It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citizens Receiving Food Aid from Federal Gov't Now Outnumber Full-Time Private Sector Workers

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Without these hand outs our nation will collapse into complete tyranny of the mobs just like Egypt is.

side note Egypt
www.abovetopsecret.com...

How did it come to this and why is it getting worse?

The government created a monster, I know many people on food stamps that work and make about as much as we do the only difference is they have kids, so they receive that supplement, and free healthcare, as soon as the kids are of age they lose all that.

It may differ from state to state, I don't know.

There are so many unemployed and underemployed single men who have fallen though the cracks it aint even funny, actually it is terrifying, these guys get nothing, you have to have kids, my family member has one daughter, she was told she needed one more to get stamps, my daughter has no children she was told to have one in order to get medical assistant, I was sitting in the office when she asked, she asked because she is a low income type one diabetic, this ticks me off to no end that she can't get any medical assistance, unless she has kids. I have a friend that is in a battle over two children right now, why? food-stamps, medical care and section eight.
Oh and it gets better I know this lady that took custody of one of her cousins kids because her cousin I guess could afford to share, she took custody because she has no kids of her own, in order to get benefits, I could post this all day long, you have no idea.

BTW she works at the same place my daughter does that get turned down because she has no children, guess she needs to borrow one.

And BTW section eight is another thing that gets me going, that's what drove up the price of rent here, so we that don't qualify have to do without because of landlords that drove the price of rent up because they knew the government would pay up,

I don't think it is a good thing that we have become so dependent on the government, it is all going to come crashing down around us eventually, it is inevitable, we are just putting fingers in the dam.

edit on 083131p://bThursday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by artemisminion

It wouldnt be an over night phenomenon if programs were cut to the poorest demographic they wont turn on each other they would organize and probably really eff things up using all kinds of violence you thought the LA riots were bad, if those programs were just cut those riots will look like a mosh pit at a concert, lots of people will die and things will burn. FACT: when I was in Haiti in 2003-2004 you want to know what happened when you have 300,000 angry Haitians not having a government or food/ clean water, and your small unit doesnt have what they need right aways? Things burned people got killed by each other trampling over one another heading to the presidential palace, people got shot, part of the western portion of port au prince burned down you ever been on a security patrol in a burning neighborhood where paint stores explode and wild pigs eat corpses in the street, I dont mean to sound like a nay sayer but I will say when the poor has nothing left to lose they are going to band together and turn on those that have before they turn on each other, its survival and they will come in waves.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

They wont cut them all at once, they will slowly cut back on benefits, and whether you are eligible to get them will become more difficult, it is happening all ready , peoples allotments are going down slowly but surely, doctors don't accept patients on aid.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Oh, I do love the 1+1=Blue statement that you have used.
Stealing from my paycheck, to give to others magically makes us not turn into a third world country??
Your understanding of how things operate is about a grounded in truth, as unicorns barfing rainbows that cure cancer.

As for having to move? Geez, here I thought the America was designed as such, for the "person" to be responsible for themselves and their actions.
Why do I need to move, when all of your Utopian countries doing this crap are readily available for you to move right on in.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Cheesefleas

Ahhh, except national defense is part of the original design. Whether it be for Militias or the Military.

Soooooooo.......

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtfuldeliquent

Your blinded love for Govt is sickening.

Govt does not "help" people without first taking from someone else.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Like I said it wouldnt be an over night phenomenon, but when/if it happens it is going to hit hard and they will be organized. I am not saying it will happen but am saying that when people in these situations have nothing left it will not be good for us as a whole. As I said in a previous post IDK what a good solution is IDK if anyone really does either to be honest. Thats just my opinion though

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Just because you get food stamps doesn't mean you are mooching off of the system.

A new teacher with 2 kids, a family with both parents making 8 an hour plus 2 kids, a county deputy with a nonworking spouse all can apply and will more than likely receive food stamps/aid.

With everything being online, it is that much easier for people to apply and receive food stamps.

Working class people sometimes need a break. They also, at times, need assistance. With the way things are now, who are we to judge. Most members of ATS will, at one time or another, require assistance. At that time, that member will add a +1 to a stat.

Stop getting caught up in hype, they do it for ratings so they can make bu-ku bucks. True the facts are an eye opener, but you need to be smart as to which eye you open.
edit on 11-7-2013 by ChuckNasty because: upper case isn't the same as lower

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I realy think economics should be mandatory in High School. That way, more people would understand how it all works making us less likely to be used as a floor mat.

