It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking photos and video shows Golden Corral more disgusting than a cow feedlot

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoulSearching8
I eat at the GC, and I love it. Have never been sick, love all the choices. I also know people who work there. Shouldn't trash all the GC's just because 1 or even a few are nasty. I know the one I go to is as clean as it can possibly be. Like the one poster said, it is a buffet after all.

My family has, on occasion, eaten at their places as well, with no issues at all. No one sick, nothing dirty, and peeks into the kitchen, when doors were opened, showed a clean place. Plus, the video shows trash, with NO proof that this stuff is ever taken back inside.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
reply to post by SunnyDee

What evidence is there that the stuff he shows is anything but waste, deliberately thrown out? How do we know this isn't some fired employee, trying to trash the company? If there is any truth to anythign he says, then it would be discovered, and actions taken.

I am kind of shocked that you posted this comment, LGE. Yes, you are correct, but do you really think the pictures look like the food has been trashed, and do you really doubt this is real? Is it that unbelievable that a restaurant would hide things during an inspection?

This is from the GOLDEN CORRAL. The name alone mocks every person that walks through it's doors. Seriously, who is kept in a corral? LIvestock.....sheep come to mind, and pigs.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
reply to post by SunnyDee

What evidence is there that the stuff he shows is anything but waste, deliberately thrown out? How do we know this isn't some fired employee, trying to trash the company? If there is any truth to anythign he says, then it would be discovered, and actions taken.

I am kind of shocked that you posted this comment, LGE. Yes, you are correct, but do you really think the pictures look like the food has been trashed, and do you really doubt this is real? Is it that unbelievable that a restaurant would hide things during an inspection?

This is from the GOLDEN CORRAL. The name alone mocks every person that walks through it's doors. Seriously, who is kept in a corral? LIvestock.....sheep come to mind, and pigs.

One, there is NO proof that the place is readying for an inspection, save the word of a guy that could easily be a disgruntled employee, who, please note, NEVER goes INSIDE the place. A current employee could have easily walked in, with a cell phone cam in their hand.

Two, this stuff is piled out there, in racks mostly, of the sort that are used to clear tables. We see those and a bin of meat. The racks could have been wheeled out during a rush, to get it out of the way, so the flies weren't drawn to it INSIDE the restaurant, with a plan to send someone out to dump the stuff into the dumpster after the rush. It's also possible that THIS guy wheeled it out there, instead of cleaning it up properly, and got canned for doing so. The tray of meat could easily be spoiled, moved, again, during a rush, or, again, could be something HE placed there, that he should not have.

Three, this guy has a really bad attitude, and I don't mean like a whistle blower. I am well aware that places can have real infractions. I am also aware that people fired can, and do, often spread lies about a place, to try and get some sort of sick revenge. I have SEEN this. His attitude reminds me of the people I have known did such a thing.

Four, the name of COURSE refers to animals; to the ones we EAT. "Golden" makes it sound better, and "Corral" refers to where livestock are brought. In this case, the clear reference is that this is where the prime meats can be found, for your enjoyment. It isn't calling the people livestock.

If this guy had gone inside, and shown something out of order there, his claims would be more credible. If any sort of proof of any health code violations was offered, he would be more credible. When places have real issues, the authorities DO become involved. I have talked to people that worked in such places. One case, a McDonald's was being run very poorly, so much so that they lost the franchise, and the corporate offices took it over. When issues were reported, things changed. Here, we have some stuff by a dumpster, and nothing else, and a lot of unsubstantiated claims. The rule is, "innocent until proven guilty". Personally, I apply that to cases like this as well as people. IF some proof that there are real infractions is produced, for whichever GC this is (and note, he didn't say), then, and only then, can we trust that there is a real problem with THAT location. Not with all GC locations, but with one. With nothing but what looks like trash at a dumpster, and a lot of claims? Nope; doesn't even come close to proof.

Do you really think it isn't possible for a disgruntled former employee to lie? Think about it. We have no way to know, from that video. I will reserve judgment till proof is presented.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Or, Or, this guy in the uniform could have been a current employee that just wheeled out some food that was to be hidden during an inspection, on the trays they were stacked on and (possibly) brought back in after inspection.

I am inclined to believe the nice young man in the restaurant uniform, that happens to be in the right place at the right time, that by my ears does not come off as vindictive or fake.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join