It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ill. Rep Requests National Guard Help Stop Chicago Violence

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by neo96

Never let a good crisis go to waste, Someone said...................

Just sad.

You must be talking about the right wing political machine.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You might be right actually.

Sad.

Just imagine if the President would have used a 100 million on Chicago, instead of an Africa trip? I wouldnt have applauded the effort actually, if the money went to some sort of works program to help the youth of Chicago, or the inner cities.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Cheesefleas

You must be talking about the right wing political machine.

Wanna hear something really funny?

Gun control is a 'right wing' manifestation of the political machine.

Just people don't recognize what right wing is.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Nope I live about 3 hours away from Chicago and let me tell you..it's all very real. No conspiracy no nothing. It's a group of ignorant young men killing each other for no reason. A nd it's unfortunate but this violence spreads to the innocents too. I hear all the news stories of children, yes children being slain. This is no Iraq or Syria....this is home..and we are allowing this. The violence even spreads to here. A lot of families come from Chicago or stay here for the summer. Sometimes people have come all the way from Chicago to here to kill someone. And it's quite frequent. We need to do something..idk if this is the right thing but IMO I think it's the best option. In aware of the police state outcome...

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Cheesefleas

OK fantasy world!

We need MORE people in jail, that will make us safer from guns!

As odd as it may sound? Yes... We DO need MORE people in prison. We just need to radically change the nature and balance of who GOES to prison. Violent offenders who are really predators among sheep, get half time on good behavior and parole out short of the sentences. That's if a plea bargain doesn't take them down to begin with and makes it less right out the gate. So we have lions and tigers and bears among us, not in cages. Quite literally.

Meanwhile, we have to release these predators because we have TOO many non-violent and/or first time offenders mixed in with gladiators to become hard criminals when someday they leave on their first timer sentences.

It's not the number...it's the balance and purpose people get sent and released.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
anyway, good to see they are finally doing something about gun crime. maybe when they get the guard in place they might feeling get sense and start disarming the public.

This is Chicago. They already DID disarm the public, and now they're seeing the result.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I find this interesting, just south of Chicago in Tinley Park (about 20-30 minute drive) they are holding "urban warfare exercises"... I wonder if this has something to do with the violence escalating in Chicago... And this exercise listed is VERY and I mean VERY close to where I live... I think Ill have to check it out, take pictures (if i can) and report back in a thread....

Dept. of Defense holding more urban warfare exercises in Tinley Park

The Department of Defense will be holding more urban warfare training exercises at the former Tinley Park Mental Health Center in the next two weeks, officials confirmed. The first exercise will begin on Monday, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., followed by another exercise from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on July 17. These exercises will not involve helicopters, according to village Emergency Management Agency Director Pat Carr. On July 23 and July 24, the military will hold exercises from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m., which will involve the use of helicopters, Carr said.

Chicago Tribune

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Half of their violence comes from military-trained types in the first place. It's not from people who don't want to make war. If the naturally elected ones of the place didn't want violence there wouldn't be any. The request reminds me of the bailouts of the car companies that couldn't do it. What it might amount to is a management problem. It's a hard beg that borders on extortion, which is more like if you don't bring in more money and more support, they can't continue sucking at their job of governing.

They just need a few hundred gallons of hand degreaser and it will go better.
edit on 11-7-2013 by Sandalphon because: they want you back obama

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Sandalphon

Chicago's violence comes from illegal drug gangs - maybe they are training for the bloodbath when the Zimmerman trial ends - it doesn't matter if he's aquitted or not - they riot when their team wins - or loses.....

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Or .... [News wire flash ... Chicago 8 2 2013 National Guard Convoy in shoot out... 14 Killed 27 wounded .... all killed or wounded belong to National Guard unit.... Military Automatic weapons, ammo missing.... 2 trucks one hummer taken by force... police do not know the identity's of the perpetrators... ]
work of fiction or what might become fact. the other... well lets just say KenStatE en.wikipedia.org... a walk in the park

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Most of the violence in Chicago is criminals or wannabe criminals inflicting harm on others of the same predisposition. (Perhaps why police overlook it? To them it's one of their problems taking care of another one.) Occasionally there's the innocent bystander, and usually those people happen to be somebody stuck like chuck and not being able to afford to move out or tied to the location for other reasons. Combine that with the lack of any good paying jobs for people with only a highschool level of education (crime pays better vs. effort involved), and this is what you get.

If they want to fix it, they'll have to sort out some of the underlying problems first. Various gun laws and enforcement operations are only trying to put a bandaid on the symptoms, rather than fixing the cause. If they bring the guard into the city neighborhoods, it'll only push the problems into the 'burbs, and those problems will come back as soon as the guard leaves again.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I'm just remembering the nasty threads here and all the nasty blog posts from some Right-Wing Blogs about the teachers in Chicago striking. Funny how all sides absolutely hate him yet he's the mayor and one who keeps making the national stage. When's the dude up for re-election?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
oh come one!
we all knew this was coming.
this have been very well prepared for.

hollow point bullets.
they are ONLY to kill.

hollow point bullets use't to be band by the geneva convention.
and that was for the army.
when did it stop??????
oh! obama made a new law...........

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

If hes doing a good job he should stay, regardless of Politics.

Yeah.....

I said it.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
I say that there should be stricter punishments for repeat offenders of certain crimes. Perhaps even make, say the business districts, like school zones in the way that the punishments are more severe. I believe that would quell a little of the violence...

It's only going to get worse as it gets deeper into summer here in the Northern Hemisphere. And it seems as though it's getting worse every year. Drastic measures need to be taken in one area or another.

It just moves the crime somewhere else. London's solution to crime in tube and train stations was to install CCTV cameras everywhere. It succeeded in stopping muggings on stations, as officers could be sent along the minute anyone was seen hanging around suspiciously. But elsewhere, crime went up, so they installed CCTV cameras around the stations, then around stores, along highway overpasses, pedestrian underpasses. Now the crime is constrained to the inner suburbs to the point no locals want to stay there any more.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

You can't actually believe that, can you? Are you so deep seated in your hatred of guns that you'd rather have the military come to disarm the citizens?

I hope people like you are a minority.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by firemonkey
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Having said that, the people aren't even the problem in Chicago. Just ONE person. Mayor Rahmbo. Chicago wasn't an open war zone with a dozen to two dozen bodies a weekend, damn near every weekend like it was a local sport before he took office.

Yes it was, these problems have existed long before Rahm...it's just silly to attempt to use a long standing issue to blame one person who has only been there a couple years.

To understand the issues in Chicago, you would have to know the history of the city, specifically the south side. It's just sad that people simplify it like you do just so you can take a shot at a politician you don't like.

All I know a about the South Side of Chicago is that it's the baddest part of town. Also that if you go down there you'd better just beware of a man named Leeroy Brown.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join