This was all explained years ago when they started printing money we didnt have. Inflation. When they do this, it causes stuff to cost more $$. You dont get paid more, because it doesnt work like that. You pay 2-3x's more for a loaf of bread than before because that is how much more it costs for the ingredients, and taxes on those ingredients and taxes on paying people to make it, etc. It costs more so we can pay for the $$ they printed that wasnt there.

Most employers can not pay you more because the $ is not there. Unless you want to give up your job so your salary can be spread to others, but even then, raising their income raises their taxes and the taxes the employer pays so they can pay you. So they would only get a fraction of the money you gave up. Thus leading to less getting done, making the product even more expencive.

Obamacare, is making business owners pay even more money that they dont have causing more job losses and more expencive products.
What employers pay so people can live off unemployment raises costs and reduces what they can pay employees.
Welfare raises our taxes.

STOP blaming employers!!! Their hands are tied!!!

Continuing to take from the makers and not from the takers WILL end us. Basic 3rd grade math proves that.

Unfortunatly,
news.yahoo.com...

They are not allowed to make ANY cuts to welfare, while cutting an essential amount from the Farmers. So says Obama.

edit on 11-7-2013 by mrsdudara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by thoughtfuldeliquent

Your blinded love for Govt is sickening.

Govt does not "help" people without first taking from someone else.

Spoken like a true sheep. Your comment is 100% true, but do you really understand what you stated?

I work for and get paid by the govt. I also pay taxes from pay I receive from taxes. Sounds crazy, but if you follow the money, it may make sense dependent on how you view things. I then put that money back into the local economy. That spending produces more tax revenue for the govt to take.

Silly example - Some people are in uproar to the fact that people can use their food stamp debit card thingie. Imagine if you owned an establishment that now can accept the food debit card - you'd be happy as heck. You now have the opportunity to make much more money. That increase of revenue will be taxed. That increase in tax will go back into the system. For you and your customers, its a win-win.

Now imagine if you owned a food service based shop in a town that most of its residents relied on a single manufacturing plant. That plant pink slipped 1/3 of its employees. Those 1/3 are now on food stamps. You, the shop owner, will be hit by a huge drop in customers. Those third won't be coming by. Another big chunk won't come by due to the fact they will try and save more just in case they are next. The ripple effect will swoop through like a wild fire. The town will be dead in months if not weeks if there is zero outside assistance.

Luckily, we live in a country that will assist those in need. Those people receiving assistance will allow your shop to stay open. You will be able to pay your bills. You will be able to pay into taxes. That town will stay afloat until it stabilizes itself. There wont be a total loss of the town, the govt monies coming in through other areas will allow that town to remain until another industry comes in.

If the govt stopped assisting those in need, many cities would have vanished. Many people would have went hungry. A crap-ton would be homeless. Now the majority of your population is living in poverty. They cannot pay their bills because there is no govt assistance. There would be no monies going back into the govt at all. That sudden stoppage of cash flow would halt the ponzi like scheme that we currently have in place.

At least now, we can slow the demise down to an almost controllable point.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Ahhh, except national defense is part of the original design. Whether it be for Militias or the Military.

Soooooooo.......

Article 1, section 8, clause 12

The current military is unconstitutional. It has stood and been funded for far longer than two years.

Sooooo

You pick and choose your "love" for the constitution don't you.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

Inflation can be artificially controlled by the govt. How much your currency is worth outside your country is trade based (or whatever they call it). China does it with ease. They still keep their cost of food down to support their people's income.

Printing more money is a false term in my book (the govt has a very small say in what the fed does). Borrowing more from nothing is more like it. As long as we stay away from gold and force others to do the same, is the key. We can sustain ourselves with the trade value of the buck alone. Hope for the best.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
I realy think economics should be mandatory in High School. That way, more people would understand how it all works making us less likely to be used as a floor mat.

This was all explained years ago when they started printing money we didnt have. Inflation. When they do this, it causes stuff to cost more $$. You dont get paid more, because it doesnt work like that. You pay 2-3x's more for a loaf of bread than before because that is how much more it costs for the ingredients, and taxes on those ingredients and taxes on paying people to make it, etc. It costs more so we can pay for the $$ they printed that wasnt there.

Most employers can not pay you more because the $ is not there. Unless you want to give up your job so your salary can be spread to others, but even then, raising their income raises their taxes and the taxes the employer pays so they can pay you. So they would only get a fraction of the money you gave up. Thus leading to less getting done, making the product even more expencive.

