It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resident Evil..!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Resident Evil...the original game that inspired the term "survival horror". I absolutely loved re1 and 2!

I played re1 on Sega Saturn first. I know most people tend to agree that ps1 version was better....but I actually still prefer the sega Saturn version.....and if I remember correctly it had a battle mode that was only available on the Sega Saturn port.

Anyway....those earlier day's of true Resident Evil survival horror.....happy day's!

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkNite

Me too, but I've been playing them all nonetheless

reg

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkNite
reply to post by reg

GameCube version of nemesis or zero?

oh yea i forgot about zero, that was a cool game too, but i was talking about the original resident evil which was remade for the gamecube.. it had the same graphics as zero.. the gamecube version of nemisis though was just a straight up port of the playstation 1 version, still a great game but the graphics and controls feel a little dated now.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by reg
[mo. Oh ok cool I didn't know the original was on the GameCube. Never owned a GC but I know my stuff about RE. You played the old clock tower games? Anybody?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
RE 1,2,3 were amazing. I still play them from time to time and have a lot of fun doing it.

The games did start to fall off after Code Veronica however...

For any of the more modern entries I would say 4 is pretty damn good. 5 and 6 just bore me.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

RE 1,2,3 were amazing. I still play them from time to time and have a lot of fun doing it. The games did start to fall off after Code Veronica however...
reply to post by Theprimevoyager

Exactly!.. Code Veronica had a good story and the controller config was still the same. (Loved the old controls, if you played the older ones you understand) and I agree they fell off after Veronica. 4 and 5 was ok if you liked the action but not if you was a fan from the original IMO. Remember the first RE; at the beginning the helicopter crashes and they run inside the mansion and if you try to go back out them killer dogs come at the door? Or the part where you go down the hall and find a zombie eating some guy(Kenneth I think) and the zombie slowly looks back at you? Classic RE moments..

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Theprimevoyager

By the way that's a sick avatar.. Is it a gundam?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Indeed. Gp-02 Physallis. 0083: Stardust Memory.

But yeah, I did enjoy 4 a lot but the old games can never be beaten in terms of shock value and genuine scares.

Be it when you have to fight the tyrant in RE1, or The zombies arms coming through the boarded windows to grab you in RE2, to Nemesis popping out of nowhere and chasing you through multiple rooms... STARSssssss.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Nah the resident evil franchise are a bit overrated, the only thing that is really scary about them is the control scheme. No offense but when you have to hit six buttons to make your character turn around and when he or she actually does its like there a paraplegic going in slow motion. When your fighting the controls more then your fighting the zombies, you know you have problems. The only true horror in the resident evil games were the control schemes and set ups.

A game like Silent Hill was a lot more scarier and more enjoyable then resident evil 1, 2, 3. Its only in the newer games that they changed the controls up a bit to make them user friendly, and even in those there outdated. What Resident Evil did was the fact that they were one of the very few first games that did the whole survival horror thing back when it was a new thing. Now a days a game like The Last of Us which came out not that long ago does much better then all the resident evil games combined. The resident Evil franchise is kind of set in stone because you know who the major players are and you know what its going to be about, so there really is not much more you can do with it or go from. I give it props because it was a pioneer but I have to say NO its not the best survival horror games out there.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join