It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waddington 2013 Selection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
It was a fabulously hot day on Sunday when I ventured into the land of six fingered hands and webbed feet that is Lincolnshire for this years Waddington show.

Sequestration meant no US participation, guttingly, but a fine show was put on. I took over 2500 pictures and will post some of the better ones in this thread, I'm no pro so don't be too harsh but I hope you enjoy them.

Red Arrows singleton pass by Wayne NB, on Flickr
edit on 9-7-2013 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

You don't need to be a pro to take a good picture. My brother was anything but a pro when he started, and one of the base Public Affairs civilians had three pictures that he had taken and framed as one montage hanging in his office, and when he moved to another base he took it with him. He said that was one of his prize possessions.

Great shot of the Apache.
edit on 7/9/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
For some reason the resized images wont show from Flickr, so I'll just post the links. Thanks, I really wanted to get the movement in the blades of props and rotors while keeping the subject sharp and I'm relieved that I generally managed it.

in fact, if you follow this link you can click through the album. This, btw, is an image I love. The salute by the Red Arrows and a Sentinel R1 of 5Sqn celebrating the squadrons 100th anniversary.

Red Arrows salute 5 Sqn by Wayne NB, on Flickr

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

Excellent pics, Waynos

One question though, what do you mean by "sequestration" in regards to non-US participation? Sorry for being a plank...

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Due to the enforced budget cuts that came about earlier this year, no US aircraft will participate in any airshows, or flyovers at sporting events. In fact 17 squadrons were stood down from being combat mission capable, to barely being basic mission capable.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

US budgetary restrictions forced the US to withdraw from all air shows this year, including I believe the Thunderbirds and Blue Angels entire 2013 schedule.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

They're trying to return the Blue Angels pilots to the fleet, which is incredibly stupid, since that would cost more than allowing them to finish performing this year.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Ah, yes... I do remember reading about that... See, I was being a plank, but I have been up all night so I have an excuse

I do find it a little amusing that poor as a church mouse UK can still have the Red Arrows and other displays going on and the big Ol' USA cuts them...

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

That's because the people in charge of the cuts are idiots. If they allowed the Blue Angels to finish out the season, they would save money. By returning them to the fleet, it's going to cost at least twice as much.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Aren't they always?

It's like our esteemed leaders changing the Carriers to be cats and traps - then after spending millions to change the design, decide it cost too much and then spent millions going back to Plan A.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Ain't that the truth. They kill the Thunderbirds and Blue Angels, then turn around and spend millions (going to be billions) more on the F-35, after saying that all indications are that more delays are coming soon in the program. It's incredible to watch, and it makes me sick.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I got my pic of a Typhoon forming a cloud over its wings to show in the 'chemtrail agencies' thread so tomorrow I'll do some here the same way. Time for bed now, nighty night all.

oh yes, this is the pic that workds, lol

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

Very nice pic man.

new topics

top topics

join