Obamacare, is making business owners pay even more money that they dont have causing more job losses and more expencive products.
What employers pay so people can live off unemployment raises costs and reduces what they can pay employees.
Welfare raises our taxes.

STOP blaming employers!!! Their hands are tied!!!

Continuing to take from the makers and not from the takers WILL end us. Basic 3rd grade math proves that.

Unfortunatly,
news.yahoo.com...

They are not allowed to make ANY cuts to welfare, while cutting an essential amount from the Farmers. So says Obama.

Last I checked, farmers have lots of food typically speaking...

Second, each employer is different, most employers typically choose to expand or provide surplus money
To management, not the cogs of the operation. Exactly why there is such a thing as unions, they did not sprout up for fun.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Your circular idea of following the dollar is nice, but only viewed in your case as truth, because of the failure of schools to teach such things.

While I am fully aware of people like military members paying taxes, thus paying a portion of their own paycheck, it doesn't have anything to do with the Govt stealing from me, to give to others.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Oh, I love that you went there.

That is why I included Militias.

Nice try, but you better try a little harder next time. I am well aware of the standing armies argument.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brotherman
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Like I said it wouldnt be an over night phenomenon, but when/if it happens it is going to hit hard and they will be organized. I am not saying it will happen but am saying that when people in these situations have nothing left it will not be good for us as a whole. As I said in a previous post IDK what a good solution is IDK if anyone really does either to be honest. Thats just my opinion though

I don't know either brotherman, but all that money spent on aid could have been put to good use teaching the people a trade.

One day we all may be the same boat, say the SHTF and there is no government to step in with support and aid, we better know something about how to help ourselves and others survive.
edit on 093131p://bThursday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cheesefleas

Second, each employer is different, most employers typically choose to expand or provide surplus money
To management, not the cogs of the operation. Exactly why there is such a thing as unions, they did not sprout up for fun.

As for the farmers having a lot of food, check again! In the past handfull of years, severe drought and severe floods have obliterated crops and cattle herds. If there wasnt aid to farmers, they would have all lost everything and we would have no farmers except maybe monsanto. Generally there is a stash of grain kept for emergencies so we dont run out. That stash was emptied last year, and farmers crops produced little to restore it, and it took several tries to get what we got. Not enough grain, hay, corn, + drought = not enough to feed livestock. No $$ from our taxes to help restore crops after they fail. Food doesnt just appear out of the blue.

To the comment on employers....
I dont even know where to begin! That line of thinking is about as riddiculous as insisting the world is flat. Perhaps in the extra large corperations like Walmart you MIGHT have a point but thats it. As far as I have seen, unions have caused more issues and destroyed more opprotunities than anything else. A group of people shouting gimme gimme gimme I want I want I want but are not willing to actually do the work needed to acomplish it. With so many jobs being sent overseas, I have known entirely too many people who were more than willing to work for what some unions pissed and moaned about. SURPLUS????!!!!! What surplus?? Have you seen what the recession has done to businesses?? People are having to choose what they want to spend their money on. When you have little, fancy cable goes, twinkies goes, eating out turns into eating in, etc. Compaines who have made any surplus are having to use it to payoff the loans they had to take in order to continue paying their employees.

Best rule of thumb is DONT BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Oh, I love that you went there.

That is why I included Militias.

Nice try, but you better try a little harder next time. I am well aware of the standing armies argument.

The constitution limits the length of time and army or militia can stand to two years.

I don't see you harping on that blatant unconstitutionality.

It makes you a flaming hypocrite to be concerned about constitonal matters, except when it lines your pockets, then you make excuses for days.

The wording and intent couldn't be more clear.
edit on 11-7-2013 by Cheesefleas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Don't get me wrong, I hate those who accept, with open arms, monies from people who work hard for it. Any and all welfare societies have failed in every history book. I am just for the OPs topic, but not as a lifelong crutch, but for a means to get by and not of a means to live by.

The only Utopian society is that one of working bodies where everyone works instead of where everyone else works for those who don't.

The govt needs to implement a time limit on welfare usage. Allowing people to stay lazy isn't good business.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Citizens Receiving Food Aid from Federal Gov't Now Outnumber Full-Time Private Sector Workers

Well anyway you look at it, this is not a health situation.
the end

Originally posted by Cheesefleas

Ever hear of the dust bowl?
edit on 103131p://bThursday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join