It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pink Bomb Scare: Australian Teen Arrested After Tweeting Alleged Threat at Singer's Melbourne Conce

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Unfortunately, this Pink fan gave authorities a reason to put him in jail. An Australian teenager has been arrested after touching off a bomb scare when he tweeted some lyrics from the singer's song before her concert on Sunday night at Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne. "@Pink I'm ready with my Bomb. Time to blow up #RodLaverArena. Bitch," the 16-year-old wrote in the now-deleted tweet, though police declined to release his name because he's a minor. While the reference was actually to Pink's ditty "Timebomb," because the tweet's hashtag linked to the arena's official Twitter page, venue security got wind of it and managed to pick the boy out of the crowd of 12,000 people using his Twitter profile picture and eject him before the show began.

[url=http://www.eonline.com/news/437353/pink-bomb-scare-australian-teen-arrested-after-tweeting-alleged-threat-at-singer-s-melbourne-concert]link[/url ]
I know it's E news which remarkably was the least biased one they used the word " Alleged". Which to me is very sad.

This looks pretty innocent and all. My question is how did security "get wind" of this. My brother in law and myself have worked security at several different concert venues, and arenas. Never did the security team monitor twitter during the event.

Could this have been PRISM(or the Australian version thereof ) in action? Did the call from the top down? And they identified him by his picture on twitter. "Picked him out of a crowd of 12,000" Was this facial recognition software?

That is a lot of people to wade through for one guy. They got him out of there before the concert started. I would be interested to see how much time lapsed between the tweet and the capture.

They have deleted the tweet, so, i'm not sure how to get a time stamp, but the concert start time should be easy enough to find. He's a 16 year old to boot, poor kid From all i have seen the stance is he will likely be charged.

All for referencing one of Pink's songs at her concert, because of the boogeyman paranoia

edit on 10-7-2013 by Privateinquotations because: spacing

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
There is obviously more here than a bunch of security scrutinizing 12000 faces in the dark. My Google Tracks app marks my location to within a few square feet,with GPS.

So it is likely they through his Twitter, they identified his phone. From Twitter connected to another social network or such for his picture. Then, they tracked his phone in the arena to at least the section he was in. At this point, his face may have been spotted out of a group of less than ten.

I would say this points to a database such as Prism being utilized, probably unwarranted legally, and certainly unwarranted literally. And yes, because of the boogeyman paranoia, which endangers us all.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Privateinquotations

the kid is a retard who got more than he bargained.

if you act stupid you get treated stupid.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by iam6degrees

the kid is a retard who got more than he bargained. if you act stupid you get treated stupid.

It was a tweet that had to do with one of the performers songs of whose concert he was at. There was no real threat. I have a feeling this post will be treated like some of your others i've noticed recently. Keeping going this way your name may as well be Iambanned.
edit on 10-7-2013 by Privateinquotations because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by iam6degrees

You get treated stupid....

Treated stupid....

Stupid....

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by iam6degrees

I think it has nothing to do with the fact that the person in question is retarded or stupid... after all he/she is a teenager and just enjoying life with his/her quotidien of hormonal volcanic eruptions! :

sometimes offensive : slow or limited in intellectual or emotional development : characterized by mental retardation

Link here : www.merriam-webster.com...

And all of this because the kid referenced one of Pinks songs in a tweet? I once said that i thought that Margarate Thatcher was a two faced bi***... but then again, that was before internet and cell phones existed!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

new topics

top topics

join