It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tile...spying made easy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Just found this new product which helps people find things that they have lost.

No thanks from me, we will be getting wifes putting one of these in husbands wallets etc just to find out where they are.
Maybe they should have put one on Snowdon lol.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
If husband disagrees to be tracked with tile then he has something to hide lol.

I dont see much use for tile. We (parents) do use life360 android app to locate our type 1 diabetes kid (9 years old ) whereabouts as he doesnt feel his low bloodglucoses well and that app has really been helpful to us get help ( hypo food ) for him in time if he is out with his friends.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

"Just found this new product which helps people find things that they have lost."

Will it help find the freedom they have lost by the mere invention of devices like this one? I think not!

Plus who wants their Mrs to know their location moment by moment? I can tell you this, down that avenue lies nothing but pain and strife. LoL

Just another way for TPTB to track our everyday movements in my opinion!
edit on 10-7-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

I agree with you, you can bet the NSA invented the App......to track the Hipsters

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Remember what it was like before mobile phones? You could go days without communication, peace and quiet man those were the days!

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

I dropped mine in a pond by mistake, looked down and thought "good" I have never replaced it, I have email and a home phone.
Never again will I get one, just looking at people on the bus to walk makes me sick all eyes down ignoring the wonderful world we live in typing crap about what they had for breakfast.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

So let's say "Tile" locates your stolen bicycle, laptop, etc. That doesn't mean that you will be able to just walk right up and take it back, and the police aren't going to go search someone's property for a stolen item on the word of what is basically an "App". Only good I can see this being used for is lost car keys (lots of us have trouble remembering where we put those)- but there are already devices you can use to locate those without using tracking chips. I give "Tile" two thumbs down!

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake

Remember what it was like before mobile phones? You could go days without communication, peace and quiet man those were the days!

I resisted getting a cellphone as long as possible. Now I can hardly remember how to get by without it. Try finding a payphone lately? There aren't any. When you have serious medical issues it makes sense to be able to make a call but I do miss the privacy of the old days.

As for Tile my wife needs it to find her keys. She must waste at least an hour a week trying to find them. Her glasses too. Funny she never has a problem locating a bottle of wine though.

Eta: on the downside I can see people slipping these on others to see where they live, where they go etc. Way too many privacy problems created with this thing.
edit on 10-7-2013 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Originally posted by andy06shake

Eta: on the downside I can see people slipping these on others to see where they live, where they go etc. Way too many privacy problems created with this thing.
edit on 10-7-2013 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

Can you say stalking made easy?
Good idea on paper

top topics

join