It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scripture For The Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I'm going to post in this thread occasionally a different scripture that I am reading for the day.

Todays scripture is 1 Peter 1:16

Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

I like to think holy and pure are pretty similar. Holy reminds me of movies where you scare away the demons with your purity and holiness. They shrink back from the light.

What really is holiness. I'm not to sure. It's pretty difficult to be holy in an evil world. There's mans holiness and there's Gods holiness.

It says be holy for I am holy so if God's actually real then he should provide the power, will, way and desire to achieve such things.

But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; This is 1 Peter 1:15 This scripture is similar to one we are looking at.

It will take practice. I'll forget about it tomorrow. But for now I desire to be holy as can be obtained. Holy ties in with love. If you don't have love you can't be holy.

Suffering can dampen love and turn love cold and make you bitter. Being holy means fighting impurities I think. You have to fight to be holy but it will defend and pay for itself in many way. Do you hide your holiness? Will others attack you because of it?

God says be holy for I am holy. What is your definition of Holy? What is the power of holy? What can it do?

So how do you know your holy? When is the AHA momment?

Related to HOLY

Synonyms
devout, godly, pious, religious, sainted, saintly

Antonyms
antireligious, faithless, godless, impious, irreligious, ungodly, unholy

Related Words
ascetic (also ascetical), prayerful, reverent, reverential, spiritual, worshipful; pietistic, religiose; beatified, blessed (also blest), canonized, venerable; angelic (or angelical), cherubic; chaste, moral, pure, righteous, upright, virtuous

Near Antonyms
blasphemous, desecrating, irreverent, profanatory, profane, sacrilegious; nonreligious, secular, unspiritual, worldly; backsliding, unfaithful; black, evil, immoral, iniquitous, miscreant, sinful, sinning, unrighteous, wicked

You could help me by commenting on the scripture I have posted or any other scripture you want to comment on.

edit on 10-7-2013 by leeda because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Spelling error, it should have been Jolly...Ho-Ho-Ho

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by leeda

Thanks for this thread!
Here are a couple of my favorite:

Thessalonians 5:16-18:
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Jeremiah 6:16
This is what the Lord says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. But you said, 'We will not walk in it.'

From the Books of the Apostles:
John answered them all, "I baptize you with water. But one who is more powerful than I will come, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit, and with fire.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by leeda

Is something holy because God loves it? Or does God love things that are already Holy?

Does God loving them make them holy, or is holiness an attribute that existed before God, and God just loves them because they are already good? Or does something only become good/holy through God's love? What does God love then? Would he not love that which is inherently good? Or do things only become good after God approves of them? ::: Picks up trash can::: Yep! I like this. This is holy. haha
edit on 10-7-2013 by Kody27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Matthew 13:45-46

45“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. 46 When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it.

You could say that pearls could be many things. Different types of treasure. Fine means precise maybe small to me, edged, bright in the right angle.

fine

1. Of superior quality, skill, or appearance: a fine day; a fine writer.
2. Very small in size, weight, or thickness: fine type; fine paper.
a. Free from impurities.
b. Metallurgy Containing pure metal in a specified proportion or amount: gold 21 carats fine.
4. Very sharp; keen: a blade with a fine edge.
5. Thin; slender: fine hairs.
6. Exhibiting careful and delicate artistry: fine china. See Synonyms at delicate.
7. Consisting of very small particles; not coarse: fine dust.
a. Subtle or precise: a fine difference.
b. Able to make or detect effects of great subtlety or precision; sensitive: has a fine eye for color.
9. Trained to the highest degree of physical efficiency: a fine racehorse.
10. Characterized by refinement or elegance.

The pearl i'm looking for would be durable, eternal worthy. It would have almost unlimited uses maybe and would come into play in all areas of my life. It would be eternally useful. It would be very useful.

Maybe you need to get rid of everything else because the fine pearl just takes over and replaces the uses the old treasure valuables pearls had.

This new pearl replaces everything.

I wonder if the value of the pearl is hidden or how hidden the value is.

Maybe you do this more than once. You get a fine pearl and trade up each time selling everything because the previous fine pearl made you wealthy from say call it mining the mind or soul or spirit or whatever uses you put your fine pearls to.

By getting the fine pearl it enables new wealth creation which gets you up the next rung of the ladder which enables you to buy an even finer pearl. Rinse and repeat.

Or is this the fine pearl to end all pearls?

