It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden Raid as Seen By Terror Leader's Family: Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Osama Bin Laden Raid as Seen By Terror Leader's Family: Report

news.yahoo.com

Osama bin Laden was well aware American forces had come for him the night he heard the commotion outside his Abbottabad compound in Pakistan on May 1, 2011, and the terror leader went for his gun to fight back, according to a new account of the raid given to Pakistani investigators.

"The Shaikh [Bin Laden] said American helicopters had arrived and they [his family] should leave his room immediately. They were unwilling to do so… The Shaikh reached for his weapon," says Pakistan's Abbottabad Commission report, published today by Al Jazeera.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
So this is supposedly an a account of what happened the night of the raid and Osamas death from his family, as seen in the Abbottabad Commission report. Bin Laden and his youngest wife were in bed and thought the helicopters were a storm, and just as she was about to turn the lights on Osama realized they were helicopters and must be Americans, and the story begins. Of course there are differences, but the one that stuck out the most for me was the encounter they had with the courier, our SEALs claimed to hAve a firefight with the courier before shooting him dead, this report claims they basically shot him on sight and he didn't get any shots off. I have some more comparing to do, but thought I would get this up so others could do the same if interested.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCrimsonGhost

I'm not sure I remember correctly....but didn't the SEAL say they caught him by surprise ?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

I'm not sure I remember correctly....but didn't the SEAL say they caught him by surprise ?

When stories from various sources don't sync, the truth is usually somewhere in the middle. Things that skew the truth index are the believability of the actors, their history, their conduct, physical records, etc.

What do you really know about both groups? If special forces would participate in the Waco massacre, how does that reflect on their character? How about the known behavior of DoD and their integrated three-letter-agencies?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by TheCrimsonGhost

If you are talking about the guy from the Esquire article, his story is highly contested.
CNN

Like the poster above me, I believe the truth is somewhere in the middle.

I find it hard to believe that a couple of choppers set down anywhere near the compound without being noticed, they fly over my house all day long and even at a few hundred feet makes the walls shake. Now these aren't the 'black ops' version, but still.

With that being said, I also believe that Bin Laden could have been surprised by a shooter entering his bedroom if he felt his security was up to the job. But as far as being totally taken off guard to the whole situation, most likely not.

Just wanted to get my point in before this thread derails into the whole bin laden was already dead argument. That got old 2 years ago.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

"The Shaikh [Bin Laden] said American helicopters had arrived and they [his family] should leave his room immediately. They were unwilling to do so… The Shaikh reached for his weapon,"

After reading No Easy Day,

"Before I left, I noticed a shelf that ran above the door. It was just above where he was standing when we got to the third deck. It slid my hand up and felt two guns, which turned out to be an AK-47 and a Makarov pistol in a holster. I took each weapon down and pulled out the magazine and checked the chambers. They were both empty. He hadn't prepared for a defense. He had no intention of fighting.

"Bin Laden knew we were coming when he heard the helicopter."

"Bin Laden had more time to prepare than the others, and yet he still didn't do anything. Did he believe his own message? Was he willing to fight the war he asked for? I don't think so. Otherwise, he would have at least gotten his gun and stood up for what he believed in. There is no honor in sending people to die for something you won't even fight for yourself."

-Pages 248-249, No Easy Day

It seems like an approach by his family to save Bin Ladens image as a martyr and a fighter when in reality he was a coward.
edit on 10-7-2013 by Laxpla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla

"The Shaikh [Bin Laden] said American helicopters had arrived and they [his family] should leave his room immediately. They were unwilling to do so… The Shaikh reached for his weapon,"

After reading No Easy Day,

"Before I left, I noticed a shelf that ran above the door. It was just above where he was standing when we got to the third deck. It slid my hand up and felt two guns, which turned out to be an AK-47 and a Makarov pistol in a holster. I took each weapon down and pulled out the magazine and checked the chambers. They were both empty. He hadn't prepared for a defense. He had no intention of fighting.

"Bin Laden knew we were coming when he heard the helicopter."

"Bin Laden had more time to prepare than the others, and yet he still didn't do anything. Did he believe his own message? Was he willing to fight the war he asked for? I don't think so. Otherwise, he would have at least gotten his gun and stood up for what he believed in. There is no honor in sending people to die for something you won't even fight for yourself."

-Pages 248-249, No Easy Day

It seems like an approach by his family to save Bin Ladens image as a martyr and a fighter when in reality he was a coward.

Horsefly? i am not buying it anymore not after a report claimed he was wearing a cowboy hat in plain sight.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
LOL...

Where the heck these stories coming from? Man was declared dead (because of kidney problem) 11-12 years ago but these bizarre stories still running around like old bed time Boogyman stories!

Was there any witness in that room when OBL got naughty with his wife before killed..?

Jeeezzz… he is dead and leave the dead be dead… damn MSM..!

edit on 10-7-2013 by amkia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I don't believe any of the official versions of what happened to Osama. I may not know the truth but I can tell when I am being hosed. I personally don't care what they did with him, they could have him in a cell and be water boarding him every day for all I care. What I do care about is being lied to by my own government. The story changed too many times to be believable. IMHO

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This is pretty messed up, not that i believe either story thus far. How ever i did wonder why no one in the house hold came forward with the account of events that evening. It's been how long, and they wait until now to tell their tale? I can't say for certain it isn't his family, but why wait so long???

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Essentially what the seals said of the raid.Note to the more naive members:Any more proof needed that this guy actually existed now?That he WAS hiding in Pakistan all this time aswe said he was?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
I don't believe any of the official versions of what happened to Osama. I may not know the truth but I can tell when I am being hosed. I personally don't care what they did with him, they could have him in a cell and be water boarding him every day for all I care. What I do care about is being lied to by my own government. The story changed too many times to be believable. IMHO

My thoughts exactly. Someday I may have to revise my belief that OBL has been dead for years; if so, I can live with that.

But there are just never-ending damn stories about this raid. I remember that even the officials (supposedly) involved in monitoring it had so many different versions that I finally just threw my hands up in complete disgust and disbelief. It wasn't simply that they weren't all singing from the same hymnbook--it's as if they had all attended competing seminars on how to tell a lie.

But what tore it, for me, was the "burial at sea"--for suffering Christ's sake. At that point I knew that, as you put it, we were being hosed. It no longer matters what any of them say. Someday the truth will come out, and only then will we know what happened....
edit on 7/10/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

I hear you man. A coworker Told me about this article so I had to come check it out. It strikes me odd that the family couldn't come out an corroborate the story more or less for this long. Someone may have told this story, maybe it even was his family. How ever I have a feeling some money or intimidation was exchanged.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I disagree on the whole buried at sea Ideal. They made the decision so that he could not be worshiped if he where buried on land. They would have a shrine, I don't think he died 11-12 years ago either. It's interesting to see how far people will stick their heads in the sand.

There are always going to be distrusting people, no matter what path they walk in life. They will not hear any thing that crosses their already preconceived notion about what their version of the "Truth" is. eh... To each their own I guess.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I don't believe the official story either. However, wasn't Osama's compound right next to a Pakistani military academy? That was one of the incredulous things everyone was talking about- hiding right under the Pakistani military noses.

Maybe helicopters weren't completely out of the ordinary in the area.

Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Yea but a few high speed choppers landing in your front yard, or hovering, either way.
I think it would raise somebodys alert
I don't care if your sleeping with valium

top topics

join