It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do We Do? An Introduction to the AZP Series

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I see many people seeing issues in the world, and many others asking "what are you going to do about it?"

So, I have decided to do something. I am considering this as an open source project, of sorts. I will be making a series of posts that directly point to feasible solutions that not only dont have to deal with a massively corrupted system, but that we can decide to carry out in our every day lives without any sort of typical revolution. All posts will be designated with "AZP" in the title. The letters are meaningless other than for identification. If you have a post in the same vein, feel free to utilize them for the same purpose.

Many want a change, but are not willing to propose actual systems to replace things. I think that a lot of us have realized there are some very real issues in the world, but as the opening questions suggests; what is to be done about it?

What solution will actually build up a new system instead of perpetuating the same one that has existed for thousands of years?

I do not feel there is a single solution with this. Instead, I feel that a new system should be based on a true collaboration of all the truly brilliant minds that exist in mankind. We have communication technology to assist in this, and an objectively-focused method to determine success in the scientific method. This involves ALL OF US, working together, because ALL OF US have to pay the price for failure or reap the rewards for success.

In this, I am not personally proposing action plans, but I am trying to initiate an exchange of ideas that may lead all of us to a better tomorrow. The only way we can do this is together.

Are we truly that dependent on the existing system that we are not able to live in a different way without overthrowing anything directly?

I believe that we are NOT that dependent. I believe that we do NOT need to overthrow anything.

Every single one of us plays into the paradigm that manifests at the higher levels of governance. The "power of the people" is not just some idealogical battleground. The choices we all make directly determine what world we live in.

Are there choices we can make in our every day lives that will benefit not only ourselves, but everyone around us? Can we use technology to enable our society to truly grow without cutting off the dead limbs (bloodshed)?

Our system currently, or "cultural story" for those that might get the reference, is to make life better for a select group at the expense of others. In other words, we operate on greed over need. While so many propose solutions, they tend to be for the betterment of those like them and not the world as a whole. I suggest that this very specific underlying current to our society directly leads to the injustices that we feel.

Are there choices we can make to benefit everyone? Is there a lifestyle that can benefit both greed and need?

I believe that there is, and through the subsequent threads, I hope to offer just one individuals ideas on how we can be the change we wish to see in the world. And when we all do that, we will see a world that changes according to what we collectively wish to be.

Please, please offer your suggestions and ideas to the threads or any like them. We really can do this! But not without all of us trying.
edit on 9-7-2013 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

What solution will actually build up a new system instead of perpetuating the same one that has existed for thousands of years?

First we need to define that system that has existed for "thousands of years". Which one is that?

Are you referring to "Survival of the Fittest?" I doubt if that system can be changed.

I applaud your idealism!!!

edit on 9-7-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
First we need to define that system that has existed for "thousands of years". Which one is that?

The cultural story of greed over need. I just made several threads on the topic, which will probably help identify a more cohesive train of ideas. This is just the intro.
We will see how it all goes. Many are looking for ideas, and all I am doing is putting forth my own with the hope that others will chime in. Not just to destroy the ideas, but to offer their own as a collaborative effort (which the world is anyway).

Are you referring to "Survival of the Fittest?"

Not necessarily.

I applaud your idealism!!!

Idealism turns into something else entirely when you involve action that uses tools to achieve realistic goals.

edit on 9-7-2013 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
The current system for westerners and Americans especially is similar to a tobacco addiction. We don't need it and it is harming us more everyday but we have convinced ourselves that we can not go one minute without it and we are afraid of the withdrawals . The system is designed around mass production and consumption, leisure and comfort, and instant gratification.

We have tried the patch (bailouts) we have tried the gum (new leaders) so perhaps cold turkey is the only option here.One positive effect of the system crumbling is that people will rediscover what is truly important.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by NihilistSanta
The current system for westerners and Americans especially is similar to a tobacco addiction. We don't need it and it is harming us more everyday but we have convinced ourselves that we can not go one minute without it and we are afraid of the withdrawals . The system is designed around mass production and consumption, leisure and comfort, and instant gratification.

We have tried the patch (bailouts) we have tried the gum (new leaders) so perhaps cold turkey is the only option here.One positive effect of the system crumbling is that people will rediscover what is truly important.

I think that while this may apply to many things, that it will only take a few to really start this.

If we look at the founding of the United States, all of us were warned. We were warned of centralized banks, giving up our liberty for security, and so many other things. These items seem timeless, but they have been vilified as "antiquities."

I do think our approach to society needs to change, or we are headed to exactly where we have gone countless times before. We have learned so much, but I am not sure we have grown alongside our knowledge. Maybe its time to do that?

The thought is even a bit scary to me, because its new and unknown in a lot of ways. But, I really do think we can create a better world just as effectively as we have created the one we are in now.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I think the first step would be to face our fears.

It's fear that makes us take decisions we wouldn't, if we would listen to our heart!

If we boil it down most of the time it's fear of death.

Whenever we face one of these fears it feels like we're going to die.

So I suggest we get used to die over and over again!

Let me give an example:

When i was a young lad fresh out of school, new job, new flat. I just started to be an adult in a effed up system. After maybe a year i had saved so much that I felt save enough to quit my job and live of my savings for as long as possible. as time passes by my bank account keeps shrinking, at some point i started to feel some anxiety for the lack of money and inharmonic taughts and behavior emerged. Up to the point I really got afraid of what would happen if i hit zero, it felt live threatening.
Well guess what i hit zero and didn't die!
But something else died in the aftermath. The fear induced through society that if you don't have money you are a dead man walking.
I just got a taste of freedom and i liked it!

This is just one example of unreal fears induced through society.

It's quite hard to die if you live a simple life in touch with nature, and in harmony with your surroundings, let's not be afraid of life.

NC

top topics

join