If we are each individual merchants looking for fine pearls then trade should happen. Knowledge can be traded or at least taught to another which is a form of trade.

Do we trade thoughts and feelings and emotions and words?

What exactly are fine pearls? Were not talking literal out of an oyster pearl here. So what exactly was Jesus talking about, what does he mean by a fine pearl?

Perhaps truth is a fine pearl. I see knowledge as truth. The truth will set us free. That's definitely a fine pearl. Freedom is useful. So I think as yet I don't know the truth. I'm not free.

I'm still seeking the kingdom of heaven and waiting to lay claim to the fine pearl of my own.

But like so many I have no vision and no knowledge.

Anyone want to donate me a pearl. I'm pretty much a beggar.

I'm bored. I don't know the answer. It's to hard. God can't be real.

Cry God's not real. Who will defeat all the evil? I'd do it but i'm a weakling. Who will defeat death?

Maybe pearls are like stat bonuses. Like +1 Strength or something.

Hey God i'm really dumb and you probably don't exist but is there anything you can do for me using this great crowd of people gathered here as witnesses.

Why do you let people mock you God and Jesus and Holy Ghost? Tis just proof that you are imagination.

A sign of a believer is that they would be doing greater things than you lord you also say to let your light shine before men and not to hide it. Therefore no one in the world currently believes maybe. No one is doing greater things than you lord.

Lord i'm dumb but your kinda dumb to. You lack action. Death still reigns. When will you take action Jesus? I guess i'm not a believer either. Jesus how long before your words come true about there being no more pain?

Revelation 21:4 There will be no more death' or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.

Mr Christ when will the old order of things pass away. This is taking to long. You are slow or ineffectual all together.

Jesus and God when will death and mourning and crying and pain leave us. How long do we have to wait. I believe it will happen. But it could be a thousands of years and it might not be even under your power.

Anywho. I got a suggestion. If we are worth more than many sparrows like in Matthew 10:31 just how many sparrows per man on average.

If we took better care of the sparrows and there were more of them that would equal eventually the equivalence of one man. That extra man would be an advantage in the war that's going on as every man counts.

100 sparrows per man. This means you should feed the birds and look out for them. Also I had the thought of capturing a wild bird and training it somehow and then releasing it to teach other birds what we taught it. They would imitate it. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations Matthew 29:19.

Even a nation of birds. Feed the birds.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Anyone Else Have A Scripture for the DAY they would like to post?

This very second the one I was reading and looked up is

Psalm 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

I started to look for evidence in the skies. I think of a night sky when I read this but a day sky could be just as important. Still couldn't find any evidence. But I lack in any thinking power.

I'm Derp Man. I couldn't hear or see the proclaiming. In the Skies. At the moment I see a lot of death and feel the sting of death. So we're not there yet. The skies at night remind me of cold and dark. When I stare up I feel cold.

So anyhow whats your scripture of the day. What makes you believe.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by leeda
Peter 1:16

Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

I like to think holy and pure are pretty similar. Holy reminds me of movies where you scare away the demons with your purity and holiness. They shrink back from the light.

What really is holiness. I'm not to sure. It's pretty difficult to be holy in an evil world. There's mans holiness and there's Gods holiness.

Holy means to be whole.
Because the mind tells you about other times and places you are stretched out over time - the mind flits from past to future - it makes ONE fragmented.
This moment of presence is whole and if you come to see that you are never away from this moment of presence and that all thoughts of past and future arise and subside in presence you may realized that you are whole and complete now.

If you do not realize that life, reality, is all contained in this moment of presence you will not feel whole - you will be conflicted and suffer from the conflictions of mind.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by leeda
So how do you know your holy? When is the AHA moment?

Now.
Now is all there is. This moment is whole and complete but there seems to be someone who is lost and is seeking. Only when that seeking energy stops will wholeness be found.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Matthew 8:20 Jesus replied, "Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head."

In this scripture I consider myself the Son of Man who has no place to lay his head. Son of Man appears 81 times in the four canonical gospels and it has diverse meanings, ranging from a normal human being to a prophesied eternal, divine ruler.

When I was suffering in the extreme because of the pain that was in my head it was like I had no place to rest my head. I even remember thinking this after trying different positions for my head trying to find mercy from the pain but alas none could be found there was no rest.

I also remember thinking that if this went on long enough I would develop the endurance to no longer need to rest my head. Least I think it was something like that. I would eventually develop the strength to find rest where there is no rest where it was better to burn and find rest than rest without a burn. But alas I don't know really I have forgotten pretty much.

