It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me find a song?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Late 90's or early 00's.

It was reggae I believe. Fast and heavy. Singer sounded like he smoked two cartons a day and was pissed off about it.

The Munsters theme was sampled throughout.

Very angry sounding, very high energy.

Been looking ever since I heard it back then on a college radio station and all I ever find is goofy happy ska and punk stuff using the Munsters theme.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Sounds like Buccaneer?

After hearing the description this song comes to mind. It's called "Bruk Out" by Buccaneer & Rancid. (Reggae/Ska/Punk) The time frame and overall sound seem to match up.

I first heard on a compilation album called "Give 'em the Boot II" that came around late 90's early 00's.

Hope this helps.

eta: just listened to it again. No Munsters samples. Could be the same band though.

edit on 10/7/13 by SlackOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
found it.

this is definitely the song you have been looking for.

your welcome

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SlackOps

Vocals were deeper and more mushed. Like slurred shouting. So I dont think it was Buccaneer.

Maybe like Mad Lion but deeper and faster.

reply to post by lacrimaererum

Yeah......no.

I wish I knew more about reggae to narrow down what genre at least. More late dancehall or ragga than anything if I had to label it with a genre.

Definitely not ska or punk.

It was a few minutes of my life over 15 years ago and I always think about it. Gotta find that damn song.
edit on 10-7-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

After searching on google with key words this is all I came up with, I dont think its it though.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

That's the kind of stuff I've been finding all these years. It's always surf rock and ska over and over.

I've gone so far as to hang out at reggae clubs night after night asking around and the best responses I got were that dancehall deejays were crazy and would mix all kinds of things so I'm essentially looking for a tiny insignificant needle in about as large a haystack imaginable.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I'm not real sure what these↓are. 80's Hip Hop Pop maybe, I don't know lol.

But they did sample 'The Munsters' Theme. I didn't listen to any of them all the way through, but if I were to put them in order from least suckiest to most suckiest, it would probably be:

Aweseome Foursome - 'Monster Beat'
Conway - 'Monsta Flow'
Dana Dane - 'Nightmares'

I seriously doubt any of those are what you're looking for. (at least I hope not), but there is a reason I posted them. I found an interesting website. If you look further, you may be able to find what you're looking for. I haven't looked through it much yet, but it seems to have a lot of info.

[color=BDBA99]Welcome to the Ultimate Database of Sampled Music, Remixes and Cover Songs

Dig deeper into music by discovering direct links among over 192,000 songs and 70,000 artists, from Hip-Hop and R&B via Electronic Music through to Rock, Pop, Funk, Soul, Jazz and beyond.

www.whosampled.com...

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

I've gone so far as to hang out at reggae clubs night after night asking around.....

That could be used on one of the many Crime TV Shows. Girls body found. Roommates said that she had taken a cab to the Reggae Club. After questioning the bartender and a couple other patrons, we now have a suspect, but as of yet, we still don't know much about this person who may or may not have been involved in the crime.

One customer we talked to said,
"Yeah, I remember seeing that girl. Last time I saw her, she was talking to some creepy guy who had some sort of obsession with monsters. I got away from him. He scared me."

Then we questioned the Bartender, who said,
"No no no. That guy wasn't talking about 'Monsters'. His obsession was with the old TV Show 'The Munsters'. I never saw him with that girl, but it was weird how he just kept going on about 'The Munsters'. So yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if that dude did it. You really should find him."

edit on 7/11/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Can't help you with the song but maybe I can help you narrow it down. Is the singer Shabba?

new topics

top topics

join