It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking photos and video shows Golden Corral more disgusting than a cow feedlot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Saw this and thought others might want to know whats going on. I personally don't eat at these type of restaurants, but obviously many people do. The name of this restaurant alone is so blatantly a joke on the masses, how people give their money to this company is beyond me. Buyer beware here.

www.naturalnews.com...

(NaturalNews) Shocking photos posted on the internet claim to show behind-the-scenes filth at a Golden Corral restaurant. The photos appear to show filthy dishes stacked nearly head-high, with food waste littering the floor right next to beverage service carts. Three employees are clearly depicted in the photos, and they appear to be wearing uniforms consistent with those worn by Golden Corral employees.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I'd say I'm shocked, but it's Golden Corral.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Sad part is that unless someone sues nothing will change.
Going to the health dept does nothing.

what else do honest people do? blow the whistle.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Iam in the food service for 30 years now. There is no way to run a buffet (self serve type thing) and ensure health practices. Unless you have employees serve the food to the customers.

Ive watched people turn their kids loose and they could care less that the kids are tasting food and putting it back picking their nose between grabbing the next spoon.

Not even to mention that most people never even wash their freaking hands after they use the bathroom( i mean 90+ %).

Using the same plates they just ate off of ....the list goes on and on.

Eat cheap or die trying.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I have eaten at Golden Corral three times, and each time I haven't been able to eat nearly as much as I figured I should have and have felt nauseous afterwards. That place is really gross.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I ate at a local GC once....and have never returned. Those type of restaurants do not produce good food, most of it seems as though it was taken from a tv dinner.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I eat at the GC, and I love it. Have never been sick, love all the choices. I also know people who work there. Shouldn't trash all the GC's just because 1 or even a few are nasty. I know the one I go to is as clean as it can possibly be. Like the one poster said, it is a buffet after all.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I have never been to a Buffet that had good food.
I have been to many buffets mind you, and when your very hungry, they do its job. mass consumption of foodstuff for a small amount of money by comparison, but your not going to fine dining..your going to ultimately a, as title suggests, a cow feedlot.

So, I do have a huge amount of forgivness for their practices, their secondary (and worse) meats, poorly cooked everything, and waste. But there is a difference between just nasty but safe verses potentially deadly bacteria growing due to practices. this video shows that line being crossed bigtime.

-someone send in Gordan Ramsey. Give the managers of this GC a week with him and I bet that wouldn't happen again....(then get closed down 2 months later)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
What I find even more sickening than the video is the description that follows underneath the video. If I am allowed to, I'll just copy paste a few selections here and you can go read the rest on your own. It's quite terrible.

" its been over a week now since this has been brought to corporate attention, I contacted the volusia county health dept..... they dont handle it.... they gave me a number and a persons name..... said to ask for them in person...... the operator didnt know who i was talkin about and didnt seem to care..."

".i placed an ebay "check out item # 121135647488" that made the owner call the police and tell on himself.....i was contacted by the port orange police dept for black mail....wtf."

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

you should have mentioned which golden corral it was, this one is in Florida...what they did was disgusting...I have never had a problem at the two I have been to in my state...never gotten sick...

the Big question is,,, is this particular one being run badly or is it happening at others as well

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoulSearching8
I eat at the GC, and I love it. Have never been sick, love all the choices.

Taste buds.
there are differences between people and taste buds. large ones tend to have less sensation..this is probably the norm. small packed ones can taste flavors much easier. Its why people with tiny taste buds make the best food / wine tasters. Whereas a large budded person can basically eat slop and think its good, the smaller bud person will notice the taste of rot, grease, etc far more prominently....

Chances are, if you love -all- of their choices, then you have large buds and would possibly be content eating a grease covered stick. Not that this is a bad thing...you have a lot more options and nice experiences than someone whom has fine tuned taste buds (imagine being able to taste profoundly every minor ingredient and poorly spiced thing. Most meals would be disgusting). Just pointing out a interesting tidbit of human biology.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I'm appalled at the amount of food people waste at these buffets. Piles of food left uneaten on plates and everybody acts like they paid for it "so what?".
Choice is nice and having food ready is convenient but after seeing this I don't think I will ever go to another buffet. The comments on the YT video strike me as real - the employee filing complaints and nothing happens. Typical. Freedom is a great thing except when it's exploited for the sake of profit.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

What makes me sick is the waste of food. There are so many people in this country going hungry and they waste food like that. Disgusting.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Buffets are for private gatherings, a controlled environment. We had an upsurge of 'all you can eat' restaurants here mostly of Chinese food, but the products had too many processed components. While there was always plenty of staff about, it was unclear as to what they actually were doing as none were in the buffet areas, and clearing tables is a no-brainer.
Best idea is a carvery served by staff to keep the idiots at bay, and the food is always decent. What happens in the background is pretty much guesswork.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Any restaurant that insinuates in the title that I am to be herded like cattle is one I would avoid.

Think about it...Golden Corral...They get the Gold Corralling the morons to eat slop in a feeding trough! LOL

You get what you pay for.

That said I do feel sorry for any retirees who are on fixed incomes who typically have to eat at such places.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This is another example why we shouldn't eat out anymore. Personally I feel it's disgusting people don't care about cleaning up after themselves, washing their hands, taking care of the food, etc. It feels like you're playing Russian roulette every time you want to eat out. I refuse to waste my money and time for junk fast food.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I ate there once (Grandparent's idea) and got felt sick the whole next day. Really a disgusting place. All of the food is lukewarm and low quality.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I ate there once and hated the food, now I know why...

Trust your gut!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I'm appalled at the amount of food people waste at these buffets. Piles of food left uneaten on plates and everybody acts like they paid for it "so what?".
Choice is nice and having food ready is convenient but after seeing this I don't think I will ever go to another buffet. The comments on the YT video strike me as real - the employee filing complaints and nothing happens. Typical. Freedom is a great thing except when it's exploited for the sake of profit.

the best thing about the free market, is that work conditions, and reputation of food quality gets spread around by word of mouth and they will live or die based upon that reputation. This is why the consumer aught to inform themselves about the business they frequent. =)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

What evidence is there that the stuff he shows is anything but waste, deliberately thrown out? How do we know this isn't some fired employee, trying to trash the company? If there is any truth to anythign he says, then it would be discovered, and actions taken.

<<   2 >>

join