So what is your scripture for today?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

Even the devil prays. But his prayer is broken. The devil doesn't pray without ceasing. Outpray the devil.

So how do you pray without ceasing? I don't know. As a kid I actually had some control over my thoughts. I thought i could manage to pray without ceasing. I think my prayers are broken now but not just mine the prayers of many are broken as well or they know not to pray at all.

If you were to prayer without ceasing then every stream of thought would include some form of prayer. What you speak could form prayers.

You can graft into your vine a prayer so that you become part a prayer, the prayer goes all the way through the vine as the branches and the vine are one. Actually I don't know anything. I'm Derpman. Your thoughts are the vine.

Suffering sucks aye. How bout all that suffering in the world. There's something to prayer for. Pray you and others never suffer. Prayer at will.

Jesus Christ Bless you and be with you in your prayers and mind and thoughts.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved."

So is this the key to immortality then? Is this really how you become immortal? I don't see anyone believing in Jesus enough to claim salvation. I don't see proof of your salvation. Jesus Christs name doesn't seem to be working.

Should it read immortality is found in no one else. Could this mean that all the hospitals researching life extension and immortality need to start learning about Jesus Christ.

Why don't hospitals employ Jesus Medicine. Well because it still as yet remains undiscovered or it's non existent.

Jesus Christ is a bit of a let down. Guess there's only death to look forward to. Followed by resurrection to a death like torturous state tortured by other humans. Once technology is advanced enough.

Jesus save me if your listening which your not cause your dead. Jesus Christ ignores me as usual.

Why do people still take time to talk to Jesus when he simply never talks back and just ignores you. He ignores me. Don't tell me you can hear Jesus Christs voice cause you can't.

If you can hear Jesus Christs voice then what's he saying to you. Like check yourself right now.

Anyhow I need a Jesus.

I read the bible and I like it. Well the New testament anyway. It's fun just reading one scripture at a time then reading commentary about it. But this only gets me closer to death and more torture.

If only Jesus was Salvation. I could use some Joy and Abundant Life. Jesus being resurrected 2000 years ago is hard to believe.

What do you think of this scripture? Post your reply.

Save me Jesus Christ.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by leeda

Salvation and Life Eternal are the same. Jesus answered in Luke10v25-28 That you must love God with all you got and your neighbor as yourself. In verse 28 Jesus said "This Do," as in you must DO something, work for your Salvation by living the 2 commandments.

Holy means to be separated, separated from the thinking of men and to have the thinking of god.
edit on 29-8-2013 by TheBrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
2 Corinthians 1:4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.

This is the scripture I been looking at for today. This scripture kind of makes sense. If you find some comfort in suffering then you should be able to translate this to someone else and share the comfort with them.

Your welcome to comfort me. I have a wealth of trouble. Though I don't think you will be much comfort. I haven't found comfort yet. I wish I could find some comfort somehow.

I'm about 500 grand short of comfort. Lol.

I haven't had much of an opportunity to comfort anyone as learned from my suffering. I remember comforting a cat. Haven't had much contact with many other people, i'm not very social.

So yeah post your comfort that you have received from God in this thread to comfort me and others who may read it.

Yep Yep Yep Yep. Uh huh. Uh huh.

How you do?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
1 Corinthians 13:6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

So the truth that I represent that you should love and rejoice with is that I am a ROCKSTAR. I cameo in the lyrics, eg words spoken by me originally and first cameo in many current and modern music tracks. From Linkin Park to Eminem I cameo in about 15-20 different songs that have all charted.

This is the truth can you discern it. What does LOVE tell you about what you just read?

The next piece of truth is that the MATRIX exists. The Govt has the ability to port an image, movie, basically what ever image or graphic directly into your mind eyes head.

Your LOVE should be rejoicing right about now. If you don't believe this truth I have spoken then basically you have failed to believe the truth and possibly stand condemned.

Amongst so many lies and stories on the Internet this doesn't really stand out. But your love should rejoice at the things I say for I am speaking the truth.

I really guess there is no hard way to find out what's true. Love should lead you to believe me if you are being lead by God. I speak 100% without lie or falsehood or delusion.

These are a pure truth. Do you have love enough to know that I speak the truth.

What does your love tell you about the truth I say? Will you disown me?

This is a truth and love post to see what's out there. Testing Testing.

Da.

new topics

top topics

join