It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think it would be so easy to heard people into mega cities....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I had a weird experience last night....

I went back to this very very remote wilderness spot that I went to last year. awhhhh man I forgot how BAD THE MOSQUITO'S are out there!!! It's just insane! Totally ruined much of the experience. And I had a bug suit on which helps a lot but still they get in the tent and everywhere it's nuts.

So really all tptb would have to do is bio engineer tons of mosquitos. Make them resilient to almost anything, even dry weather. Then put them out there. Like how are you gonna do anything out in the country when you're getting eaten alive??? Then just have something in and around the cities that kept them away that was some secret device.

Then if you had one's that had some kind of decease they would carry, that too would kill off anyone who tried to contend with the swarms of them. Like so in my mind I honestly think it wouldn't be that hard to do, next thing you know people would be begging to be in the city. And if they do anything wrong they simply get banished from the city and they're forced to contend with the swarms of misquotos. (but they'd give him or her a few cans of OFF and a bug suit so they could at least have a slight chance)

Like it's a scary thought, but from what I had to contend with last night it really got me thinking, wow one could really push people out of the country if there was enough of these and or if they carried some illness. Like its really insane.

Your thoughts???

edit on 10-7-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Interesting idea but it wouldn't work. Many of us already live in areas where the mosquito swarms are big enough to pick you up and carry you off, and we've lived with them our whole lives without sprays and bug suits. And we already have West Nile Virus killing people off which is contracted by mosquito bite. It might work for areas that aren't used to such, but it wouldn't work for many, many areas.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Next time eat some banana's (skeeter's don't like potassium) and smoke a cigar (skeeter's dont' like the smoke from them) hell bring a battery to mobilize a skeeter zapper... There's ways to get around it bro...

Not gonna happen with skeeters...

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
okay then what about killer bees?

word of advice..... never trust a mosquito, not ever!

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I think these guys have the secret to avoiding mosquitoes. A bit more natural to using repellants and bug zappers. Bug spray and cigars stink, and zappers make too much noise.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

We already have killer bees as well. You would need to come up with something that people haven't already been living with for years and years. Those of us who live in the Deep South are already used to every kind of creepy, crawly, slithery and buggy creature so it would take something complete extraordinary to get most everyone to move into a regular large city- much less a mega city. I'm not so sure that such a thing exists.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by occrest

ROFL~
I think your right...

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by spartacus699
okay then what about killer bees?

word of advice..... never trust a mosquito, not ever!

I've never met a mosquito that I trusted....

Well... Bees huh... Well now... I'm allergic... to dem beez~

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

We already have killer bees as well. You would need to come up with something that people haven't already been living with for years and years. Those of us who live in the Deep South are already used to every kind of creepy, crawly, slithery and buggy creature so it would take something complete extraordinary to get most everyone to move into a regular large city- much less a mega city. I'm not so sure that such a thing exists.

Ya that's interesting. Where I am in Canada, there's no creepy, crawly, slithery, anything. Not many bugs. Only the reslilient bugs like ants, and only the small ones. You don't see any snakes or anything here. And I grew up on a city so I'm really not use to the idea of living full time with these kinds of infestations. To me they seem like a big deal. but maybe they're not. hmmmm interesting.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

just dress like a bee and blend in

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

When I was a child we lived on the Michigan/Canadian border for a year and a half while my dad and uncles were working there. The only creepy, crawly I saw the whole time there was a garter snake- and we played with those.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
An easier way to force people into mega-cities would be to raise the cost of gas and transportation fares, until living in the mega-city was the cheapest option.

That's what everyone basically does - shops around for the largest home in the safest area for the lowest overall cost. Some people go for the old farmhouse in the country to live in during the weekends and drive in to London to live in a bedsit in London for five working days. Other people own an apartment in London and cycle or take a bus to work. The problem with the first lot is that they displace genuine country workers from their own homes, who then have to live in council housing because "rustic cottages are a good investment".

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
No need for them mosquitos or killer bees, television will do it.

Just make a movie, tv program or reality show where all nature is infested with giant mosquitos and the only safe place is the city. Soon enough people will start to believe it and the only vacation they will take will be to the local park.
If that doesn't work just spread some fake news of these mosquitos attacking people.

If they do anything wrong they simply get banished from the city:
we've all seen what will happen back in 1984.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by stormcell
An easier way to force people into mega-cities would be to raise the cost of gas and transportation fares, until living in the mega-city was the cheapest option.

That would be a big financial loss for the 'elite'.

That's what everyone basically does - shops around for the largest home in the safest area for the lowest overall cost. Some people go for the old farmhouse in the country to live in during the weekends and drive in to London to live in a bedsit in London for five working days. Other people own an apartment in London and cycle or take a bus to work. The problem with the first lot is that they displace genuine country workers from their own homes, who then have to live in council housing because "rustic cottages are a good investment".

What about those Asians? They go everywhere and are in the millions

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
You know what planet we're on? The kind where more mosquitos equals more food for the birds.

The plan, for the birds. Not world domination. Drats.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
With people living in very compact cities. it would be much easier to spray whatever the powers that be want to on them- for example, in the Bay Area they spray this poison for Moths over much of the population- they don't spray it in the surrounding areas as much, just over the Bay Area "to kill the moths."

top topics

join