It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you read this book? Proof of Heaven

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Well, it seems like its been debunked. I do mean really debunk! Read this carefully...

The 'Proof of Heaven' Author Has Now Been Thoroughly Debunked by Science -

When Dr. Eben Alexander wrote his book it seems that he conveniently forgot a few small damning details that are now coming back to haunt him, for lack of a better word. The coma he says he fell into during his severe illness was apparently medically-induced and the doctor who induced his coma says so herself. She also says that at no point was Alexander "dead" but rather conscious and just "delirious" as he overcame his illness, meaning that his experiences were likely a product of that. The most amazing aspect of this whole incident is that Alexander didn't consider anyone else might come forward with their version of events including medical evidence.

It seems this guy fooled a lot of folks. I hope most find out. If you go to this article you can read the story.www.theatlanticwire.com...

I myself almost bought the book. I read a lot and it "was" on my long list.

I won't read it now

again "The most amazing aspect of this whole incident is that Alexander didn't consider anyone else might come forward with their version of events including medical evidence."

Oh, really Mr. Moody

edit on 9-7-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
And another goes down. another goes down.
Another one bites the dust!!! lol

Damn you Mr. Darwin!!!!!!

If theres a God he cares far more about staying hidden then he ever did us.

Or far more likely, science has a far closer guess at our origins.

That said of course i can't help but read up on stories like this, just incase..

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by artemisminion

I hear ya!

The guy could talk and tell a good story. Like I said, I almost bought the book! I watched a lot of interviews on the tube. He was convincing ...but aren't they all?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

A lot of people like him are great at wanting to sell, sell, sell! To whoever they could. I cannot believe people like Benny Hinn are still in business and it has been proven they never heal the people they say are healed. I'll find some links later.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

I hear you! I've watch Benny Hinn with mouth wide open

I just can't understand how these people fool so many in "this day and age", and Hinn is just one of so many!

Oh well what can ya say?

Oh! and Ernest Angley! I check him out now and then. He still has the same hair as when I was a kid

My great grandmother use to really love Oral Roberts to death! (and Perry Mason 'Raymond Burr')

edit on 10-7-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

As former President Franklin Roosevelt said before: "The average citizen is a very gullible individual." I think people are looking for answers and when people have faith (Christianity) or some type of problem they tend to listen to people who can make an easy buck off them.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Yeah, I know. But its still craziness. What is that one Christian network (TBN) yeah, tbn trinity broadcasting network. OMG!

That one woman with the giant hair! I think she's been their since I was in High school! That's one funny network!

this Lady

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I remember all of these people as I was a young Christian who was upset to see these people on air instead of anything targeted to teen Christians. What I liked about the shows for teen Christians is that you had great inspirational shows. Anything relating to Christian music, discussing the bible, etc. It felt very powerful.

But the shows aired late in the night when you naturally wanted to sleep. And in return I was stuck with boring old people who wanted money. It just felt like whoa we need cool shows to bring people to Christ. Not just people begging. What fun is that?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Yeah, I was a regular at church up until I got out of the service. I use to go to the summer camps (and get in trouble chasing the girls and do a lot of kitchen duty) and all in all had a good time.

edit on 10-7-2013 by RUFFREADY because: added a "l" to all

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

That sounds like a lot of fun!

I love having fun and just living life.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

It was. I use to go to Grand Ave. Methodist church and they had great stuff going on all the time. The camps (I'd always bring a close friend tell them lots of girls! :lol
The camps were in the mountains of California, like big bear, very nice.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I'm from Northern California and there are many beautiful Christian girls out here. It feels hypocritical as an atheist to say this. But it feels like God had his hand in their creation. Stunning!

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I've been all over California (lived there a long time) Sacramento was a place I'd go visit, San Jose, and other places (I was stationed at NAS Lemoore) Lots of good times in California.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
The sad part is that it wont matter to those who believe him,
they hold belief to be more important than truth, they would
rather believe a delusion than face the possibility that they
are wrong about religion and that many of its followers are
simply there to take money.

One day they might figure this out and instead of paying middle
men to lie to them they might actually give that money to someone
who will put it to use feeding the hungry or medical help to those
who do not have it. So much money is wasted on these charlatans.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

Yes, I agree with your points.

This current fraud of a "NDE" account by a "doctor" took hold of many that just used it to REINFORCE the stories of others who reported NDE's.

Sad

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
"Universal Acquires ‘Proof Of Heaven’; Bestseller About Dying Surgeon Who Glimpses Afterlife"

source: www.deadline.com...

I wonder if this will still be made?

EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures has won a bidding battle for movie rights to Proof Of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon’s Journey Into The Afterlife, the runaway bestselling non-fiction book about a man who glimpsed the afterlife during a near death health crisis. Mary Parent and Cale Boyter will produce through Disruption Entertainment. Deal was six figures and three studios chased the book.

This should be interesting to follow (and see if this will still be made) and such.

Deal was six figures !!

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I didn't read the book. I read a synopsis of his story. I wasn't attracted to it at all.
So I didn't read it. This site has lots of stories people have written in about.
NDE stories. Not selling books. Just regular people. Some are rather interesting.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Very good article on NDE. Also the subject in the OP talks about his NDE.

an NDE can make a convert of a skeptic. Dr. Eben Alexander is a well-known case of an agnostic scientist who became convinced of the existence of the spiritual.

He has often shared his story in television interviews with journalists and expressed his views in lectures and in books and video presentations, which he sells on his website.

Alexander, a neurosurgeon, according to his autobiography, has described his experience in the same terms as the Belgian researchers: "hyper-reality," "too real to be real."

In the beginning, he tried to interpret his experience as a brain function, he wrote on his website, but he became increasingly spiritual. He has come to the conclusion that people are reincarnated.

Alexander says his experience could not have been a hallucination, because the parts of the brain necessary to produce his experiences were basically dead when he had them.

'Afterlife' feels 'even more real than real,' researcher says

By Ben Brumfield, CNN

updated 5:21 AM EDT, Wed April 10, 2013

source for quote above: CNN www.cnn.com...

new topics

top topics

join