Then the time has come for you to take the last step. You must love Big Brother. It is not enough to obey him: you must love him.’"

O'Brien to Winston - From Orwell's 1984

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I'm half evil and God forgives.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

#10 National security is the magic obedience wand. We can do what ever we want because of national security.

Why do we view it in a different light than the NAZI's "State Security"?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

That is a terrifying reflection of Christian doctrine. Absolutely terrifying in its implications. Why is no one else able or willing to see this?
edit on 13-7-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

That is a terrifying reflection of Christian doctrine. Absolutely terrifying in its implications. Why is no one else able or willing to see this?
edit on 13-7-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Indeed it is. Few people ever see that facet of the exchange. Well done.

edit on 7/13/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Oh I was well aware of it. I just wish more could say the same.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Perhaps the 11th Commandment is "pee in the bottle when commanded to" ?

Yes, no question that submission to authority is conditioned into all of us. Black robes and priests help that effort.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Romans 13
1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

Hear that? Don't fight the authorities, or god will send you to eternal hell! Just let them do what they want, everything will be fine in the end. They're doing it for YOUR good anyways.

I suspect that Constantine wrote that verse for his own benefit.

I have never been able to submit to "authorities". I am a man. Other men think they can rule me. What makes them think so? Why not I rule over them? We are all equal, so no one has the right to tell me what to do. No one but God. He is not my equal. He is my superior. No one else is. So I have no reason to submit to them.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Robonakka

But if you're willing to admit anything other than divine inspiration, then the entirety of the Bible becomes suspect as well. If this one line was written with anything other than righteous intent, who is to say the rest of it wasn't as well?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Robonakka

But if you're willing to admit anything other than divine inspiration, then the entirety of the Bible becomes suspect as well. If this one line was written with anything other than righteous intent, who is to say the rest of it wasn't as well?
That is correct. Not just the Bible, all religious books to the extent that they command people to "obey their masters".

To the extent that they make the church the wealthiest landowner in the world.
To the extent that they help governments govern.
To the extent that they separate humans into 'sheep' and 'shepards'. Highly suspect.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Romans 13

Sounds like something the Holy Roman Empire would write

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Amendment to tyranny commandments #1

Rule of law? Bill of rights? Constitional republic? one nation indivisable? Liberty?
...Sit down and shut the h--- up slave!

Amendment to tyranny commandments #2

There are no rights. Only priviledges and responsibility to the god state.

Amendment to tyranny commandments #3

Only terrorists would hide from the panopticon. Only terrorists would want privacy.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11

Romans 13

Sounds like something the Holy Roman Empire would write

Constantine adopted it because it increased his power. Those who participated in promulgating it probably got promoted. It pays to please those in power.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join