It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lord of the Universe leaves His earthly abode and mingles in the street of Jaganath Puri

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Lord Jaganath , Baladevand sister Subharda have just made Their entrance out from the ancient Jaganath temple in Puri India
This is a very ancient festival of India and the all mercifull Lord of the Universe , Jaganath blesses His devottees every year at this time of year.
Live feed over the whole night and day as He jorneys to the beach
rathyatra.fullorissa.com...
edit on 10-7-2013 by Anusuia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...(Puri)

Rath Jatra being unique among all Jatras is the grandest festival of the supreme divinity who has manifested himself in the Kali Yuga to emancipate humanity and to relieve them from their sufferings. Lord Jagannatha is identified fully with Krishna. In his original manifestation as Nilamadhaba, he was worshipped in a sacred Nyagrodha Briksha or banyan tree. The branches of the tree had spread for several miles and any one entering this area was instantly emancipated and was relieved of the travails of the birth and rebirth. In fact, the influence of Yama, the God of Death, is supposed to have been curtailed in the sacred city of Puri – Srikshetra on account of the presence of Lord Jagannatha and therefore it is also called the Yamanika Tirtha. A glimpse of Lord Jagannatha on the chariot is considered to be very auspicious and saints, poets and scriptures have repeatedly glorified the sanctity of this special festival. The sanctity of the festival is such that even a touch of the chariot or even the ropes with which these are pulled is considered enough to confer the results of several pious deeds or penance for ages. In fact, there is a famous Oriya song which says that on this occasion, the chariot, the wheels, the grand avenue all become one with Lord Jagannatha himself.

Ratha Jatra, the Festival of Chariot : Chariots of Shri Jagannath is celebrated every year at Puri, the temple town in Odisha, on the second (dwitiya) day of shukla pakshya (waxing cycle of moon) of Ashadh Maas (3rd month in Lunar Calendar). The presiding deities of the Jagannath Temple, Puri's main temple, Lord Jagannath, Lord Balabhadra and Goddess Subhadra, with the celestial wheel (Sudarshana Chakra) are taken out from the temple precincts in an elaborate ritual procession to their respective chariots. The huge, colourfully decorated chariots are drawn by multitude of devotees on the bada danda, the grand avenue to the Gundicha Temple (Gundicha - King Indradyumna's Queen), two miles away to the North. On their way back from the Gundicha Temple, the three deities stop for a while near the Mausi Maa Temple (Aunt's abode) and have an offering of the Poda Pitha, which is a special type of pancake supposed to be the Lord's favourite. After a stay for seven days, the deities return to their abode.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
way better live feed link here
jagannath.nic.in...

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I am Lord Thygor king of the Lathoion.

I slay the mighty Shygorn with my battle axe of Trigon

I denounce your God.

For my god is the sky itself.

Krom.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
I am Lord Thygor king of the Lathoion.

I slay the mighty Shygorn with my battle axe of Trigon

I denounce your God.

For my god is the sky itself.

Krom.
Very funny ...now watch the link for a little bit . All those people out on the streets and its not a protest or riot or bad police killing people . Its all peace man

new topics

top topics

join