It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphins May 'See' Pregnant Women's Fetuses

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I've never heard of this but it makes sense when you think about it

It is documented that dolphins do appear to be attracted to pregnant women, maybe this is why -

Using echolocation, dolphins might be able to detect a pregnant woman's developing fetus, some experts say. Dolphins emit sounds in their environment and listen to the echoes that return — a process that helps them identify the shapes and locations of objects. Doctors use a similar technique to image a developing human baby. Both involve ultrasound — high-pitched pulses of sound above the range of human hearing. "I think it's extremely plausible [dolphins] would be able to detect a fetus," said Lori Marino, a neuroscientist at Emory University in Atlanta who studies cetacean intelligence. However, "you'd have to really do a well-controlled study to make a definitive statement," she cautioned.

So dolphins can possibly detect unborn babies just like ultrasound scans?

Very sweet :-)

Link
edit on 10-7-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The body is mostly water.
It would make sense.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
That is so beautiful.

You can tell the Dolphin is happy.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I thought this was already confirmed, it's well known in dolphin training circles. In fact, when you go on those dolphin excursions on holidays, they ask if anyone is pregnant because the dolphins will circle the woman to protect her. In fact, many people have actually found out they are pregnant that way. (or so it goes.)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

In fact, when you go on those dolphin excursions on holidays, they ask if anyone is pregnant because the dolphins will circle the woman to protect her.

I guess that makes dolphins republicans.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Nice post.

My eyes watered.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau

Bwhoohoo...uh, Bwaheehee...never mind, I'm still working on it.

But it does kind of make sense. Pretty cool, if true.

edit on 10-7-2013 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

In fact, when you go on those dolphin excursions on holidays, they ask if anyone is pregnant because the dolphins will circle the woman to protect her.

Smarter than many humans already.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

That's very cool, I didnt know that at all. I was never really in to dolphins the way some people are, but this had made me like them more

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Ann McAffery wrote Dolphin Riders of Pern (sci-fi), in 1994. The critters in that book detected a pregnancy. I know, sci-fi, but....

The fluid in the ueturus would make that pretty easy. They can hear each other from miles away. Why not a fetus 4 inches away?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
There is always "that guy" that turns a thread into a political bait topic. Even a marine biology thread.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I have read that the Russians have been experimenting with this for years!
Not only having the expectant mother together with dolphins in pool at times during the pregnancy but also Water Births and having a Dolphin in a pool next to the one that the mother giving birth is in with a glass wall between the two!
If I was straight and my wife was pregnant I would definitely try to convince her to go the whole hog!
If what I have read is corrrect, I am trying to remember where it was that I read it, the child could end up being extraordinarily intelligent!

edit on 11/7/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

ETA. Reason being the dolphns actually can and do communicate with the unborn child! Of course I don't know if this is true but smoke = fire!
edit on 11/7/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Dolphins are matriarchal social beings. So that means they give first deference to the master mom of the group. That's going to be the woman with the melon on her abdomen. The unpregnant ones are just her servants, in dolphin logic.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Wouldn't me surprise me , heck i think most animals are able to do this.

Bats, snakes, dolphins... You know animals who actively use sonar. However I think to dolphin is only socially evolved enough to recognize its a baby and the emotional connection of it.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
There is always "that guy" that turns a thread into a political bait topic. Even a marine biology thread.

No one did that here, someone made a joke. You do understand joke right? Funny funny ha ha?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Except that the so-called joke is not even remotely funny, except to Republicans.

Dolphins are vicious, destructive predators that kill far more than they can eat – they attack sperm whale pods, for example – and dominance battles among male dolphins are so violent that mature individuals of some species have bodies literally covered in scars. Their idea of normal sexual relations is abduction and gang rape.

Republicans, eh? :shk:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Maybe, but we would only know for sure if, once the baby is born, the Dolphins let it die of starvation. Then we will know for sure they are Republicans.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Great news. Now all we need to discover is a dolphins word for boy or girl. It would be neater to find the sex of your baby from a dolphin, and cheaper too, than a doctor.
So if the dolphin tells you it's a boy and you believe him, is the dolphin actually saying you are a "little nuts".

S&F, actually, this is very probable information. I also believe that animals that can detect heat can be used to detect inflammation or illness.
edit on 11-7-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I guess that could be true... If the woman was raped and the dolphins were preventing the woman from seeing a doctor to remove what she feels to be the spawn of the devil out of her body so she can actually begin the process of moving on from a traumatic experience... Yes I could picture them being republicans in that scenario... Swimming by whispering into her ear "Yesssssss...let the Hate flow through you...keep it deep inside and nurture it..why be hasty about it, when you can prolong the suffering even longer?"

But, I dunno... I kinda liken them to Democrats, protecting the female and her right to choose. If its not rape then is it a sin? Sure but you and I cannot stop people from sinning...they have to make that choice on their own.

I actually hate both Democrats and Republicans or rather the whole system, not the people themselves individually, but I just had to show you how the argument can go both ways. Of course it's always a good idea to protect a pregnant woman, so at least we can agree on that!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

Unfortunately dolphins always look happy because of the way their mouths are. This is a curse. Dolphins in water parks are under extreme stress and often try to commit suicide and are mentally disturbed.

I'm not trying to make you sad or anything, just please, please do not ever take your family or children to a waterpark. We want water parks to not be able to exist anymore (luckily many of them have shut down because fewer people go)

ordinarytraveler.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join