It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resident Evil..!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
In my honest opinion Resident Evil is by far the best survival horror game in the universe. And best game for the ps1. Specifically resident evil 2. I own resident evil 2 and 3 nemesis. I would love the original 1st game. It's hard to find though. After the ps1 versions I believe they lost there flare. Except for code Veronica x which was ok. But after that they were just cheesy and not the same game or the same horror fun. So I was just hoping some members of ats shared my feelings about resident evil.. Anybody ever played? What's your thoughts about the past resident evil games vs the newer ones?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkNite

Hya

Funny you should mention this game.

I recently started playing nemesis again after all these years (pc) still have not completed it.

I bought a ps1 years ago just for re2 and nuclear strike.

Are you familiar with torrents or emulators?
re2 is there just google it and im sure with no time at all you will be reliving those memory's.

I would post links but may be against TnC

good luck
dave

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I have RE1 the directors cut and RE2 for ps1 and I agree they are awesome!!

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I would agree... Except now Resident Evil is not a "Survival Horror" game anymore... Unfortunately it's now a Action Horror game.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I love the series, it's my favourite. I still have loads of the old games in my loft. I might play one again on the weekend now you got me thinking about it

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
You can buy re1 & 2 from the playstation store, only a couple of quid I think.

I personally think the fatal games were scarier, you can also buy 1 of these from the ps store.

Seriously, I actually will not (aged 40) play that game at night still lol

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Yea man that's why it's not as good anymore.. And nemesis was my last play too I bought it for lik 3 dollars on eBay and its the best investment made in a while.. But yea it's more action now which for some people is cool I guess but if you loved the ps1 version it's a downgrade. I remember playing when I was younger and I would flinch at parts. It was great.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
First time that damn dog jumped out through the window...!

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

I tried nemesis with an emulator before I found it on eBay but I was using a keyboard so it was pretty hard to play. You guys remember the gunpowder mixing in part 3? That was pretty cool. A for handgun bullets B for shotgun C for grenade rounds I think and Ccc for the powerful magnum shots.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CircleOfDust

Yep and nemesis busting through the walls.. Glass breaking all of a sudden. Man they shoulda kept the horror aspect for the later games. I was really disappointed from resident evil 4 and after.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

HAHHA

I was brought up with the keyboard,
my first comp was the ZX SPECTRUM 48 kb just like my avatar

I have one which i bought when ebay was new and is in showroom condition.

God i really miss those days

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Ive beat all RE games besides the newest one. RE 2 and 3 were the best! 4 was fun too. Parasite Eve was an awesome game! Fatal frame, another great game, is the still the scariest game I’ve ever played.

Just checked, Parasite Eve is selling for $300 on amazon!!!!!!! wowow

edit on 10-7-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

None made me jump out of my seat as much as those games. Well, apparently with PS4 all previous games (PS1-PS2-PS3) will be available through PSN.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA

I have starred you all in recognition of the love of these games (maybe op doesn't know)

I am 35 yrs old and nemesis still makes me jump.

HAHAHA Stars, that scared me when nemesis would appear and say it and i now will still panic

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
have any of you played the RE 6 yet? i was thinking of getting. I bet RE 5 last year (when i was unemployed for a month) in 3 days.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Yes re6 is good.. I thought the re6 mercenaries mode was better than the actual story mode. I've always called games main play either story mode or campaign lol it's a habit

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I am a huge fan of the earlier games. I haven't played the later games as I only have a PS2.
I would love to have them on the PC, since that is my preferred platform.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I feel ya..my 360 is out of action at the moment so I'm stuck with just a ps2 but as long as I have re 2 and 3 an devil may cry I'm good lol.. What pc games you get into?
edit on 10-7-2013 by DarkNite because: (no reason given)

reg

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
i've played them all, the gamecube remake version is really good if you haven't played it, its the original mansion story but with added twists and turns, great graphics too

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by reg

GameCube version of nemesis or zero?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join