It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Hastings to Government: 'We Declare War On You' - When Did He Say This?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Hi fellow ATSers I need your help on this one. When did Michael Hastings make the following statement?

"The Obama administration has clearly declared war on the press. It has declared war on investigative journalists - our sources, I think the only recourse to this kind of behavior by the government is to say back to the government, 'we declare war on you,' and from this point forward, we should no longer - the media as a whole - cooperate in any manner with the government “We should withdraw all our cooperation and we should publish everything we know, because it's a free press, it's not a free-except-for-when-the-government-tells-me-to-do-it press, and we've been way too easygoing with these guys."
link

The earliest date I can find is Jun 19 The Young Turks With Cenk Uygur June 19, 2013 4:00pm-5:01pm

Obviously by that time Michael Hastings had already disappeared. Was this (part of the) Interview ever published before? Does anybody here find an earlier date? When
???

Is it anywhere close to this timeline of events?

Jun 18 Michael Hastings dies in car 'accident'

Jun 18 Hastings contacted WikiLeaks lawyer Robinson, saying that the FBI was investigating him.

Jun 17 Hastings e-mails a friend: I'm on a big story, and need to go off the radar for a bit.

Jun 17 Snowden: 'Government is not going to be able to cover this up by jailing or murdering me. Truth is coming, and it cannot be stopped.'

Jun 12 Hastings twitter feed goes silent

Jun 9 Snowden is identified as the NSA-whistleblower behind Glenn Greenwald's story in the Guardian

Jun 8 "Intelligence officials overheard joking about how NSA leaker should be 'disappeared' after handing classified documents to press"

Jun 7 Hastings LAST article: Why Democrats Love To Spy On Americans - LAST SENTENCE of this article is:

Perhaps more information will soon be forthcoming.

Jun 5 Glenn Greenwald breaks the NSA story in an exclusive on the Guardian

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MindBodySpiritComplex

Wouldnt it be ironic if Hasting death was caused by the very same administration he worked so hard to get elected?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Frankly I have not followed Hastings closely enough to comment on this. I (European) only started taking notice of Hastings when the Snowden leaks and Hastings accassination happened almost at the same time. I will say this however: I was thrilled to see US voters elect a black president for the first time, hoping that he would keep his promises. I am certainly disappointed by Obama so far and can see how Hastings would be disenchanted by the current administration. That does not lessen him in my opinion though - quite the contrary!

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MindBodySpiritComplex

Hailing from Chicago, like myself, I told anyone who would listen that Obama was a two faced crook. Cutting your teeth in a town made famous by its pizza and machine politics I doubted his sincerity.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

That would fall into the "Be careful what you wish for" category. It's too bad it is taking so many people so long to figure it out for themselves.

top topics

join